W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Need help with E55 secondary air pump hoses

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2020, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 E55
Need help with E55 secondary air pump hoses

I am getting codes for the secondary air pump due one of the hoses not being connected. Air comes out of the hose so it works, I just can’t find a diagram for where this hose plugs into. I bought the car like this and have no idea where to connect it.

Last edited by Ramodeys; 05-04-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:17 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Directly behind the oil housing you'll see a flare. That's where it goes. No clamp or anything, it just pushes on.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:34 PM

W211 E55
Originally Posted by equitiesguy
Directly behind

the oil housing you'll see a flare. That's where it goes. No clamp or anything, it just pushes on.

is this what you are talking about? It has a cap inside of it. The old owner might have put this in.

Old 05-05-2020, 03:42 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
I don't know what that is.
The two red arrows are the small hoses for the secondary air system valves. That's just for reference.
Yellow arrow is the hose you're talking about which comes up from the air pump, and connects near the driver's side valve. Follow it under the driver's side valve hose and you'll see the fitting it should connect to (depending on whether it was modified).
There's two plastic clips it goes into to lock it in place: one where it first comes up from underneath before it makes the left hand turn toward the air valve, and another plastic clip that attaches it securely to the oil line going into the housing (about 3-4" out from the valve it connects to).

Last edited by equitiesguy; 05-05-2020 at 04:10 AM.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:29 AM

W211 E55
I don't know what that is.
The two red arrows are the small hoses for the secondary air system valves. That's just for reference.
Yellow arrow is the hose you're talking about which comes up from the air pump, and connects near the driver's side valve. Follow it under the driver's side valve hose and you'll see the fitting it should connect to (depending on whether it was modified).
There's two plastic clips it goes into to lock it in place: one where it first comes up from underneath before it makes the left hand turn toward the air valve, and another plastic clip that attaches it securely to the oil line going into the housing (about 3-4" out from the valve it connects to).

thank you so much. This is extremely helpful
Old 05-05-2020, 06:33 AM

Mercedes CLS 55 AMG
Originally Posted by Ramodeys
thank you so much. This is extremely helpful
You're welcome. I would also get rid of those K&N air filters and replace them with MANN filters first chance you get. They'll ruin your engine.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:22 AM

W211 E55
You're welcome. I would also get rid of those K&N air filters and replace them with MANN filters first chance you get. They'll ruin your engine.
i haven’t even considered that. I am going to go with an air filter setup similar to the one in the photo you linked. I heard that it increases the whine from the supercharger.