W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Reviving my multi-contour seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2021, 01:50 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDI & 2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by kevm14
All I can tell you is what I did. Granted I have multi-contour only. But none of my buttons worked on either seat, suggesting a more systemic issue. First step was to locate the pump and determine if it runs during a brief period after the ignition is turned on (I don't think you need to start the car as my seats now work in what I call accessory mode or I guess position 1/one press of KG).

Anyway mine did not run. So, my step 1 was to get a pump that did run and go from there. After one DOA eBay pump I found one that works and is still working. I simply swapped in the used pump and my buttons all work now. Except I determined that I have leaky back bolster bladders on, I think, both seats, but the thigh and lumbar seem to hold air. That's probably as far as I'll go unless I feel like I have a broken line under a seat somewhere (pretty easy fix vs fishing the bladder out).
Since I will be having the car in storage during the winter months (December, Jan, Feb) I could end up doing a full bladder replacement project then if that is the issue.
Has anyone done that for the E class models? Is the procedure the same or very similar to the S class bladder replacement video shown on another thread?
Old 05-25-2021, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 98 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
I think you're wasting a lot of time. The pump will stop working once it detects a leak. Again, as I posted before, your seat bladders are cracked and leaking from age. They will all require replacement.

^^^^ This is accurate. I've done dozens of bladder repalcements. They are vinyl and on a 10+ year car with people sitting on them, they tend to crack/fail.