W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Any climate control/blend door/air conditioning gurus on here?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 12:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 AMG, 2018 Audi Q7, 2005 Porsche Boxster S, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 744HP 1965 Shelby Cobra
Any climate control/blend door/air conditioning gurus on here?

I have 2006 E55, and it has a long time issue that has finally worked it's way to the top of my to do list. It's actually two problems, but they may be related. I really don't know but hopefully someone on here does.

1- When I start the car after it's been sitting in the hot Texas summer sun, the A/C won't get cold for like 5-10 minutes. This is WAY longer than just moving the stagnant hot air out of the vents as is normal. It's a considerable amount of time. Once the A/C does get cold, it works fine. Could too much/too little gas in the system cause this? Could it be a slow, lagging blend door issue (see question 2)? Any other ideas?

2- The passenger side defrost vent always has cold air coming out even when the defrost is selected off, which is an annoyance since it causes condensation on a muggy summer day on the windshield. How hard is this to fix? If the whole dash has to come out, no way I'm tackling that myself. I work on the car myself doing valve cover gaskets, plugs, filters, air springs, brakes, etc - but there's no way I'm going to tackle removing the whole dash if that's what needs to be done. I'd just like to get some idea what might be going on here before I take it in for service, and of course to see if it might be something I can handle myself.

What would you think an independent garage would tally up to to take care of these 2 issues? Taking it to a dealer is out of the question.