W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMS/ALPHA Performance M157 Upgraded Turbos - 787WHP!

Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Malu59RT
Had the opportunity to meet the AMS crew at the Texas Invitational, and can't say enough about how impressive their car and crew was. Very professional, detail oriented, and they are the definition of working together as a team. I remember a thread they made a while back, of doing a complete laser scan of an engine bay, so they could actually engineer parts, rather than "guessing" what would work and the old trial and error method of throwing parts at a car and testing it. I really appreciated the "engineering" approach they took to their builds, and look forward to see what they do with the M157.
Thank you sincerely, I was one of the individuals there along with Larry, Chris and Ivan. We do take a great deal of pride in what we do and reading posts like this remind us why that matters. Thank you very much for taking the time out to post that.

Eric
Old 02-21-2013, 04:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'16 GTS Solar
This is really incredible work. Will this be compatible with the new S-AMG 4matic models rolling out? Or do you foresee drivetain issues posed by the AWD? Having this kind of power in a CLS63 4matc would be incredible.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by BK63amg
This is really incredible work. Will this be compatible with the new S-AMG 4matic models rolling out? Or do you foresee drivetain issues posed by the AWD? Having this kind of power in a CLS63 4matc would be incredible.
+1

Keen to see how the AWD system handles this power.

Any pricing on the upgraded turbos?
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Very Impressive. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates from you.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:22 AM
xoy

Cool

Sure this is WHP and not crank HP??? This would mean over 900 at the crank taking the transmission loss is easy over 100hp??? And what about the torque???

Really wanna see more info to believe this.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
lol trust us this is WHP. I can see the skepticism if you don't have any knowledge of our background. We have been manufacturing components and working with Turbocharged cars for almost 12 years now. We hold just about all major records in every platform we work with. The only reason you have not seen us in the Mercedes market sooner is because they didn't have enough platforms with turbo's for us to cater to. Now with the M157 and more turbo platforms on the horizon we knew it was time to toss our hat into the ring.

If you want to learn more about our company and our history please visit:
www.AMSperformance.com and www.alphaperformance.com

We make many packages and components for many cars.

Tq is not present on the graph simply because our Tach/rpm pickup our dyno was having a hard time getting a clean signal.

Again pricing is not far off but there is nothing I can divulge at the present moment.

Eric
Old 02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
Originally Posted by AMS_Performance
lol trust us this is WHP. I can see the skepticism if you don't have any knowledge of our background. We have been manufacturing components and working with Turbocharged cars for almost 12 years now. We hold just about all major records in every platform we work with. The only reason you have not seen us in the Mercedes market sooner is because they didn't have enough platforms with turbo's for us to cater to. Now with the M157 and more turbo platforms on the horizon we knew it was time to toss our hat into the ring.

Tq is not present on the graph simply because our Tach/rpm pickup our dyno was having a hard time getting a clean signal.

Again pricing is not far off but there is nothing I can divulge at the present moment.

Eric
What do you plan to do to protect the transmission from blowing up with the huge torque you generate?
Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 AM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 C63,1989 944 Turbo, 2018-GTR, GLC63S
Only the test of time will tell how long the bottom end will last. I'm not sure how the stock rot bearings are taking the boost spikes...

Last edited by 4ramin; 02-23-2013 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
Now I don't care that it looks like a Camry. I can't wait for these cars to get down into the 40's.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by 4ramin
Only the test of time will tell how long the bottom end will last. I'm not sure how the stock rot bearings are taking the boost spikes...
Why exactly do you think this will effect the rod bearings???

The car is not detonating at all... Properly tuned the bearings will operate just as they should. We put over 1600whp through stock Nissan bearings on GT-R's.

Eric

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 02-23-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by absent
What do you plan to do to protect the transmission from blowing up with the huge torque you generate?
Right now nothing as its showing no signs of struggling at all. If the time does come we will take the appropriate steps to reinforce the gearbox. The car does already have a prototype set of upgraded rear axles courtesy of driveshaft shop
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Smile

Right now nothing as its showing no signs of struggling at all. If the time does come we will take the appropriate steps to reinforce the gearbox. The car does already have a prototype set of upgraded rear axles courtesy of driveshaft shop
As I plan to replace the CLS with the new S E63 or S63,I look forward to your development of that powertrain.
I'm in Lake Forest so not that far to do the work in your shop (my dealer does Renntech but was limited only to R1 package(intercooler and ECU) and exhaust).
I've got a taste for more.....
Old 02-24-2013, 08:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'11 911 Turbo S, '15 HELLCAT, '07 Escalade, '15 Sienna
Originally Posted by absent
As I plan to replace the CLS with the new S E63 or S63,I look forward to your development of that powertrain.
I'm in Lake Forest so not that far to do the work in your shop (my dealer does Renntech but was limited only to R1 package(intercooler and ECU) and exhaust).
I've got a taste for more.....
Which dealer does renntech?
Old 02-25-2013, 01:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by dr. ss
Which dealer does renntech?
Knauz did all my AMGs since 2002.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:26 AM

Why exactly do you think this will effect the rod bearings???

The car is not detonating at all... Properly tuned the bearings will operate just as they should. We put over 1600whp through stock Nissan bearings on GT-R's.

Eric
The fact of the matter is that this is not a GTR, all I'm saying is that its a stock bottom end and a new motor thats new to all tuners. Not you, me or any other tunner knows how much load the bottom end will Hold. Something we will all discover in the long term. I also highly question a 1600hp GTR with a stock bottom end will last very long. I don't care about a short term hp rating I care about long term reliability with the added power. Now I also know that anytime you modify you have risk however how fast the damage happens is another story.... I love turbo charged cars as the possibilities just open up.
So Eric I'm not saying your doing anything wrong but let's be honest everything has its limits...I am however keeping eye on this as this could very much be my next toy. Good luck and keep up the hard work.

Last edited by 4ramin; 02-25-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
I don't think the bearings would be affected by this at all, maybe you mean rods or pistons eventually?

Last edited by Pewter KPA; 02-25-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E55 AMG on Ethanol-Meth; 600rwhp BMW M5
Very nice work fellas, look forward to what you guys can do with that platform.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
The fact of the matter is that this is not a GTR, all I'm saying is that its a stock bottom end and a new motor thats new to all tuners. Not you, me or any other tunner knows how much load the bottom end will Hold. Something we will all discover in the long term. I also highly question a 1600hp GTR with a stock bottom end will last very long. I don't care about a short term hp rating I care about long term reliability with the added power. Now I also know that anytime you modify you have risk however how fast the damage happens is another story.... I love turbo charged cars as the possibilities just open up.
So Eric I'm not saying your doing anything wrong but let's be honest everything has its limits...I am however keeping eye on this as this could very much be my next toy. Good luck and keep up the hard work.
You are very correct, This is not a GT-R. However bearings across cars are fundamentally the same. They provide a lubrication surface. What exactly is it about the bearings that you are concerned about exactly, maybe I am not understanding you correctly.

Regarding the GT-R I did not say it has a stock bottom end. In fact it has upgraded rods, pistons, Crank...hell even the block is upgraded. However the bearings are actually completely stock as they work very well. That car is surprisingly reliable. MotorTrend just tested one of our 1200hp models:
I don't doubt at some point that some components are going to show signs of weakness as we start to push this platform even farther. My guess (as with most stock cars) is the factory connecting rod. When a component does show that its not up to the task we will replace it with one that is.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Last edited by AMS_Performance; 02-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
xoy

Smile

Eric

Hi Eric, i know your company..

But theese numbers you are slinging out are also pretty crazy - how much is that on the crank- 950hp? Normally this car would "loose" around 150hp in the driveline. So if wheel power is 787 + the drive loss...

Im sorry for me being suspecious, but it must be pretty severe changes to many things to get this kind of power.

I would REALLY like to se the torque curve. - and still turbo cars or not, they are all so different brand to brand.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:23 AM

You are very correct, This is not a GT-R. However bearings across cars are fundamentally the same. They provide a lubrication surface. What exactly is it about the bearings that you are concerned about exactly, maybe I am not understanding you correctly.

Regarding the GT-R I did not say it has a stock bottom end. In fact it has upgraded rods, pistons, Crank...hell even the block is upgraded. However the bearings are actually completely stock as they work very well. That car is surprisingly reliable. MotorTrend just tested one of our 1200hp models:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrgPi...layer_embedded
I don't doubt at some point that some components are going to show signs of weakness as we start to push this platform even farther. My guess (as with most stock cars) is the factory connecting rod. When a component does show that its not up to the task we will replace it with one that is.

Thanks again for all the kind words.
Eric,

What's the best way to contact you? I need to talk to you anyways as I'm thinking of getting an GTR anyways please pm me when you get a moment.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by xoy
Hi Eric, i know your company..

But theese numbers you are slinging out are also pretty crazy - how much is that on the crank- 950hp? Normally this car would "loose" around 150hp in the driveline. So if wheel power is 787 + the drive loss...

Im sorry for me being suspecious, but it must be pretty severe changes to many things to get this kind of power.

I would REALLY like to se the torque curve. - and still turbo cars or not, they are all so different brand to brand.
I would of loved to put a TQ curve up as I'm sure it would of been equally impressive. We just could not get a clean tach signal. This happens for us on big power GT-R's too. I can understand your sceptisim as we seemingly came out of nowhere with this but I would hope our 12 years of operating with the utmost level of professionalism and honesty that you can trust we NEVER release a number unless it's 100% accurate. In fact many of our advertised numbers are dialed back as we would rather under promise and over deliver to our customers.

I can say with absolute certainty the dyno number is posted is 100% accurate. Our reputation is on the line, why would we risk that especially in a market we are trying to break into?

Eric,

What's the best way to contact you? I need to talk to you anyways as I'm thinking of getting an GTR anyways please pm me when you get a moment.
I can be reached by phone at 630 549-8903 (direct line) or email eric@amsperformance.com. Call anytime

Eric
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'09 SL Black, '12 ML63, '13 SL63, '14 E63 Wagon, '14 458 Italia
Sounds amazing. I'd be interested in upgrades for my ML & SL - I know your reputation is stellar as well (Tal from Denver, now in San Diego is a friend), so looking forward to pricing / etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:19 PM

MB
I can understand your sceptisim as we seemingly came out of nowhere with this but I would hope our 12 years of operating with the utmost level of professionalism and honesty that you can trust we NEVER release a number unless it's 100% accurate.
I can't believe the amount of flack you guys are getting on here [MBWorld]

Those of us who know your company though are like It's just great to have such a respected tuner that has a passion for building crazy fast cars
Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by justthebest
Sounds amazing. I'd be interested in upgrades for my ML & SL - I know your reputation is stellar as well (Tal from Denver, now in San Diego is a friend), so looking forward to pricing / etc.
Tal is a great guy, love his GT-R and loved his old W211 just as much

Originally Posted by msheredy
I can't believe the amount of flack you guys are getting on here [MBWorld]

Those of us who know your company though are like It's just great to have such a respected tuner that has a passion for building crazy fast cars
Thank you sincerely, we understand we are still in terms of MB a relatively new kid on the block. We are ok with having to prove ourselves to those that are not as informed about us

Eric
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 Black Series
is there any updates?
and when it will hit the market?

can i put a deposit for ML63 Full turbo kit and the rest.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS/ALPHA Performance M157 Upgraded Turbos - 787WHP!