MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   All weather floor mats (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/516611-all-weather-floor-mats.html)

ace10 10-11-2013 10:25 PM

All weather floor mats

Has anyone found all weather/rubber floor mats for the E63? I see plenty of options for W212's without the dead pedal.

TheOtherEric 10-11-2013 10:31 PM

Best options I've seen are OEM winter mats or the Weathertech version of those, or the Weathertech digital fit mats, which come up on the sides for better coverage. I'm tired of the carpet sides getting messed up so I just bought a set of the Digital Fit mats. Very cool.

335X-ray 10-11-2013 11:14 PM

There is no E AMG specific all weather floor matts correct? Just the standard E class W212s?

ace10 10-12-2013 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 335X-ray (Post 5807641)
There is no E AMG specific all weather floor matts correct? Just the standard E class W212s?

That's the question. I haven't found anything suitable. From what I can see, the standard W212 mat does not have a cut out for the dead pedal.

ace10 10-16-2013 02:36 PM

I stopped by the dealer parts counter while I was in for the first service. Computer suggested using the standard W212 rubber floor mat. But, clearly it won't fit due to the dead pedal.

rhukster 10-16-2013 03:19 PM

Timely subject! i was looking into this today and the recommended floor mats as per the mbusa.com site for the E63 is:

http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/access...rtNo:BQ6680712

Basically its that part BQ6680712

It definitely looks like it has a bit there that would interfere with the dead-pedal, but could it just be cut off???

konigstiger 10-16-2013 03:22 PM

Check part BQ66880710 (black) shown in both versions - provide VIN to confirm

ace10 10-16-2013 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger (Post 5812390)

They're actually showing three different models in that AMZN picture. Soo confused.

Can anyone confirm if the pre-'14 E63 has the same dead pedal and location of the anti-slip hardware?

rhukster 10-17-2013 08:50 PM

When I went to pick up my car yesterday I spoke with the sales manager and they offered to throw in the appropriate all-weather mats. They are being shipped to my house, so when they arrive I guess we'll see which specific model they are, and if they do indeed fit.

335X-ray 10-17-2013 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by rhukster (Post 5813998)
When I went to pick up my car yesterday I spoke with the sales manager and they offered to throw in the appropriate all-weather mats. They are being shipped to my house, so when they arrive I guess we'll see which specific model they are, and if they do indeed fit.

Nice! Let us know which ones they are.

X

rhukster 10-21-2013 03:17 PM

As suspected the floor mats arrived, and they were the standard E-Class ones with the extra flap on the left where the AMG mats are cut out for the dead-pedal. I laid the AMG mats on top and they are exactly the same shape except that protruburance. 2 seconds with the stanley knife and i cut that bit off the new all-weather mat. Fits in just perfect now.

http://polydeon.com/monosnap/2013102...021_131438.jpg

rhukster 10-21-2013 03:21 PM

And here's a pictty of them installed:

http://polydeon.com/monosnap/2013102...021_132135.jpg

ace10 12-02-2013 04:14 PM

Anyone else found a suitable floor mat?

rhukster 12-02-2013 10:21 PM

The merc ones work fine. You can even leave the foot rest portion in place, it fitted fine with it in it's original form. I just prefer to see the chrome foot rest rather than the rubber bit :) Vanity I know!

335X-ray 12-03-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by rhukster (Post 5862675)
The merc ones work fine. You can even leave the foot rest portion in place, it fitted fine with it in it's original form. I just prefer to see the chrome foot rest rather than the rubber bit :) Vanity I know!

This is what I did. Just laid the little foot rest portion over the fancy chrome dead pedal. Keeps it "clean" :y

Like them so far.

X

AnotherSL 12-03-2013 03:19 PM

Strange, but my 2014 E63 S-Wagon does not have the aluminum & rubber dots dead pedal. Just the regular carpeting there.

The gas pedal, brake pedal, and parking brake are all alum. & rubber dots - just not the dead pedal. :confused:

Build date was October 2013.

Makes the Weather Tech mats fit perfectly, though.

otakki 12-03-2013 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherSL (Post 5863265)
Strange, but my 2014 E63 S-Wagon does not have the aluminum & rubber dots dead pedal. Just the regular carpeting there.

The gas pedal, brake pedal, and parking brake are all alum. & rubber dots - just not the dead pedal. :confused:

Build date was October 2013.

Makes the Weather Tech mats fit perfectly, though.

Just carpet on the dead pedal?!?! WTH! Don't tell me MB is cutting cost on things like that. Are you sure the factory didn't forget to put it in? Of course at the same time, you wouldn't regret the oem mat covering up the dead pedal area.

TheOtherEric 12-03-2013 11:45 PM

Yep, my 2014 wagon also has a carpeted dead pedal. What f**king bulls**t. I didn't even know sedans had his metal dead pedal until now.

AnotherSL 12-03-2013 11:53 PM

Wow! How do you really feel about that??

otakki 12-04-2013 06:18 PM

So is that also the case for all you folks with the pre-'14 E63 wagons--no metal dead pedal? Sometimes, I really wonder the rationale behind some of these weird decisions made by companies nowadays.

ace10 12-15-2013 04:58 PM

Ordered the MB floormats from Amazon. Linky pfound earlier in this thread. That seller is on the west coast. Took ten days to arrive here in DC area.

I used the good-weather floor mat as a template, and sliced the appendage off. The rubber is really, really, really soft and flimsy.

Wagon owners will probably be better served by the weathertech digitals.

2thdr 12-20-2013 08:16 PM

Pics to the Rescue

3 Attachment(s)
I just picked these up from the dealer. They are made by Weather Tech for Mercedes. I think they butt up nicely against the dead pedal. They have the floor snap connection.

6.3AMG 12-20-2013 08:21 PM

Those are really nice.

sikm3 12-20-2013 10:18 PM

I actually don't mind the W212 weather mat covering the dead pedal. Keeps it clean and my wet soles don't slip on the dead pedal. To each his own I guess.

OWLY 12-20-2013 11:24 PM

I was told there's a backorder on OEM floor mats in Canada…

I really like the Weather Tech ones above. I had them in my Porsche and they were awesome in the winter.

ace10 12-25-2013 09:36 AM

The standard W212 rubber floor mat is slippery. Like it's teflon-coated, or something.

Not sure these will be going back in next winter.

Mponsig 12-28-2013 12:19 PM

I just received my digifit weathertech mats. They are everything you would expect from weathertech. Usually the first thing I purchase for any new car I get.

On weathertech website you can't get the 2014 option yet but I ordered it from another website which DIRECTED me to the weathertech website where I completed my purchase..........very weird.

rhukster 12-28-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mponsig (Post 5888341)
I just received my digifit weathertech mats. They are everything you would expect from weathertech. Usually the first thing I purchase for any new car I get.

On weathertech website you can't get the 2014 option yet but I ordered it from another website which DIRECTED me to the weathertech website where I completed my purchase..........very weird.

Can you take some pictures? would love to see them installed. cheers.

Mponsig 12-28-2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by rhukster (Post 5888343)
Can you take some pictures? would love to see them installed. cheers.

No problem, Coming soon.

2thdr 12-29-2013 10:26 AM

If it helps, I posted pics of the WeatherTechs in the E63 on the first page of this thread.

OWLY 12-29-2013 11:17 AM

2th, which dealer? DM or Weber?

Mponsig 12-30-2013 10:37 AM

Here are pics of the digifits
Drivers side

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ig/image-8.jpg
Passenger side

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ig/image-4.jpg

Different view pass side

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ig/image-6.jpg

Rear seating

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...ig/image-5.jpg

Much different than the standard weathertechs, these things are more like basins than mats!

kart125 12-30-2013 08:55 PM

Mponsig, do you have the website from wich you ordered?

M5THIS 12-30-2013 10:27 PM

Hey guys,
Newbie not at the mat stage yet, can any one look up my post about E63 pricing and help out.
I'm in NYC area and looking for the NO BS dealer to order from with a good discount to go with that lol.

Best,

2thdr 12-31-2013 02:12 PM

Just stupid

Originally Posted by OWLY (Post 5889054)
2th, which dealer? DM or Weber?

Weber. But double check price, as I may have been quoted less from DMFC.

kart125 04-04-2014 05:14 PM

found a possible option... never heard of them.

http://www.3dbesttech.com/products

N979Q 04-07-2014 10:44 PM

Weathertech rocks. I have them in my C & E 63.

Andy

KCC455 12-30-2018 08:13 PM

Resurrecting old thread. Does anyone have feedback for the Weathertech floor liners front & rear for 14 E63S sedan vs. the MB OEM floor liners which I have heard are made by Weathertech? Just curious if one is better than the other? Thank you

Rehabguy 12-30-2018 10:42 PM

I can't say anything about the OE ones. I have the full set from weathertech and they are very nicely contoured to the lines of the floor and trunk. I love how the ONE for the rear covers the hump (driveshaft tunnel). These mats are the ones to have specially if you have kids... unless you are one of them people that gotta have everything OEM.

Bad Man 12-31-2018 12:50 PM

allenjdmb 12-31-2018 11:18 PM

Well, just to muddy up the water...

Those aren't mats. Those are liners. Different.

fever 01-01-2019 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Rehabguy (Post 7642053)
I can't say anything about the OE ones. I have the full set from weathertech and they are very nicely contoured to the lines of the floor and trunk. I love how the ONE for the rear covers the hump (driveshaft tunnel). These mats are the ones to have specially if you have kids... unless you are one of them people that gotta have everything OEM.

+1. I have the Weathertech in my wagon. It's solid.

KCC455 01-05-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Man (Post 7642363)
I'm very pleased with the TuxMat floor mats that I ordered using Amazon. They cover the dead-pedal, but fit really well and are more substantial looking than the Weathertech mats in my Son's car. We drive a Hammer wearing a Tuxedo, so I thought TuxMat would be appropriate for the car. :D

TuxMat Link:

https://www.tuxmat.ca/store/p274/mer...z-e-class.html

How does the TuxMat driver side fit with the 2 OEM MB carpet lugs / posts to hold the OEM mats? Does TuxMat have the OEM type clips on them? It does not look like you can remove the OEM carpet lugs / posts. I did not see any info. on TuxMat website or Amazon site (US). I like the look of these better than the more industrial plastic look of the WeatherTech floor liners, but I am concerned about the fit.
The WeatherTech Floor Liners ask about the mounting type & has 2 options. My 14 E63S sedan has 2 lugs / posts on the driver side and none on passenger side. Thank you

Bad Man 01-06-2019 12:50 AM

KCC455 01-06-2019 07:47 PM

Thank you very much for the recommendation & pics. I think I am going to buy TuxMat front & rear mats & 3D Maxpider trunk liner.

V-AMG 01-06-2019 09:27 PM

Those look fancy! I have the standard MB weather mats and they protect ok, though some side protection like the Tux ones would be nice.

Also, has anyone figured out how to prevent the rear rubber mats from sliding around? I’ll be working on this soon so ill update if i come up with a good solution. Rather useless as ANYONE who sits in the back immediately pushes them under the front seats.

Bad Man 01-06-2019 11:13 PM

FastWgn 01-07-2019 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ace10 (Post 5885870)
The standard W212 rubber floor mat is slippery. Like it's teflon-coated, or something.

Not sure these will be going back in next winter.

I have the OEM mats, happy with the fit and mine are natural rubber, no teflon coating - that's for sure!

BTW - I have a '16 and there is just carpet on the dead pedal - nothing nicer.

fever 01-08-2019 11:24 PM

I have the Weathertech and they are great but after looking at the Tux pics, dang, I think I missed out. Looks great.

Rehabguy 01-10-2019 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Man (Post 7646921)
The TuxMat just lays over the two drivers side posts. One of the raised areas on the TuxMat is located where the two drivers side posts are located and there is no interference. The TuxMat fits like a glove and is thicker
and not as flimsy as the Weathertech so there is no movement whatsoever. The TuxMat is more formal looking and I think it compliments the E63 interior better than the Weathertech.

Here are a few photos of my drivers side after 10k miles of driving use and a rainy day today:

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...78edc59679.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...595bbde540.jpg

What kinda material is this? The underside looks like carpet. Top side? Are those raised areas cushiony/soft?

Originally Posted by fever (Post 7649482)
I have the Weathertech and they are great but after looking at the Tux pics, dang, I think I missed out. Looks great.

Looks and likes are definitely subjective. The weathertechs fit is spot on, the driver's side mat attaches to the OE studs on the floor, also, no movement at all. Best of all, the raised borders on the weathertechs will catch a good amount of liquid should there be a spill... like, say, you dropped a bottle of water with the cap off. I don't think they are flimsy and you can hose them off when the get dirty. Perfect all weather mats IMO.

Bad Man 01-11-2019 05:42 PM

BlownV8 01-11-2019 09:15 PM

Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?

Rehabguy 01-12-2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bad Man (Post 7651801)
Lol, Someone sure likes their Weathertechs!

I'm not exactly sure what they are made of. You should be able to find that out on their website. The are non-permeable, but are pliable and thicker than the Weatertechs we have in my Son's car. The raised areas are firm with minimal give when pressed, but basically feel the same as the flat areas. Bottom side reminds me of the carpet in my car.

In an earlier post "allenjdmb" correctly pointed out that even though the name is TuxMat, they are liners like the Weathertech. So you could spill your bottle of water and it would be contained. I also think the sides might go up higher on the TuxMat since they meet the bottom of the center console on both sides, but have a cutout for the map net on the passenger side. The back side that sits in front of the seat doesn't have a high side that protrudes up like the Weathertech, but when they are installed it would contain water the way designed. If you were so inclined, you can hose these off also.

I don't have any type of stake in the company that sells TuxMat. I just like the non-utilitarian look of the TuxMat versus the Weathertech for my car. They dress up the interior while doing what they are designed to do very well. Some of the other liners I saw were really nice, but kind of jumped the shark for our interiors. The looked like they belonged more in a Ferrari or Lambo instead of an E63 and the price reflected same.

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 7651956)
Not a fan of the Weathertech's either. They don't seem to fit the nature of the car and look cheap compared to others on the market. The Weathertech's are very durable and well made but, again, to me they don't fit the character of an MB and meld better with a Chevy truck with full vinyl interior if that makes sense?

:rolf: Trust me, I get no kick backs from weathertech either! I wish! Anyhow, I sincerely didn't mean any hate nor did I mean to sound like I was bashing the ones you have. I totally get what you guys mean by the weathertechs not suiting the character of a E class (IMO only OEM floor mats would aesthetically do it for me); but, also, a lot of people would think that lowering and fitting wide wheels and tires on a E class would not complement the form nor function of this car... I am on that other end of the spectrum. I simply feel the "deep dish/ tray" design of the weathertechs are way more utilitarian, as you put it.
:y

Bad Man 01-12-2019 06:44 PM

:y:cheers:

KCC455 01-15-2019 09:46 PM

Thanks to the forum for solid recommendations. I recently got the TuxMat front & rear one piece mats & 3D Maxpider trunk liner. The TuxMat rear mat needed a little work to get the mats to go under the seat rail & ensure the mat stayed under the front seat when they are moved all the way back. I will keep an eye on those areas to ensure the mat does not get caught. So far I am very pleased with the TuxMat front & rear liners. I did not install the Retention Hook System that came with the TuxMat, which has a large pin that goes through the oem floor covering as I did not want to put a hole in this. I plan to cut off the pin and just use use plastic part to plug the hole on the drivers side TuxMat. I also have not yet installed the clips & velcro and even without them the TuxMats fit snug and don't move around.
The 3D Maxpider trunk liner is also very nice, fits well, looks nice, has nice surface texture that should reduce some sliding around of objects in the trunk and should offer good protection.

Bad Man 01-16-2019 09:34 AM

TuxMat must have changed their retention system design. At least I don’t recall on my 2014 E63 any hole or a pin that went through carpet. A couple small slip clips were included that could be placed anywhere as needed on TuxMat along trans tunnel, or door sill, but that’s about it on mine. I used one of the clips on drivers side trans tunnel.

The rear TuxMat fits my car like a glove and there is no movement, or interference with front seat movement.

Good to hear you like them so far. Mine have held up well.

Darth_Katarina 01-18-2024 01:15 PM

Back from the dead bump, but I figured it’s a 2 for 1.

Does the W212 E63 S come with a dead pedal?? It’s new to me and mine is absent. It even looks like there may be a hole in the carpet (where there was one). If yes, is there a part number? I get a bunch of weird after-market looking result when I Google it.

And, how did the TuxMat hold up? Seeing as this is 5 years old. I’ve put WeatherTech in all my cars, but it looks pretty cool!

Faast 01-19-2024 07:10 PM

I have weathertechs and I am fairly pleased with them but then again, I never drive it in any inclement weather so I might just replace them with the OEM one's LOL

Rehabguy 01-19-2024 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Darth_Katarina (Post 8909580)

Does the W212 E63 S come with a dead pedal?? It’s new to me and mine is absent. It even looks like there may be a hole in the carpet (where there was one). If yes, is there a part number? I get a bunch of weird after-market looking result when I Google it.

And, how did the TuxMat hold up? Seeing as this is 5 years old. I’ve put WeatherTech in all my cars, but it looks pretty cool!

https://live.staticflickr.com/8504/8...5428cf89_b.jpg

Does come with dead pedal.

JettaRed 01-20-2024 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 7651956)

Interesting. I have genuine Mercedes all-weather floormats and they look just like WeatherTech, but with the Mercedes emblem.

BlownV8 01-21-2024 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by JettaRed (Post 8910625)
Interesting. I have genuine Mercedes all-weather floormats and they look just like WeatherTech, but with the Mercedes emblem.

They are the same. Just because MB made a marketing deal with a third-party company so they can sell an overpriced version doesn't necessarily make it the best product. Just means they make more money.

Weathertech's do not go high enough so you have mud and debris that get's behind the mat unless you have kid size feet. That and they look cheap. I had them too before better products were released.

JettaRed 01-21-2024 11:38 AM

Actually, I think the street price for WeatherTech and Mercedes are close to the same. I think there may be confusion between a Floor Liner and All-Weather Floor Mats. My Mercedes rubber mats are like the WeatherTech all-weather mats, not liners. I like 'em, but I don't drive an SUV. I have a 2000 Ford F150 with a quarter million miles for hauling crap.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e87a6e6316.png
Floor Liner
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bd7c1a97b3.png
All-Weather Floor Mat

BlownV8 01-21-2024 02:52 PM

So, yeah, the all-weather floor mats do not offer protection on the sides but do go higher in the back. The MAXpider 3d not only look much better, not like something you would put in an Ford Econoline van, and offer more protection than the weather tech product. The MAXpider for the GL/GLS/GLE are really great and go over the door threshold so you stop the migration of the dirt and keep the threshold from getting scratched. Again, former Weathertech fan, still have them in my garage, but not in my vehicles. There a better looking and better performing products than Weathertech.

kenneyd 01-21-2024 04:49 PM

Mine came with these 3d brand ones. they fit great, look better than the weathertechs.
I don't use them tho, if anyone wants them, I'll sell them

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fa12105896.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...95237dcc76.jpg

JettaRed 01-21-2024 05:35 PM

It appears 3D doesn't make mats for either my SL or C-Class.

Darth_Katarina 01-22-2024 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kenneyd (Post 8911248)
Mine came with these 3d brand ones. they fit great, look better than the weathertechs.
I don't use them tho, if anyone wants them, I'll sell them

I know I can order off Amazon, but I feel like I want to get them from a famous YouTube guy. :bow:

It also looks like most choices cover up a big portion of the dead pedal area, so my missing dead pedal will bother me less.

kenneyd 01-22-2024 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Darth_Katarina (Post 8911811)
I know I can order off Amazon, but I feel like I want to get them from a famous YouTube guy. :bow:

It also looks like most choices cover up a big portion of the dead pedal area, so my missing dead pedal will bother me less.

Haha, famous lol
Well, mojo already bought them

KCC455 02-03-2024 10:14 AM

TuxMats review after 5 & 4 years on 2 vehicles

Originally Posted by Darth_Katarina (Post 8909580)

I am very happy with how the TuxMats held up and they have more coverage on the sides, front, back of the floormats than WeatherTech, 3D Maxpider, Husky and OEM floormats. You have to spend more time installing them with the clips, double sided velcro to get a secure tight fit against the floor of the car, center console, sill plates and due to that you may Not want to take them in and out frequently. For the E63 I spent some time ensuring the front & back TuxMats were tight against the floor in the area of the seat tracks to ensure the seat tracks don't scratch / gouge the TuxMat when moved forward & backward to furthest points. When I first installed them, I did Not do this for the passenger side front TuxMat and when I moved the seat all the way forward to install the rear TuxMats the seat track scratched through the first layer of TuxMat material. At the time I thought it was a defective mat and contacted TuxMat and they sent me a new front passenger mat for free. I liked the TuxMats so much, I bought a full set for my son's 15 Mazda 6 (almost 4 years old) and my Mom bought a full set for her 2021 Honda Accord sedan. I did not have this seat track clearance issue with the Mazda 6 or Honda Accord. If you take time to do the install and ensure the TuxMat is installed securely, I think they are Excellent. For cleaning, I vacuum, use a rag and some type of mild spray cleaner, like green to clean and wipe them down. If I was installing them in a Jeep or vehicle that I wanted to hose the mats off or take them out every week, then I would get something different. My wife was not crazy about the look of the TuxMats so she has Weathertech HP Floorliners for all 3 rows and likes them, but they don't look as nice and have less coverage and protection. The WeatherTech HP Floorliners are significantly nicer (more pliable) than the older plain Floorliners (plastic like) and are my 2nd choice for full coverage floormats and I like they are made in U.S. I have the 3D Maxpider trunk mat for the E63 as TuxMat did not offer a trunk mat and I like that. I have No affiliation and Don't receive any free products or any other kickbacks from TuxMat.

E55 KEV 02-04-2024 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by JettaRed (Post 8911096)
Actually, I think the street price for WeatherTech and Mercedes are close to the same. I think there may be confusion between a Floor Liner and All-Weather Floor Mats. My Mercedes rubber mats are like the WeatherTech all-weather mats, not liners. I like 'em, but I don't drive an SUV. I have a 2000 Ford F150 with a quarter million miles for hauling crap.

Floor Liner
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...bd7c1a97b3.png
All-Weather Floor Mat

I'd get the WeatherTech mats and cut off the Dead Pedal part. Amazon and WeatherTech both $124.95 plus tax. (WeatheTech.com is $109.95 plus $15 shipping plus tax)

devonkyle77 02-13-2024 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by rhukster (Post 5817560)
As suspected the floor mats arrived, and they were the standard E-Class ones with the extra flap on the left where the AMG mats are cut out for the dead-pedal. I laid the AMG mats on top and they are exactly the same shape except that protruburance. 2 seconds with the stanley knife and i cut that bit off the new all-weather mat. Fits in just perfect now.

http://polydeon.com/monosnap/2013102...021_131438.jpg

I did the same thing, works great