MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   2013 E63 Biturbo Dyno Results at EAS (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/534522-2013-e63-biturbo-dyno-results-eas.html)

xtyper 03-15-2014 01:12 PM

2013 E63 Biturbo Dyno Results at EAS

2 Attachment(s)
Having given my new RADO downpipes and updated Renntech Intermediate tune some time to settle in, I headed down to European Auto Source (EAS) in Anaheim for a dyno session. In typical fashion, Steve, Tom, and crew took great care of me, even offering to weigh my car after mentioning I was curious about it. These guys are great to deal with, and although historically they've been mostly BMW focused, I heard they are getting into the Mercedes platform. Very exciting to add another quality shop to the list.

Now, on to the results...

Car: 2013 E63 AMG Non-PP
Modifications: BMC Air Filters, Renntech Intermediate Tune, RADO catless downpipes
Fuel: 95 octane mix via blend of Chevron 91 and VP Racing 100
Ambient Conditions: 80 deg F, 30.1 Baro, 20% Humidity
Dyno Type: Dynojet 224
Peak Results (5th gear): 630whp & 735wtq SAE
Weight: 4,241 lbs unladen with 1/2 tank fuel

Overall I am very satisfied with the results given the limited mods. The downpipes finally gave the car a sound to match the power output. Much thanks to Renntech for turning around the updated tune so quickly, which is clearly spot on as shown by the curves and rock solid AFR.

Next up, No Fly Zone 4 airstrip event on March 29. Can't wait!!!

vdubpower 03-15-2014 01:58 PM

nice results....eas is great....what was the number before the pipes

any videos

xtyper 03-15-2014 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by vdubpower (Post 5974734)
nice results....eas is great....what was the number before the pipes

any videos

Best peak numbers last time before the pipes were slightly lower at 624/729 SAE. But the catless pipes seem to allow for quicker spool and a bit more power held to redline.

And yes, have some pics and video that I will add shortly.

m0v30v3r 03-15-2014 04:43 PM

You really need Weistec front pipes to gain more power, surprised you didn't go that route. I pulled the trigger the other day and will be doing more dynos soon.

xtyper 03-15-2014 04:51 PM

I wanted to see what these did first before spending the extra money and labor time on the Weistec version. Anxious to see your results, because if they are impressive, I might try them too. Please try to use the same dyno location to verify gains from the pipes.

ced357 03-15-2014 05:45 PM

I too am very interested in seeing how all these pipes stack up on the dyno. Do you notice any difference in feel with the pipes? Better spool up etc.

vdubpower 03-15-2014 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the weistec true downpipes are really impressive...i dont know power wise alone, but just looking at the pictures of what they designed and what mercedes put in the car...its like what the F amg....

plus would be curious how the numbers differ with just 91

viren.89 03-16-2014 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by vdubpower (Post 5974974)
the weistec true downpipes are really impressive...i dont know power wise alone, but just looking at the pictures of what they designed and what mercedes put in the car...its like what the F amg....

lol there must be a reason why they use, what they use.

I'd like to know what sort of mental process they are going through when they

designed that lol just for curiousity sake :zoom:

vdubpower 03-16-2014 11:28 PM

might have to do with making a one size fits all classes thing, dunno if these are the same for S, CL, SL's etc

or even the DPs on the m278 engines

efiftyfizzle 03-17-2014 09:47 AM

They design them restrictive for a reason... they don't want the AMG to have too much of a power upgrade from the previous version or else that level of improvement will be held to them for the next model. It also allows them to explore with "performance packages" and "S models" which all they would have to do is have different downpipes or a simple tune for "improved performance".

vdubpower 03-17-2014 10:10 AM

Pp is just a simple tune.

viren.89 03-17-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by vdubpower (Post 5976166)
Pp is just a simple tune.

PP is just a tune? doesn't include LSD or anything else at all?

So they just tune the car and change the color of the calipers ?

Man o man I really thought it was a bit more than that.

How much does the PP cost anyways on the 14 ? I mean if the tunes range anywhere from 1600 and up , I wonder if it's worth to get the PP ?

Only thing is that AMG tuning (PP) would not void warranty but getting a tune

after could void warranty.

dr. ss 03-17-2014 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by viren.89 (Post 5976271)
PP is just a tune? doesn't include LSD or anything else at all?

So they just tune the car and change the color of the calipers ?

Man o man I really thought it was a bit more than that.

How much does the PP cost anyways on the 14 ? I mean if the tunes range anywhere from 1600 and up , I wonder if it's worth to get the PP ?

Only thing is that AMG tuning (PP) would not void warranty but getting a tune

after could void warranty.

PP on the 14 is "s" model its a different tune, red calipers, LSD in rear, and amg embossed on head rests, and extra cooling, with an extra radiator? heat exchanger? in left front of car that non s doesnt have

xtyper 03-17-2014 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by vdubpower (Post 5974974)

Yes, the pictures are surprising, but I'm still skeptical that swapping the turbo outlet pipes has any material impact on power. Reason being, even though they are crushed and have an awkward shape, they probably flow only marginally less volume than an aftermarket upgrade and are not as big of a restriction on stock turbos as one might think. So until I see any independent before and after results verifying real gains, I think i'm gonna leave the exhaust alone and focus on other power mods.

Staff@WORLD 03-17-2014 03:14 PM

XTYPER, thanks for posting the dyno video, the car sounds great. I hope you're enjoying it.

xtyper 03-17-2014 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD (Post 5976507)
XTYPER, thanks for posting the dyno video, the car sounds great. I hope you're enjoying it.

For the price I think the pipes were well worth it. Thanks for the quality product. And yes, most of all I'm enjoying the new macho sound. :)

vdubpower 03-17-2014 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by xtyper (Post 5976472)
Yes, the pictures are surprising, but I'm still skeptical that swapping these outlet pipes has any material impact on power. Reason being, even though they are crushed and have an awkward shape, they probably only flow marginally less volume than an aftermarket upgrade and are not as big of a restriction on stock turbos as one might think. So until I see any independent before and after results verifying real gains, I think i'm gonna leave the exhaust alone and focus on other power mods.

i agree, before and after numbers independent of any other mods is the best way to judge...

what other power mods are u looking at....what else is left....upgraded turbos, NOS, boreing out to a 6.0 monster

xtyper 03-17-2014 04:10 PM

Next logical step would be buying a second ECU for a dedicated race fuel tune. That or an intake system that a couple vendors have mentioned producing, but haven't seen anything released yet.

vdubpower 03-17-2014 05:16 PM

yeah i dont make enough money for the fun u are having

AMG E Power 03-17-2014 08:55 PM

have u considered doing a trunk tank with a pump built in and wired to the key ? ? The extra 5 gallons alone is well worth IMO plus when u are doing your roll race events u can keep stuffing it will ice and keep draining after each run :zoom::y

ced357 04-25-2014 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by m0v30v3r (Post 5974842)
You really need Weistec front pipes to gain more power, surprised you didn't go that route. I pulled the trigger the other day and will be doing more dynos soon.

Did you ever install the Weistec pipes?

xtyper 04-25-2014 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ced357 (Post 6021537)
Did you ever install the Weistec pipes?

Not yet. Pretty happy with the way my car is running right now, and hard to justify the additonal cost and effort of switching given the marginal gains I'd likely see over my current pipes.