Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,167 Likes on 1,523 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Periodic heavy steering

Noticed this occasionally since day 1:

When quickly rotating the wheel to maneuver in parking lot ... Nearly lock to lock the steering feels a bit heavy initially like it wasn't powered and then becomes smooth. Also on cold starts when turning from center to left or right lock to get out of the driveway it's very heavy at the endpoints of rotation. I also notice this when coming out if Eco stop and the engine starts right up and when I turn it's initially heavy

I don't recall the e550s doing this... Any thoughts?
Old 07-17-2014, 03:27 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
... Any thoughts?

Yes.

You are have a wicked case of auto hypochondria.

Half joking. Half serious.

I've never seen someone start so many threads on a forum about so many little things. I get that you've reported some previous issues with other cars, but maybe you're just expecting an incredibly complex machine to run in such a way that it is simply not possible.

I dunno. I guess I could have just not said anything, but it's painfully obvious that you are hyper, hyper, hyper sensitive about your car.

$0.02
Old 07-18-2014, 03:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Thanks for your incredibly helpful post, nice to know I can seek feedback from other owners

For your sake I'll stick to posting threads on turning my Benz into a 6 second 1/4 mile car and posting about what rims I wanna get next ... Those threads seem to be better received.

Last edited by PeterUbers; 07-18-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
Ok, so you can't accept an observation from another owner. That's fine.

But I'd hate to be so freaked out by every tiny little thing I perceive to an "issue" with my car to the extent that I seemingly could not enjoy it and use it.

Do what you want with your car. You want to turn into a dragster, fine. You wanna obsess over some noise you hear, that's fine too. I guess.

But nobody has three bad cars in a row. It's impossible.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by ace10
Ok, so you can't accept an observation from another owner. That's fine.

But I'd hate to be so freaked out by every tiny little thing I perceive to an "issue" with my car to the extent that I seemingly could not enjoy it and use it.

Do what you want with your car. You want to turn into a dragster, fine. You wanna obsess over some noise you hear, that's fine too. I guess.

But nobody has three bad cars in a row. It's impossible.
LOL! Thanks, that made me laugh --

It's strange -- your perception is that I'm 'freaked out' by every tiny little thing, I'm not freaked out by anything, seems you're more freaked out than anyone by my threads -- all I posted was if anyone had any experience with something I have experienced in my car. It's not a "bad" car like my previous two had real transmission issues.

Have you heard of two buybacks in a row by benz for "tiny little things?" They self admitted I had two defective transmissions, are they in the business of just handing out E550's now? -- sorry that's hard for you to grasp. I had my crankshaft sensor replaced under warranty at 300 miles on this E63, faulty from the manufacturer I guess. Sorry that seems to really get under your skin. Enough to make you post this type of information and feedback rather than essentially addressing the issue. Most everyone just blew by the thread but you took the time to give this feedback and no one else seems to care.

I'm actually very thrilled about this car -- rather, I was curious to know what is normal working behavior for this car and get some feedback, I usually have a list of a couple things I mention to the dealer each oil change to look at. Please speak for everyone and let me know if this is the type of forum where I can seek opinions and feedback on the operational manners of this car, or is that not tolerated on this board? I'm sure everyone will respect your decision.

Thanks again!

Last edited by PeterUbers; 07-18-2014 at 11:21 AM.