MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   On order: '15 E63 S Sedan (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/550026-order-15-e63-s-sedan.html)

SilveRT8 08-01-2014 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dealer just called to mention that for 2015 there are 2 Designo color choice for the 2 tone white interior : Either Porcelain or Platinum White. From the pics he send me Porcelain has a little beige tint in it and Platinum seems to have a silver tint.
I want the one that's more like pure white, like this pic, anybody knows ?

ace10 08-01-2014 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by SilveRT8 (Post 6122884)
Dealer just called to mention that for 2015 there are 2 Designo color choice for the 2 tone white interior : Either Porcelain or Platinum White. From the pics he send me Porcelain has a little beige tint in it and Platinum seems to have a silver tint.

The 2015 DOG only shows designo Platinum white as a color option... nothing regarding Porcelain.

Google images has plenty of pics of both colors. Platinum looks very harsh. Porcelain is a much richer and more inviting color to me.

$0.02

cnolke 08-02-2014 12:47 AM

Those of us with kids just winced ;)

xxGenericSNxx 08-02-2014 02:25 AM

I think for the E we only get Platinum. I've only seen Porcelain in person (on an S) and yes it is slightly more beige. Never seen Platinum in person though.

kart125 08-03-2014 06:13 AM

That will be a nice E63 Rolling arround Montréal! Congrats...

SilveRT8 08-03-2014 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by kart125 (Post 6124331)
That will be a nice E63 Rolling arround Montréal! Congrats...

Yes, it will get noticed, just like the nice Palladium E63 S Wagon that rolled down Atwater st towards the old Forum early last week !! With gold calipers!

kart125 08-03-2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by SilveRT8 (Post 6124485)
Yes, it will get noticed, just like the nice Palladium E63 S Wagon that rolled down Atwater st towards the old Forum early last week !! With gold calipers!

wasn't me! I will have some legs to break to be the only one arround then...

SilveRT8 08-03-2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by kart125 (Post 6124792)
wasn't me! I will have some legs to break to be the only one arround then...

Then it must be the guy that owns a Tuning shop and runs the Renntech tune w/downpipes.
Dont break his legs yet, we may need him for our Tunes !

kart125 08-03-2014 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by SilveRT8 (Post 6124948)
Then it must be the guy that owns a Tuning shop and runs the Renntech tune w/downpipes.
Dont break his legs yet, we may need him for our Tunes !

OK goons are called off... Is he the guy from "car toys" you were talking about last week?

SilveRT8 08-03-2014 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by kart125 (Post 6124970)
OK goons are called off... Is he the guy from "car toys" you were talking about last week?

Most probably, as my Dealer told me they had sold him a Palladium 63 Wagon. You should stop by and see your car's twin

BrabusNYC 08-06-2014 04:43 PM

Nice Color Combo!

SilveRT8 08-13-2014 06:27 PM

Stopped by the Dealer today and was told that my car is now scheduled to be built first week of Sept. He said to expect the car to arrive at the Montreal dealer about 8 weeks later, wich should be early Novembre.
For those who have been through all this, does this look right ?

jordanfox 08-13-2014 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by SilveRT8 (Post 6134923)
Stopped by the Dealer today and was told that my car is now scheduled to be built first week of Sept. He said to expect the car to arrive at the Montreal dealer about 8 weeks later, wich should be early Novembre.

since you have designo interior, I was told there is a max 2 months extra time during production, but usually it takes much less than that (Mine only has Designo piano trim, nothing else, it took an extra month to complete production). I would say mid-late November is a safer estimate.

ucla95 08-13-2014 08:25 PM

Mine's on the exact same schedule. I think you may see it late October.

trussbiz 08-13-2014 09:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I also ordered. It took 6 months. This is Designo Cashmere White with the Night Styling. I have had the car now for 4 months. The biggest compliment I get is the paint. The most common question is "Is it a wrap" no it is factory paint.

BrabusNYC 08-13-2014 10:26 PM

Once the built starts i would say 4-6 weeks from then. They are probably telling you 8 weeks so when it comes in early they look good.

kart125 08-13-2014 10:31 PM

expect 5-6 weeks...

mine was built june 10th
got on boat june 24th
got to Halifax july 8th
got to dealer july 15th

Having done this twice with designo interior colors, add 4-6 weeks from the original date the system shows. First build date was november 19th and actual build date was january 15th. Second build date was may 10th...

Ask for "rush" delivery from Halifax. Mine took a week flat to make it to Laval...

xxGenericSNxx 08-13-2014 11:17 PM

For my US spec designo paint + upholstery + trim I've currently got a first decade September build with no specific date yet. Does that mean add my 6-8 weeks on top of the September build which would mean my car will be finished mid to late October? Then add time from there to get over to my dealer... So a rough guesstimate, presuming no delays, will be a what delivery? December?

jordanfox 08-14-2014 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx (Post 6135180)
For my US spec designo paint + upholstery + trim I've currently got a first decade September build with no specific date yet. Does that mean add my 6-8 weeks on top of the September build which would mean my car will be finished mid to late October? Then add time from there to get over to my dealer... So a rough guesstimate, presuming no delays, will be a what delivery? December?

Highly likely your car will complete production by mid Oct, which means early or mid Dec delivery if you are in west coast.
My original build date is 11/June, pushed to 10/July due to Designo trim option.

BTW nice to meet you at instagram the other day:y

kart125 08-14-2014 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by jordanfox (Post 6135311)
Highly likely your car will complete production by mid Oct, which means early or mid Dec delivery if you are in west coast.
My original build date is 11/June, pushed to 10/July due to Designo trim option.

BTW nice to meet you at instagram the other day:y

Sounds correct. I dont know why such a big company cant take into account in the production planning the fact that a car has designo (or other options) when giving a build date. Pretty simple math it seems...

SilveRT8 08-14-2014 08:56 AM

Fingers crossed for a Nov delivery, or Dec or Jan !

xxGenericSNxx 08-14-2014 06:05 PM

Thanks for the estimate guys- and nice to meet you on instagram as well Jordanfox. Dealer for some reason was conservatively guesstimating November but I'll hold my breath more for December.

SilveRT8 11-23-2014 11:19 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Woohoo ! She came in an I took delivery late pm friday.
Ho what a feeling, sure feels planted on the road, rides like a charm and the white on white combo fills my expectations for a classy look. 200 KM on snow and 25-30*F and not a squeak from the CCB yet. Exhaust note is fine but I'll want a little more, this car has soul especially in manual mode. Got a go and drive some more!

sdg1871 11-23-2014 12:28 PM

Car looks fantastic! Congrats!

sdg1871 11-23-2014 12:37 PM

For the life of me I cannot understand how those beautiful forged wheels are not standard on a car at this price point. I just don't think the stock 10 spoke wheels look all that good for a car this expensive.

I consoled myself with a set of HREs for the non-winter seasons but probably would've just rolled with the stock forged wheels if they had been available at all which they weren't.

The CCB look absolutely amazing on your car and the reports Now coming in that people are not hearing squeaking in cold months make me regret not getting them.