Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2015, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
OE renntech pics
Attached Thumbnails Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-img_8084_zpsfea3c5f5.jpg   Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-img_8081_zps762ed442.jpg   Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-img_8074_zpsc7ba901a.jpg   Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-img_4225_zpsa16327a5.jpg   Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-w212_e63_rear_diffusers_sedan_002_small_zps188a458d.jpg  

Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip-w212_e63_rear_diffusers_sedan_003_small_zps03bee2c9.jpg  
Old 05-03-2015, 11:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2012 E63
Originally Posted by vdubpower
[/URL]
Love the front lip! My next mod after the diffuser
Old 05-04-2015, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thats the brabus
Old 05-04-2015, 02:17 PM
SPONSOR

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
C190 GT C
I have already gone ahead and placed the order with my supplier for the first diffusers. I have 8 pieces arriving in 2 weeks, 6 are already spoke for currently. If you would like one of the remaining 2 please PM me.

Installed pics coming this week on David's E63.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:23 PM

2012 E63
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
6 are already spoke for currently.
Hope am one of the 6!
Old 05-04-2015, 02:26 PM
SPONSOR

C190 GT C
Originally Posted by sbtm
Hope am one of the 6!
You are sir
Old 05-07-2015, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e55 amg, turbo civic, turbo sc300, gsx-r 750
Any word on the front lip?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 PM
SPONSOR

C190 GT C
Alittle update for you guys:

I provided David (Davidkuo0330) the first diffuser piece that arrived for 50% off the original price in order to get pictures and have it professionally installed. David choose to install it himself against my recommendations. I had even set up a professional installation for David the day he picked up the diffuser, which was later cancelled because David felt he could install the diffuser himself. After doing so, the diffuser showed a small gap at the top which can be seen below. This can easily be remedied with small 3M tape spacer below the tabs (the real renntech diffuser uses the same method). David was not happy with this and insisted my company now pay for the professional installation that I had originally given 50% off the original purchase price to have done.

I asked David to return the diffuser for a 100% refund, which he refused. I provided detail pictures of the installation process and what needed to be done to fix the small gap (which included taking off the rear bumper) however David would not accept any of these fixes unless my company footed the bill for the installation.

Today, David took it upon himself to take this fitment issue to Renntech. He advised my company was producing these diffusers (which we are not).

David advised me Renntech offered him a genuine diffuser in exchange for the renntech style diffuser and to rat out the company/manufacturer that was producing the piece. David decided to take this offer.

Because of this, the Renntech style diffuser and front lip will not ever be available though us. If you have an issue with this you may take it up with DavidKuo0330.

I do apologize to all the customers who had plans to put this diffuser on their E63. We will no longer produce any new items for the W212 community due to this unfortunate situation.

Last edited by RW Carbon; 05-08-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Originally Posted by RW Carbon
Alittle update for you guys:

I provided David (Davidkuo0330) the first diffuser piece that arrived for 50% off the original price in order to get pictures and have it professionally installed. David choose to install it himself against my recommendations. I had even set up a professional installation for David the day he picked up the diffuser, which was later cancelled because David felt he could install the diffuser himself. After doing so, the diffuser showed a small gap at the top which can be seen below. This can easily be remedied with small 3M tape spacer below the tabs (the real renntech diffuser uses the same method). David was not happy with this and insisted my company now pay for the professional installation that I had originally given 50% off the original purchase price to have done.

I asked David to return the diffuser for a 100% refund, which he refused. I provided detail pictures of the installation process and what needed to be done to fix the small gap (which included taking off the rear bumper) however David would not accept any of these fixes unless my company footed the bill for the installation.

Today, David took it upon himself to take this fitment issue to Renntech. He advised my company was producing these diffusers (which we are not).

David advised me Renntech offered him a genuine diffuser in exchange for the renntech style diffuser and to rat out the company/manufacturer that was producing the piece. David decided to take this offer.

Because of this, the Renntech style diffuser and front lip will not ever be available though us. If you have an issue with this you may take it up with DavidKuo0330.

I do apologize to all the customers who had plans to put this diffuser on their E63. We will no longer produce any new items for the W212 community due to this unfortunate situation.
Calling you on your BS.

I'm am done with this channel of communication.

First you promise 100% fitment. Then when the gap issue arises, you tell me your manufacture says we need to remove the bumper to drill hold on the taps into the inside of the inner bumper. Then you tell me 3M double side tape will close the gap which it wouldn't and you feel your a victim.

I will send the diffuser to Renntech next week and get one that is authentic that is fitment guarantee and install by Renntech.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2015, at 7:01 PM, RWCarbon Customer Service <info@rwcarbon.com> wrote:

David,

As I have already shown Faiz on the genuine renntech there are 3M tape spacers below the tabs that push the diffuser up to close the gap.

Please do send the diffuser to renntech and advise you got it from us. I am not scared of the legal ramifications of this, because no companies in the industry patent their products. However, I am at a loss for words regarding this betrayal. I gave you a diffuser at an unbelievable price and you go behind our backs and rat on us to the Renntech. I want the diffuser back Monday morning and I will give you your money back in full.

Thank you for making me regret extending this great offer to you.

Matt

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 6:36 PM, David Kuo <davidkuo0330@yahoo.com> wrote:
Ok. So I been on the phone with Renntech in FL. all day today asking about if they have had fitment issues per my photos after our install and they said they never heard of any fitment issues as what I encounter.

They ask me to return it to their dealer to see what was wrong with my install. Had to tell them it was not a Renntech authentic diffuser so they put me into touch with their manager and he was very eager to learn how I got a knockoff version of their diffuser.

The guy I spoke to said if I can remove this diffuser and send it to them and provide where I got my Renntech style diffuser. They would provide a authentic Renntech diffuser and pay for the install at their dealer.

I am assuming their diffuser are patented and they are going to go after the manufacture and its distributors.

Just a heads up.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

David Kuo

On May 7, 2015, at 3:41 PM, RWCarbon Customer Service <info@rwcarbon.com> wrote:

David,

Backing my products does not mean I pay for my customers installs. If you are not happy with your purchase please bring back the diffuser for a full refund.

You could have easily used a portion of the large discount I provided to you to have the diffuser professionally installed like was always recommended. I am sorry that I am not qualified to provide the installation service for you.

Matt

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:37 PM, David Kuo <davidkuo0330@yahoo.com> wrote:
Matt,

It's your company and I sure am not the person to tell you how to run your business.

I'll just post our email communication and photos of the actual install and let our AMG forum members decided if they want to continue their business with someone that don't back their product.

Good Luck with your future endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2015, at 3:26 PM, RWCarbon Customer Service <info@rwcarbon.com> wrote:

David you have two options:

1. Get it professionally installed
2. Remove it and return it for a 100% refund.

In all honesty the the gap is very minimal and looks as if it can only be seen when down on the ground level. If it was me I would leave the diffuser as is and place a piece of 3M tape inside the gap carefully and pull up. I bet it would hold it up at the points where you can see through.

Again I have attached an image of a real renntech E63 diffuser that also shows this gap, albeit actually larger than the one on your car.

Matt

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 3:08 PM, David Kuo <davidkuo0330@yahoo.com> wrote:
Matt,

First and foremost, I'm not asking you to loose money. But it is the responsibility of the factory to guarantee fitment and quality or what is the use for you to place additional orders if your factory don't guarantee their products. The factory should have communicated with you upon first piece was made and installed what was the difference from the Renntech diffuser upon install on their test car. From my business concept, if you let the factory slid on something they obviously didn't mentioned before shipment, they the factory will think their mistake should be the responsibility of YOUR customers.

Let me ask you this way. If the factory would have told you BEFORE you started to sell the diffuser. Would you have mentioned to buyers or members on the forum you must take the bumper off to install properly. The factory is liable for their mistakes and not the customer because that is simply not how business is ran for the long term. If you were not a distribution, but rather a customer. Wouldn't you expect fitment according to the original diffuser you duplicated according to the installation method or otherwise state how it was to be installed properly before purchase.

If the factory is asking YOUR customer to eat it for their mistake, then you should be looking for an alternative factory to produce your product.

If you know your diffuser as the business your in. You should know the original diffuser we had to remove and the 2 ends are held up using rivets that can only be removed by drilling a hole through the rivets so now I can't even put of OE diffuser back unless I take it to a shop and ask them somehow to put it back how it was in which someone has to pay other than me as you would expect if you where in my position.

As being in the furniture manufacturing business in China for the last 20 years. I can assure you my customers always makes us, the factory eat anything that was not you, the distributor or end customers mistakes.

Please forward this email to your factory and let's cancel our meeting today until we hear back from your factory how they want to move forward with this before I take a course of action that will protect my interest.

Thank You.

David

Sent from my iPhone

On May 7, 2015, at 12:57 PM, RWCarbon Customer Service <info@rwcarbon.com> wrote:

David,

I cannot cover the professional installation costs simply because I did not provide you with 100% accurate installation instructions. I urged you from the get go to please have it professionally installed. I did not know this would be required on this diffuser, however screws through the tabs are a very common installation method on other diffusers. It is not fair to me or my company to basically give you a free diffuser (after I pay installation costs) because of this oversight.

For other members I will put professional installation is absolutely required.

I think it would be best for both of us if you just uninstalled the diffuser and brought it back for a full refund. I have already spent much longer than I anticipated to get this first piece installed and pictured. At this point I will just locate another test car willing to have it professionally installed.

Matt

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:25 PM, David Kuo <davidkuo0330@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Matt,

I can't speak for the CLS install from your factory, but I can tell you if you told me I would need to have a professional shop to remove the bumper and secure with screws from the tap to the inside of my bumper, I assure you that there would definitely be second thoughts about the purchase.

As you can see from the Renntech installation sheet. There makes no mention of removing the bumper to secure the middle taps into the bumper on the inside which makes me to believe the taps on the original Renntech taps just pops into the OE tap holder therefore no need to remove the bumper as stated.

Once you have seen it in person, you'll be able to see your self the issue with the gap is due to the taps on the middle diffuser doesn't fit into the tap holder like to OE diffuser or the Renntech diffuser that fits snuggly into the OE tap holder thus eliminating need to add screws into the inner bumper.

I'm sure if members when installing your diffuser as is. They will be asking the same questions.

Now that the diffuser I purchase from you is installed and screws had already been drilled. My only solution is that you pay the shop you recommended to remove the bumper on my car as your vendor mentioned providing it doesn't damage my bumper and secure it with screws so the gap is eliminated.

It is up to you, but please understand that the way it looks is not something I would have agreed to before purchase. Thanks.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

David Kuo
Old 05-08-2015, 11:28 PM
SPONSOR

C190 GT C
Thank you for posting these messages. Members please read these and decide for yourself.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts
W212 - E63 AMG
Wow......just wow...

A tad harsh, considering that RW was willing to give a refund and offer fitting.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 ML63 Biturbo
I'm shocked, genuinely WTF

If you wanted 100% fitment then you should have gone Renntech in the first place.

I've had a few diiffusers from here and they've all needed some slight adjustment.

I got no words to explain the situation. If you weren't happy you should have returned it and got a refund. I don't see why you went to Renntech?

I was looking forward to getting one, What a shame.

Last edited by c32_amg; 05-09-2015 at 06:31 AM.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 E55
Originally Posted by c32_amg
I'm shocked, genuinely WTF

If you wanted 100% fitment then you should have gone Renntech in the first place.

I've had a few diiffusers from here and they've all needed some slight adjustment.

I got no words to explain the situation. If you weren't happy you should have returned it and got a refund. I don't see why you went to Renntech?

I was looking forward to getting one, What a shame.
Plus one what a moron calls Renntech to complain about his replica diffuser has a small gap on it A REPLICA !!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55, E63
personally i like renntech products but think their prices are absolutely absurd. i was looking forward to getting one of these, but cant anymore because someone wasnt happy that the very first product produced didnt fit 100%?? RW was trying to help resolve in a completely normal manner, and you call Renntech to complain and rat out RW?

there's always one ******* that ruins it for everyone else...
Old 05-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Let me field these questions or comments below:

1: I didn't rat anyone out. The deal with Renntech was I return it to Renntech with the proof of purchase anytime next week and they will provide me one of the real Renntech diffuser install at their dealer.

2: RW has given me ( well really all of us ) BS. I called Renntech not to rat anyone out. I called Renntech because one minute RW tells me I have to remove my bumper which yes, I was not to happy with then I had the drill holes from the RW diffuser taps into the inside of my bumper. ( not needed according to Renntech install sheet nor according to the Renntech people whom says it was not needed ) Then RW tells me 3M spacer will close the gap and that was how Renntech's original diffuser had on ( 3M spacer ) WHICH I have to point out again the instruction RW forwarded to me of the Renntech installation didn't NOT mentioned that nor did the Renntech people I spoke with said spacer was need or provide as RW stated. Neither of what RW said needed to elimate the gap was on Renntech's ordinal instruction and that was why I called Renntech. I didn't want to have it professional remove my bumper and start to drill holes into the inside of my bumper when it was not necessary.

3: For those who have modify diffuser or front lip say I should expect gaps. Well I have to say if someone like RW would have told me that before I started the install, I surely would not have purchased the headache.

4: If you are to comment on this, please at lease read the email communication I posted. When I removed my original OE diffuser, the original factory diffuser on the 2 ends was held together with rivets which had to be drilled through to removed the original diffuser. Now for my headache, how do one put that original diffuser back now when there is no rivets to hold it together ? Yes, I am sure a professional might be able to do it, but I can not. Can the professional I hire to put back the original diffuser guarantee it wouldnt become loose or fall out while I'm driving? Your guess is just as good as my. Also please consider now I'm suppose to take out of my pocket to do this while if RW diffuser was done according to Renntech specification it was a simple as 5 screws to hold the ends of the diffuser fins onto the back of the bumper while the taps "clips" ( mind you RW taps doesn't even clip nor does RW taps fit being the taps are too small ) into the original tap holders.

Now for judgement. If I remove the RW diffuser, I have the holes that Renntech's instruction ask me to drill in my back bumper area. The original diffuser in which I can't put back together because of the failed RW diffuser and all I ask is for RW hire a professional to put the RW diffuser to where the gap is elimated. Isn't that at lease worth my headache ? I think that is a reasonable request base on the fact of the failure was due to the lack of understand from RW's factory to RW being honest explaining how the dam thing should of being put together in the first place and I can assure you. The only addition screws that needed to be drilled are the ones on the original Renntech instruction if it was properly done. The gap on other email communication to RW stated the tap that is suppose to clip back to the original tap holder was too small to fit thus the gaps.

Do I like the RW diffuser, yes I do. Do I like the gap that you guys see in RW post, not I do not. Can I live with it, no I can't.

Imagine you in your AMG pulling up behind me and you see a Renntech diffuser, but with these gaps and yes, you can see it clear as day from behind and no, you don't have to look from underneath it to see the gap as RW stated because the photos RW posted of my diffuser was taken by me from behind, not underneath.

My solution. Pay a professional to, I don't even know at this point how to really elimated the gap and I can tell you that I would be mad as hell if RW is right that one had to drill holes from the RW diffuser taps into the inside of my bumper and because I can tell you now no 3M spacer or double side tape can hold the weight of the RW diffuser to the bottom on my bumper to elimate the gap.

Or I have to pay a professional to somehow put back together my original diffuser that came from Mercedes.

RW wasn't honest or should I say don't know exactly how to fix the problem correctly because of their mistake and they get to cry wolf or RW's factory don't know what they are doing. Either way, he didn't want to pay a professional to do it right and this was my fault?. Imagine this, you have a real Renntech diffuser, but the taps are too small to hold the diffuser snugly to the bottom of your bumper as it should be. Renntech would of drop the diffuser from their line or pay for it to be corrected. Does this fall under the guarantee of 100% quality and fitment category as stated by RW?

Please read between the lines. RW says no one in the industry patents their product and they are not afraid of the legal aspect, but the product offer from RW website was taken down immediately after their post. RW told me to send RW diffuser to Renntech and in the same sentence asking me to return RW diffuser back to them on Monday for a full refund.

My options to RW. Mail me a check for $250 and I will bring it to a reputable shop and fix the gap or I can provide Renntech your diffuser and walk away with a really Renntech diffuser including installation by Renntech.

I think I am fair. The ball is in your court RW. Please let me know what you want to do publicly or privately. At this point I feel I'm the victim and am not going to comment anymore beyon this because this is my headache that no one should have to go through.

Anyone interested in reviewing the Renntech diffuser installation sheet from by RW, please feel free to PM and you can see for yourselves why I am ****.

Last edited by Davidkuo0330; 05-09-2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:56 PM

x5 3.5d
Jerk!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 12:57 PM

2015 ML63 Biturbo
I think your the one thats lost the plot here!!!

I still don't understand what Renntech have to do with anything here? It's NOT a Renntech diffuser and never was. It might look like it but thats about it.

Looks like you couldn't install it or pay a professional to do the job you've messed it up and now your going running to Renntech so they give you a real one without paying for it.

you want to modify there's always going to be teething issues which get smoothed out and that's why you were given a 50% discount.

Anyway we are a community here and RW was making something that a few of us wanted on here, We know it's not going to be 100% fit first time, It's going to need some adjustments but you couldn't accept that fact and now have ruined it for everyone else.

No matter what you say or do it's you thats in the wrong here.

Simple fact again if you didn't like the fit and finish you could have returned it and got a refund Why was there need to go to Renntech? It wasn't them that made the diffuser!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2015, 11:59 PM

2012 E63
So sad.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:12 PM
SPONSOR

C190 GT C
Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Let me field these questions or comments below:

1: I didn't rat anyone out. The deal with Renntech was I return it to Renntech with the proof of purchase anytime next week and they will provide me one of the real Renntech diffuser install at their dealer.

2: RW has given me ( well really all of us ) BS. I called Renntech not to rat anyone out. I called Renntech because one minute RW tells me I have to remove my bumper which yes, I was not to happy with then I had the drill holes from the RW diffuser taps into the inside of my bumper. ( not needed according to Renntech install sheet nor according to the Renntech people whom says it was not needed ) Then RW tells me 3M spacer will close the gap and that was how Renntech's original diffuser had on ( 3M spacer ) WHICH I have to point out again the instruction RW forwarded to me of the Renntech installation didn't NOT mentioned that nor did the Renntech people I spoke with said spacer was need or provide as RW stated. Neither of what RW said needed to elimate the gap was on Renntech's ordinal instruction and that was why I called Renntech. I didn't want to have it professional remove my bumper and start to drill holes into the inside of my bumper when it was not necessary.

3: For those who have modify diffuser or front lip say I should expect gaps. Well I have to say if someone like RW would have told me that before I started the install, I surely would not have purchased the headache.

4: If you are to comment on this, please at lease read the email communication I posted. When I removed my original OE diffuser, the original factory diffuser on the 2 ends was held together with rivets which had to be drilled through to removed the original diffuser. Now for my headache, how do one put that original diffuser back now when there is no rivets to hold it together ? Yes, I am sure a professional might be able to do it, but I can not. Can the professional I hire to put back the original diffuser guarantee it wouldnt become loose or fall out while I'm driving? Your guess is just as good as my. Also please consider now I'm suppose to take out of my pocket to do this while if RW diffuser was done according to Renntech specification it was a simple as 5 screws to hold the ends of the diffuser fins onto the back of the bumper while the taps "clips" ( mind you RW taps doesn't even clip nor does RW taps fit being the taps are too small ) into the original tap holders.

Now for judgement. If I remove the RW diffuser, I have the holes that Renntech's instruction ask me to drill in my back bumper area. The original diffuser in which I can't put back together because of the failed RW diffuser and all I ask is for RW hire a professional to put the RW diffuser to where the gap is elimated. Isn't that at lease worth my headache ? I think that is a reasonable request base on the fact of the failure was due to the lack of understand from RW's factory to RW being honest explaining how the dam thing should of being put together in the first place and I can assure you. The only addition screws that needed to be drilled are the ones on the original Renntech instruction if it was properly done. The gap on other email communication to RW stated the tap that is suppose to clip back to the original tap holder was too small to fit thus the gaps.

Do I like the RW diffuser, yes I do. Do I like the gap that you guys see in RW post, not I do not. Can I live with it, no I can't.

Imagine you in your AMG pulling up behind me and you see a Renntech diffuser, but with these gaps and yes, you can see it clear as day from behind and no, you don't have to look from underneath it to see the gap as RW stated because the photos RW posted of my diffuser was taken by me from behind, not underneath.

My solution. Pay a professional to, I don't even know at this point how to really elimated the gap and I can tell you that I would be mad as hell if RW is right that one had to drill holes from the RW diffuser taps into the inside of my bumper and because I can tell you now no 3M spacer or double side tape can hold the weight of the RW diffuser to the bottom on my bumper to elimate the gap.

Or I have to pay a professional to somehow put back together my original diffuser that came from Mercedes.

RW wasn't honest or should I say don't know exactly how to fix the problem correctly because of their mistake and they get to cry wolf or RW's factory don't know what they are doing. Either way, he didn't want to pay a professional to do it right and this was my fault?. Imagine this, you have a real Renntech diffuser, but the taps are too small to hold the diffuser snugly to the bottom of your bumper as it should be. Renntech would of drop the diffuser from their line or pay for it to be corrected. Does this fall under the guarantee of 100% quality and fitment category as stated by RW?

Please read between the lines. RW says no one in the industry patents their product and they are not afraid of the legal aspect, but the product offer from RW website was taken down immediately after their post. RW told me to send RW diffuser to Renntech and in the same sentence asking me to return RW diffuser back to them on Monday for a full refund.

My options to RW. Mail me a check for $250 and I will bring it to a reputable shop and fix the gap or I can provide Renntech your diffuser and walk away with a really Renntech diffuser including installation by Renntech.

I think I am fair. The ball is in your court RW. Please let me know what you want to do publicly or privately. At this point I feel I'm the victim and am not going to comment anymore beyon this because this is my headache that no one should have to go through.

Anyone interested in reviewing the Renntech diffuser installation sheet from by RW, please feel free to PM and you can see for yourselves why I am ****.

Either way, he didn't want to pay a professional to do it right and this was my fault?
You seem to keep missing the point that I gave you $700 off the diffuser to have it professionally installed, so how did I not "pay" to have it done?

shown below the genuine piece even comes with spacers below the tabs. Our diffuser did not have these spacers pre-installed. Installing these spacers would have easily fixed the issue. Any reputable body shop would have seen this during the install and easily installed them when fitting the diffuser. Had this been taken to a shop like we originally provided the discount for we would not be in this situation.

While mailing you a check for $250 would be a relatively good "deal" for my company to make this headache go away, I will not go against my own morals. I will not allow my company to be extorted even further by your threats.

This whole situation really worked out in your favor. You got a genuine Renntech piece for the low price of $700 while hanging us out to dry and turning your back on the entire community here.
The following users liked this post:
Gene Gorman (05-02-2016)
Old 05-10-2015, 11:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e55 amg, turbo civic, turbo sc300, gsx-r 750
+2 What a moron indeed. Ruined it for all of us! Who does that.
I guess no more front lip for me.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:07 AM
Banned

Asked the wife to read through this thread because I felt bad about members not being able to get this awful diffuser and here is what she said. Honey, I read through this thread and no one seems to care about your toy, why the f... would you care about their car? Humm, the wife is always right. I don't care.

RW. You think you gave me a $700 discount is ?? Think how awesome is this. Renntech is giving me a $3,380 diffuser minus the $700 I have already paid plus whatever it cost Renntech to install it. It was not a threat, I was just trying to help a startup, but hey. I tried. I don't need to justify anything to anyone because nobody cares about my car except me. I am done with this thread.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Asked the wife to read through this thread because I felt bad about members not being able to get this awful diffuser and here is what she said. Honey, I read through this thread and no one seems to care about your toy, why the f... would you care about their car? Humm, the wife is always right. I don't care.

RW. You think you gave me a $700 discount is ?? Think how awesome is this. Renntech is giving me a $3,380 diffuser minus the $700 I have already paid plus whatever it cost Renntech to install it. It was not a threat, I was just trying to help a startup, but hey. I tried. I don't need to justify anything to anyone because nobody cares about my car except me. I am done with this thread.
Status update. Call Renntech today, spoked to the person at Renntect who offered me the authentic Renntech diffuser and install. Seems they want the knockoff diffuser so badly. They offer me a 15% discount on their ECU tune with free install on top of the free diffuser ( well, $700 ). A deal I just can't pass up.

Guess Renntech HQ got a hold of the news and wanted my diffuser bad. I can't seem to understand why Renntech would be so surprise someone was able to. Knockoff their product. But just like RW said, there is no patent on products like this

I'll be balling in no time thanks to the members on this thread that encourage me to go ahead. Much appreciated.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
I simply can't believe the outcome of this thread. I'm astonished. I feel so bad for RW Carbon as they seem like genuinely nice people that did all they could to help out with this situation. As a business owner, what else could you have done? If the customer was unhappy with the product you offer a full refund and the customer is still unhappy what else can you possibly do?

All of this was over what appears to be a minor fitment issue from a user generated issue. A problem that I've encountered with nearly every aftermarket piece I've seen from the top companies like Brabus, Lorinser, Carbonio, etc. There's simply never a "perfect" aftermarket piece that fits like OEM unless you're dealing with OEM parts whether it's a name brand or not but in order to minimize the issue I've also learned after years of experience is to have a true professional help out with the install. RW seemed to be totally reasonable in this regard and overall I've had negative and positive experiences with Renntech as a whole. What I've learned with Renntech is they'll tell you anything to try and sell you more product but once you've purchased stuff from them and have an issue they basically tell you to pound sand and fitment is probably not 100%.
Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

WOW WOW WOW ....I ve been following this thread since last week. Ive stayed quiet but now its gotten way out of hand....

SO i helped David do the install. I offered my services because 1. I installed my Euroteck myself and had knowledge about taking the OE valance off and am reasonably technically inclined. 2. Because i was very excited to see an even more aggressive Diffuser than mine. Back in the days, when i was diffuser searching i had some threads on all the different Diffs with pics and what the options were. When renntech came out with theirs I knew it looked awesome but obviously with a price. Finally when rw came out with theirs, i was really excited but i had already purchased my eurotech and was fine with it....I was actually more interested in the front diffuser and still am. 3. Because I wanted to see what this one looked like and because i was local to both parties , I offered my service on my own time. 4. My rear diff got damaged and i wanted to see what the new one looks like before choosing to buy this...see how the fit and fitment was.

David got the jump at the insane discount matt gave and got the first one. I actually had a chance to see the first diffuser in person before david picked it up. I had a few questions about the design that i wasnt sure about but matt assured me that it was made identical to the renntech version.

so my euroteck had tabs on the top that clip in and the renn doesnt..they slide in but dont catch and this is where the issue appears to be....thats why there was that slight gap primarily along the top...whether the genuine renntech does the same thing...i dont know...i have a variety of pics thru the internet and there is no 100percent answer

Prior to the install david and I had emailed matt to obtain as much info/instructions/pictures and hardware. He was pretty confident that we should be fine with the install, and I personally was never overly concerned....so the only issue that i have with RW is that only after the fact did we find out, or did they find out that the chinese makers had to take off the bumper to complete their install...I personally still dont think it needs to be off, I think the 3 m tape option would help resolve the issue...
Yeah so matt or rw has never done the installs on this particular item...hell only a few people have as there really arent alot of them out there....so I guess u can knock RW for that....But...the dude offered a money back return....granted its a Pain in ***...but still offered it to him...Getting the OE diffuser back on would be piece of cake, Yeah the rivets were drilled through but you just need to fixate where the rivers were with a small screw and nut...thats how the euroteck is in stalled anyways besides the tabs up top.

If renntech wanted to find out where the diffuser came from they could find it in 1 second....they are members here on the forum..hellllo??? they have advertised their turbos and products here....every one knows that...

im pissed now that I cant get a diffuser...i had decided that I wanted one even with the gap and was negociating my cost with matt considering my first hand experience with the products flaws and issues... now i guess i shall be diffuserless and the downforce i so dreamed of achieving will never be experienced.

david ask renntech if they will give u a free set of wheels too while your at it, because one of the tires you are selling has a nail in the sidewall shoulder...did u disclose that on your sales thread for your wheels and tires?

its dinner time...im dropping the mic

guys PM me if u need anything else
Old 05-12-2015, 01:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by vdubpower
WOW WOW WOW ....I ve been following this thread since last week. Ive stayed quiet but now its gotten way out of hand....

SO i helped David do the install. I offered my services because 1. I installed my Euroteck myself and had knowledge about taking the OE valance off and am reasonably technically inclined. 2. Because i was very excited to see an even more aggressive Diffuser than mine. Back in the days, when i was diffuser searching i had some threads on all the different Diffs with pics and what the options were. When renntech came out with theirs I knew it looked awesome but obviously with a price. Finally when rw came out with theirs, i was really excited but i had already purchased my eurotech and was fine with it....I was actually more interested in the front diffuser and still am. 3. Because I wanted to see what this one looked like and because i was local to both parties , I offered my service on my own time. 4. My rear diff got damaged and i wanted to see what the new one looks like before choosing to buy this...see how the fit and fitment was.

David got the jump at the insane discount matt gave and got the first one. I actually had a chance to see the first diffuser in person before david picked it up. I had a few questions about the design that i wasnt sure about but matt assured me that it was made identical to the renntech version.

so my euroteck had tabs on the top that clip in and the renn doesnt..they slide in but dont catch and this is where the issue appears to be....thats why there was that slight gap primarily along the top...whether the genuine renntech does the same thing...i dont know...i have a variety of pics thru the internet and there is no 100percent answer

Prior to the install david and I had emailed matt to obtain as much info/instructions/pictures and hardware. He was pretty confident that we should be fine with the install, and I personally was never overly concerned....so the only issue that i have with RW is that only after the fact did we find out, or did they find out that the chinese makers had to take off the bumper to complete their install...I personally still dont think it needs to be off, I think the 3 m tape option would help resolve the issue...
Yeah so matt or rw has never done the installs on this particular item...hell only a few people have as there really arent alot of them out there....so I guess u can knock RW for that....But...the dude offered a money back return....granted its a Pain in ***...but still offered it to him...Getting the OE diffuser back on would be piece of cake, Yeah the rivets were drilled through but you just need to fixate where the rivers were with a small screw and nut...thats how the euroteck is in stalled anyways besides the tabs up top.

If renntech wanted to find out where the diffuser came from they could find it in 1 second....they are members here on the forum..hellllo??? they have advertised their turbos and products here....every one knows that...

im pissed now that I cant get a diffuser...i had decided that I wanted one even with the gap and was negociating my cost with matt considering my first hand experience with the products flaws and issues... now i guess i shall be diffuserless and the downforce i so dreamed of achieving will never be experienced.

david ask renntech if they will give u a free set of wheels too while your at it, because one of the tires you are selling has a nail in the sidewall shoulder...did u disclose that on your sales thread for your wheels and tires?

its dinner time...im dropping the mic

guys PM me if u need anything else
Sorry for the late comments as we just finalized the move yesterday and had to help the wife unpack everything to eat the first dinner at our new house. First and foremost, thank you sincerely from the bottom of my heart for your help. If you didn't offer your help, I would of went straight to the pros. Honestly, I think we did a great job considering what we had to work with.

I am glad that someone spoke up about the whole situation and had firsthand knowadege of what I saw.

Guys. This is not something you go to a retail store to buy and if you don't like it, you just return it. I ( we ) had to take off something and then install something. I said from the gecko I didn't know how to install the diffuser and I was offered the help from someone who has done it just on a different kind of diffuser, but nonetheless took off the old diffuser and install an aftermarket diffuser. If putting back my old diffuser was as simple as putting screws and nuts, then it is something a pro will need to do ( that would cost $250+ ) because I was not capable of doing so.

Why did things escalate to this point. I said it before and not one accepted the fact that who is going to pay for the old diffuser being put back together. Not one single person mentioned anything about just put this guy's old diffuser back together and let's all move forward thus me asking my wife to read this thread and getting the comment nobody cares for your car, but me. RW didn't care neither did the haters. People on these forums love their cars and I'm no exception.

As for Renntech people being on this forum and not noticing their products are being knockoff is beyond me, but if they spend millions on R&D and seeing their products getting knockoff without saying anything on this forum is just ridiculous.

Let's now talk about the 100% Quality and fitment guarantee. Next time you guys encounter this being said 100% and not 90% or even 80% quality and fitment guarantee, don't b.t.c. about it because you won't get any compassionate here.

V. I can understand you are **** about not being able to get the diffuser or front lip, but just because I volunteer for the trial fit, doesn't mean I have to accept the inferior service or guarantee as promised. It seems to me you and other members not being able to get the first shot at this diffuser, but I must ask why? You don't want to be the test rat and let someone else take the fall if something goes wrong. Well something did go wrong and well again no one care about your car, but you.

Oh, I didn't mentioned about the nail in my 1 wheel because obviously I had to change a new tire. Would the new owner mind, I seriously doubt it, but yeah. I'll mentioned after I decide what wheels to get. No Renntech wheels for me ( sorry, but it's a preference thing ).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Feeler - Renntech Style E63 Diffuser & Front Lip