W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Buddy is a Cadillac dealer and said the following...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
W212 E550 4M P2
I've driven the '14 CTS V-Sport and its fit & finish was on par with my '12 E. No better or worse. It's got way more tech, but that darn Cue is odd. Don't count it out until you sit and/or drive the new CTS / CTS V-Sport / CTS-V.

I wasn't interested because it's RWD only and its abundance of tech surprisingly didn't blow me away as "must have". Finally, my semi-uninformed bias from C&R and other usual sources indicated that it may not stand up in the long run.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ts-review.html
Old 11-09-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
homeless
Originally Posted by Johnny Rad
I've driven the '14 CTS V-Sport and its fit & finish was on par with my '12 E. No better or worse. It's got way more tech, but that darn Cue is odd. Don't count it out until you sit and/or drive the new CTS / CTS V-Sport / CTS-V.

I wasn't interested because it's RWD only and its abundance of tech surprisingly didn't blow me away as "must have". Finally, my semi-uninformed bias from C&R and other usual sources indicated that it may not stand up in the long run.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ts-review.html
I also drove a V sport, wasn't impressed with interior build quality, felt cheap. The Cts was not up to par fit and finish with the german cars I have had first hand experience in each but that was just my own opinion (I'm referring to the m5, e63, rs7, panamera turbo s). I would not go American unless it was a pick up truck, z06, or viper (z06 > viper anyday).

Last edited by marcolarco52; 11-09-2015 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by marcolarco52
No I haven't driven the new cts-v the fit and finish inside (center stack) all looks identical to the escalade which I did not like at all still feels cheap just all show to look good. Also the e63 is a lot better than the e350, and the bmw's that I compared it to (yes even the m5, the e63 was better in my opinion, yes i've driven the m5 lot more than a test drive, friend had it before he totalled it). I didn't like the bmw interior, not sure how your wife thinks its better than the mercedes interior because it definitely is not, what so ever. In my opinion after driving all of them the rs7, m5, panamera turbo, I decided on the e63 simply because it was exactly what i wanted.

One more thing, I have driven a e55...does not perform as well as a e63s...it is fast and it handles ok, just not as fast and the handling is not on par with the e63. I am referring to stock vs stock.
W211 E55 vs W212 E63 is night and day in terms of performance, both straight and especially curves.

I am with her on one thing, compared to the regular 5 series, the E350 feels cheap and empty. Engine sounds like a deeply muffled Corolla, suspension feels like an over damped Chevy
Old 11-09-2015, 07:28 PM

homeless
Originally Posted by kponti
W211 E55 vs W212 E63 is night and day in terms of performance, both straight and especially curves.

I am with her on one thing, compared to the regular 5 series, the E350 feels cheap and empty. Engine sounds like a deeply muffled Corolla, suspension feels like an over damped Chevy
So this went from a e63 forum question to a e350 vs a 5 series?...So which are your planning on purchasing, e350, e63, 528i, m5, camry...Edit: or the cts -v since this thread was regarding that.

Also you were the one who literally just said the old e55 is on par with the e63...

Have you driven the new CTSv? I am not being facetious, I am actually curious.
Also I ask because driving the E350.....I assumed the E63 has lost all that made the AMG great in terms of quality and vault-like feeling. However after driving the E63....I will say its on par with the old E55. The E350 however is definitely not! I am driving a 2015 E350 right now and my wife's comment about that after driving it was "looks good, but feels cheap, you want me to give up my BMW for that???"

Last edited by marcolarco52; 11-09-2015 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
When I commented above, I was comparing interior quality feel and overall vault like feeling of the two cars, that's where the similarities end. And I have owned an E55 and currently own the 63.
The regular 5 series vs E350 comparison was to show how different the regular cars are from their performance counterparts just in feel and quality.
I am transposing that to the regular CTS vs the CTSv. So in other words, just cos you have driven a v6 CTS does not mean it will feel like like the V. In fact if I had driven the W212 E350 before ever getting into the same generation AMG, I would have assumed MB cheaped out and looked at the M5 instead.

Also the 350 I am driving now is cos my car is at the shop getting a code looked at and this is the loaner I am driving.

Last edited by kponti; 11-09-2015 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:12 PM

homeless
When I commented above, I was comparing interior quality feel and overall vault like feeling of the two cars, that's where the similarities end. And I have owned an E55 and currently own the 63.
The regular 5 series vs E350 comparison was to show how different the regular cars are from their performance counterparts just in feel and quality.
I am transposing that to the regular CTS vs the CTSv. So in other words, just cos you have driven a v6 CTS does not mean it will feel like like the V. In fact if I had driven the W212 E350 before ever getting into the same generation AMG, I would have assumed MB cheaped out and looked at the M5 instead.

Also the 350 I am driving now is cos my car is at the shop getting a code looked at and this is the loaner I am driving.
Half of the stuff you said doesn't make sense with the original comments you posted...your comparing the cars then your not then your comparing the performance being on par then your not... As for driving the cts v my original post said exactly that the interior build quality was not up to par...instead you go on and try to make others look stupid by trying to twist around their posts...read above what my original post on the cts v sport said.

Your E350 comparison to the 5 series was stating directly that the e350 isn't as good as the 5 series in one way or another those were your words not mine...you did not mention their performance oriented models you simply stated the e350 vs a bmw...

Your respond back after trying to add other meaning to your posts that have nothing to do with your exact words you had previously posted...

EDIT: Anyways back on topic the cts v is still gona have the same interior as the regular cts (with a few tweaks here and there) for that reason I did not wait to get one. If they decide to make it a way better build quality I will buy it the same day.

Last edited by marcolarco52; 11-09-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by marcolarco52
Half of the stuff you said doesn't make sense with the original comments you posted...your comparing the cars then your not then your comparing the performance being on par then your not... As for driving the cts v my original post said exactly that the interior build quality was not up to par...instead you go on and try to make others look stupid by trying to twist around their posts...read above what my original post on the cts v sport said.

Your E350 comparison to the 5 series was stating directly that the e350 isn't as good as the 5 series in one way or another those were your words not mine...you did not mention their performance oriented models you simply stated the e350 vs a bmw...

Your respond back after trying to add other meaning to your posts that have nothing to do with your exact words you had previously posted...

EDIT: Anyways back on topic the cts v is still gona have the same interior as the regular cts (with a few tweaks here and there) for that reason I did not wait to get one. If they decide to make it a way better build quality I will buy it the same day.
Since you were not the only person I was responding to get off your high horse. Clearly you have not driven the V

**** read a bit! I am comparing how different the regular cars feel compared to their performance counterparts. And yes the 528/535 feels loads better quality than the E350. That's my point. Just cos you have driven a garden variety cts does not necessarily give you the same feel as the V
Old 11-09-2015, 09:55 PM

homeless
Old 11-15-2015, 01:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 E63 AMG S, 2018 C300 cabrio
My opinion.

Cadillac CTS-V drives very, very well, at least the current generation.
If all you care about is driving and don't need AWD then CTV-V is a great and cheaper choice.

When it comes to fit an finish and small details, though, this is where Cadillac falters. Not driving. For driving it is great.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 670 Likes on 526 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Sure might seem like it drives great but what about reliability? I had a 2013 and it was junk and at the dealer all the time. Never again. Just go to the ctsv forums and read about all the issues you don't see that here. Not one problem with my 2012 amg.
Originally Posted by durask
My opinion.

Cadillac CTS-V drives very, very well, at least the current generation.
If all you care about is driving and don't need AWD then CTV-V is a great and cheaper choice.

When it comes to fit an finish and small details, though, this is where Cadillac falters. Not driving. For driving it is great.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Honestly in my opinion, the fit and finish of the 2nd gen cts and ctsv are both a crap shoot. Even the driving feel is very bad. My 55 with over 130k miles felt a lot better buttoned/put together than a brand new 2013 ctsv. And I'm not even talking about the interior fit and finish, just the general feel when driving.
Push the ctsv to the limits and it feels a lot better and even a lot more stable than slower turn in etc etc.

No need to even discuss fit and finish.

However I feel the 2016 ctsv might just put in line with its actual competition fit and finish wise