rado catless downpipes or mbh catless

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16' E63s Diamond White
rado catless downpipes or mbh catless

2016 e63s
performance i expect the same gains, obviously will need a tune, but hows the fitment on both/installation? anyone have any experience? thanks.

rado: http://rado-power.com/2014-e63-e63s/

mbh: http://www.mbhmotorsports.com/#!e63-...wn-pipes/c1no9

Last edited by rs4 tony; 01-03-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E63S sedan
I have the catted version of the Rado downpipes. There were a couple issues with fitment:

1. The flange at the front end of the pipes is thicker than stock and as a result the factory bolt heads did not have enough clearance. I believe my installer cut off the bolt heads, threaded them in from the other side and fastened it with a nut and washer instead.

2. The right side DP was about 1 cm too short, but were able to mate it up by pulling on the muffler section which has some play, as the rubber exhaust hanger collar can swivel a little bit.

I can't comment on the MBH pipes, didn't even know they were available so i didn't look into it.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
16' E63s Diamond White
Originally Posted by sc98
I have the catted version of the Rado downpipes. There were a couple issues with fitment:

1. The flange at the front end of the pipes is thicker than stock and as a result the factory bolt heads did not have enough clearance. I believe my installer cut off the bolt heads, threaded them in from the other side and fastened it with a nut and washer instead.

2. The right side DP was about 1 cm too short, but were able to mate it up by pulling on the muffler section which has some play, as the rubber exhaust hanger collar can swivel a little bit.

I can't comment on the MBH pipes, didn't even know they were available so i didn't look into it.
Thanks for the input
Old 01-07-2016, 01:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW M3
Another possible option could be the Supersprint Downpipe system. They are made in Italy. Use high quality stainless steel. From the very many Supersprint products we've installed across a multitude of platforms, fitment has always been top notch!

Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM
ilh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 S Wagon, 2011 1M
Originally Posted by sc98

I noticed you are in Houston, where did you have them installed and how long did it take? THanks!