MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   RW R style Diffuser (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/611482-rw-r-style-diffuser.html)

Mixedfruits 01-06-2016 05:36 PM

RW R style Diffuser

2 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Recently went to RW Carbon's warehouse to pick up a R Style rear diffuser. The guys over their are very nice and helped me with a handful of questions. There has been some controversy over Rw Carbon's diffuser saying fitment gap was an issue ect. As any car part, one car is used to make a mold of the part and since tolerances on both the part supplier and of the rear bumper made by Mercedes vary ever so slightly; fitment issues would arise. This being said perfect fitment isn't impossible, just time consuming.

So far the bumper has no gap where the bumper and diffuser meet in the middle flat area. As a certain member has said the real Renntech bumper includes clips this one does not, instead I just installed spacers near the clips as recommended by RW (1/16-1/8). Issues I have are gaps on the side; however, all bolts have not been installed yet and stuff have not been wiggled around. I'm lazy haha.

Ps: the rear trunk is far from done so dont mind the paint crack where the emblem goes. Was doing bondo work and needed a guide coat.... it was raining.

Attachment 370157

Attachment 370158

RW Carbon 01-06-2016 06:23 PM

Nice meeting you today :y Can't wait to see this thing competed :)

vdubpower 01-06-2016 08:18 PM

point out where u are having gap issues, hard to tell with your pics...
my guy actually used rivets instead of screws to get fixation, again with out bumper removal
if there is any gap its so minimal, bottom line the diffuser is on tight

AHI 01-06-2016 09:16 PM

Can we get a side shot of this car? Love to see that wheel setup

Mixedfruits 01-06-2016 09:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AHI (Post 6667337)
Can we get a side shot of this car? Love to see that wheel setup

Attachment 370152

Attachment 370153

AHI 01-07-2016 12:47 AM

Wow just wow..... I knew something was up.

Are those Work? You running bags up front?

AHI 01-07-2016 12:49 AM

Obviously your running bags... What setup? Accuair?

Mixedfruits 01-07-2016 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by AHI (Post 6667556)
Obviously your running bags... What setup? Accuair?

hahah nothings up :nix:. Airrex struts all around, accuair elevel management. If your geared more towards performace, hpdrivetech struts. If youd like to talk more about air pm me! :). Wheels are Elbe, which contracted work to make their "vsxx" style wheels.

AHI 01-07-2016 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mixedfruits (Post 6667561)
hahah nothings up :nix:. Airrex struts all around, accuair elevel management. If your geared more towards performace, hpdrivetech struts. If youd like to talk more about air pm me! :). Wheels are Elbe, which contracted work to make their "vsxx" style wheels.

LoL by "up" I meant hiding... I could tell by the camber. Never seen your car before... Nice job. I'm running Accuair with e level on my 1950 Chev Ratrod

Mixedfruits 01-07-2016 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by AHI (Post 6667564)
LoL by "up" I meant hiding... I could tell by the camber. Never seen your car before... Nice job. I'm running Accuair with e level on my 1950 Chev Ratrod

LOL not alot of people on the forums appreciate my style of modding so I dont post too much. Also nice on the rat rod, always wanted to build one! Accuair seems the way to go, even with airlifts 3h I still hear people heading towards e level.

YeaItsHim 01-07-2016 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mixedfruits (Post 6667569)
LOL not alot of people on the forums appreciate my style of modding so I dont post too much. Also nice on the rat rod, always wanted to build one! Accuair seems the way to go, even with airlifts 3h I still hear people heading towards e level.

HAHA ! @ not a lot of people appreciating.

Ed, can't wait to see it all done ! I am tempted to throw my rear diffuser and front lip on, but trying to wait for the nicer weather over here in NY.

You make me want to get the sides so bad, even though yours are custom.

INS1GNIA 01-07-2016 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mixedfruits (Post 6667569)

Lol I could see not a lot appreciating but I actually think the stance is sick. I usually don't like too overly stanced cars but yours is just right, it looks really good with height/wheel combo. Great job :y.