Sponsored by:

What's the Porsche Equivalent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 12:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 E63
What's the Porsche Equivalent

to this message board? My wife's interested in a Macan and I know very little about them. Thanks
Old 10-29-2017, 11:15 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
GTR
Is your question what macan’s equiv in Mercedes
or u want to get feed back about macan?
Old 10-29-2017, 11:30 PM

'12 E63
Originally Posted by dav461
Is your question what macan’s equiv in Mercedes
or u want to get feed back about macan?
Looking for the best message board re Porsches (both Macan and Cayenne). Thanks
Old 10-29-2017, 11:43 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
Rennlist is the best all around board but the Macan side is a little sparse. You can also go to Macan Forum for more on that one.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:13 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
Rennlist always felt like "AIR COOLED4 LYFE YO" and begrudgingly discuss newer models. 6SpeedOnline has a lot of porsche people but they are all pretty focused on modding so you get a lot of 60-130mph runs, turbo upgrades, etc .

My guess is that most Macan forums on any forum will be "Help me pick a color!!!" or "Do these 23" wheels look too big or almost too big?".

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:40 PM

'12 E63
Originally Posted by signes
Rennlist is the best all around board but the Macan side is a little sparse. You can also go to Macan Forum for more on that one.
Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:41 PM

'12 E63
Originally Posted by ajs76
Rennlist always felt like "AIR COOLED4 LYFE YO" and begrudgingly discuss newer models. 6SpeedOnline has a lot of porsche people but they are all pretty focused on modding so you get a lot of 60-130mph runs, turbo upgrades, etc .

My guess is that most Macan forums on any forum will be "Help me pick a color!!!" or "Do these 23" wheels look too big or almost too big?".

Good luck and I hope you find what you're looking for.
Thanks a lot. After the test drives it's now a Cayenne that is in the cross hairs.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by ERC4
Thanks a lot. After the test drives it's now a Cayenne that is in the cross hairs.
I have a 2012 Cayenne S and my wife and I couldn't disagree about the car more

Her: "Best car I've ever owned"
Me: "Why is this so slow? 400 hp right? Man it leans a lot in turns...I thought this was the porsche of SUVs? god I wish I ponied up the money and got the turbo"

Not sure if the brand brand new one is going to change the game there, but the old one still feels ponderous and heavy to me. My dad special ordered one with PDCC and torque vectoring (standard on turbo) and I have to admit that it makes it feel more like car when driving. Not sure how much you're going to be driving it but for the most part I still kick myself.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:49 PM

Received 110 Likes on 95 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by ajs76
I have a 2012 Cayenne S and my wife and I couldn't disagree about the car more

Her: "Best car I've ever owned"
Me: "Why is this so slow? 400 hp right? Man it leans a lot in turns...I thought this was the porsche of SUVs? god I wish I ponied up the money and got the turbo"

Not sure if the brand brand new one is going to change the game there, but the old one still feels ponderous and heavy to me. My dad special ordered one with PDCC and torque vectoring (standard on turbo) and I have to admit that it makes it feel more like car when driving. Not sure how much you're going to be driving it but for the most part I still kick myself.
For sure. To the op, certainly depends on what your wife is looking for in a vehicle, but the porsche 'suv' to consider is the macan turbo. Great vehicle. Tune that thing and add an akra exhaust, throw in some custom 22s, and you have the perfect little suv. Spent much time in one....Looks cool, quick, and sounds great, and handles very well. The Cayenne is a bit meh to me....but again, depends on what you're looking for.