Limiter Removal / Increase on E63AMG S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG Black
Limiter Removal / Increase on E63AMG S

Hi guys.

I need to increase limiter on a E63AMG S.Which software do I need?
Old 10-27-2016, 11:46 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by flowspeed
Hi guys.

I need to increase limiter on a E63AMG S.Which software do I need?
any good tuner can do this for you, go with a reputable one closest to you with the most support, is my advice
Old 10-27-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
14 E63S Wagon, 16 GTS Edition1 (Sold), 17 SL450 designo edition
Renntech disabled the limiter as a matter of routine on my full tune a couple years back. The tuner said he didn't know if the car would hit 200 or not but it should be in the ballpark. Not that the difference between the 186 limit and 200 is an issue around here near Seattle. Just being able to reach the posted speed limit with all the traffic is a good day.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:09 PM

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts
Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Myself and my Mercedes Benz owning friends and associates all use AMR Performance for our software needs. Ironically one of my closest friends has an E63 S with a stage 1 AMR tune. Not only is his limiter removed, but he gained 132hp and 275 tq above stock. Car is a monster to drive and I would recommend AMR Performance to anyone. Definitely worth checking out (especially since they do not void dealer warranty).
Old 10-27-2016, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by getmercd
Myself and my Mercedes Benz owning friends and associates all use AMR Performance for our software needs. Ironically one of my closest friends has an E63 S with a stage 1 AMR tune. Not only is his limiter removed, but he gained 132hp and 275 tq above stock. Car is a monster to drive and I would recommend AMR Performance to anyone. Definitely worth checking out (especially since they do not void dealer warranty).
Any tune will void the warranty if the dealer finds out.
Old 10-27-2016, 03:35 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Any tune will void the warranty if the dealer finds out.
Obviously if you tell them it will void but AMR software is not detectable by the dealer. I have seen it in person, very impressive in my opinion
Old 10-27-2016, 03:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Obviously if you tell them it will void but AMR software is not detectable by the dealer. I have seen it in person, very impressive in my opinion
If it's a piggyback system I can see people removing it when they go to the dealer but other than that...

Either way if the ECU logs parameters outside of normal when somethings happens, the dealer can probably figure things out when it comes to the warranty.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Can't you all increase or disable VMAX speed via DAS.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:52 PM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
If it's a piggyback system I can see people removing it when they go to the dealer but other than that...

Either way if the ECU logs parameters outside of normal when somethings happens, the dealer can probably figure things out when it comes to the warranty.
It is not a piggyback system. AMR manufactures their own software so they can reprogram the ECU to factory spec with their software in it. That way when the dealer plugs in, everything looks normal. I don't know any other company that does that, not to mention they out power everybody on the daily. Just my input on quality brand.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is not a piggyback system. AMR manufactures their own software so they can reprogram the ECU to factory spec with their software in it. That way when the dealer plugs in, everything looks normal. I don't know any other company that does that, not to mention they out power everybody on the daily. Just my input on quality brand.
You've got 12 posts, most in this thread, making claims about an unknown tuner and claiming this tuner can do things no other long time well known tuner can do...and make more power doing it. Please don't be offended if I don't believe you.
The following users liked this post:
LFC09 (10-27-2016)
Old 10-27-2016, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
You've got 12 posts, most in this thread, making claims about an unknown tuner and claiming this tuner can do things no other long time well known tuner can do...and make more power doing it. Please don't be offended if I don't believe you.
All his other posts reference AMR tunes as well..
Old 10-28-2016, 10:08 AM

Mercedes Benz C43 AMG
I am not offended as I also was in disbelief when I first was informed. It is hard to accept change and updates especially when certain brands have been around for so long. However, if you actually do the research (which I did) all of these claims are not only true, but proven with dyno sheets, track videos, customer reviews, etc. I apologize for being a fanboy, but it is hard not to when your car runs as good as mine does and you read horror stories about other tuning companies. Just trying to help the community with a reputable brand. Don't get offended by my post and apologies on the AMR overdose lol
Old 10-28-2016, 11:16 AM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
For the most part any ECU programming would be in the logs which the dealer can detect if they want to dig in.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I am not offended as I also was in disbelief when I first was informed. It is hard to accept change and updates especially when certain brands have been around for so long. However, if you actually do the research (which I did) all of these claims are not only true, but proven with dyno sheets, track videos, customer reviews, etc. I apologize for being a fanboy, but it is hard not to when your car runs as good as mine does and you read horror stories about other tuning companies. Just trying to help the community with a reputable brand. Don't get offended by my post and apologies on the AMR overdose lol
Hard to accept change? Not sure where you are coming from. I think everyone on here is open to any reputable vendor who can improve or make our cars faster. But since every one of your posts is pumping up AMR it sounds like you are affiliated with them and trying to build some hype without shelling out sponsorship $s...

They have a video of an E63 S on a dyno but I don't see any dyno sheets. I would be interested to see them.

Last edited by TMC M5; 10-28-2016 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:24 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by AG6
For the most part any ECU programming would be in the logs which the dealer can detect if they want to dig in.
From a purely computer programming perspective, detecting changes in code by comparing the stock factory ecu code against the code residing on the suspect ecu, is very straight-forward either by checksum verification or, if necessary, by a bit by bit comparison analysis. Since MB has the master database of all ecu' by model and year used, all they need is a simple comparison / validation program and the suspect ecu. Whether that ecu validation code, which would fit on an average laptop, is available at MB dealerships or only at MB corporate is the only issue. My guess is MB would not give every dealerships access to the master database, so a suspect ecu would have to be sent to Germany for a scan.

Once the suspect ecu is there, either analysis method would likely take less than 30 minutes to complete, based on the amount of code on an average ecu. So the idea that there is no way to detect code changes, which is what ecu tuning is, is technically incorrect. The local MB dealerships may not have the software tools to detect the tune, but MB corporate certainly does.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:11 AM

C63 AMG Black
Hi guys.Let us stay on the topic.I need limiter increase and not a tune.I do know that MB Germany can read the dump for the map if they have the ECU in the factory, but that is not the topic nor is tuning of ECU the topic.

I have MB Star Xentry Vediamo and Abrites Mercedes Commander.Can Vmax be increased with this equipment?
Old 10-29-2016, 06:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hi guys.Let us stay on the topic.I need limiter increase and not a tune.I do know that MB Germany can read the dump for the map if they have the ECU in the factory, but that is not the topic nor is tuning of ECU the topic.

I have MB Star Xentry Vediamo and Abrites Mercedes Commander.Can Vmax be increased with this equipment?
You could with the previous gen W211s. I can't get my Star to communicate with my W212 so I can't confirm anything with this gen.
Old 10-29-2016, 12:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
Saying that modifying an ECU without anyone being able to tell is like saying I can make the sun rise twice in a day and no one could tell. It is PLAIN BS.

1. They have the open the ECU (physical modification and intrusion logged in the 32GiB crypto NVRAM)
2. physically jump the ECU (physical modification logged in the 32GiB crypto NVRAM)
4. enter into programing mode (logged in the 32GiB crypto NVRAM)
3. flash new code (logged in the 32GiB crypto NVRAM)
The most simple software would log 3 and 4, the most uneducated engineer with catch 1 and 2...

Just to make the case I went to a major tuner with a simple contract, if MB detects the tune and denies my warrantee or flags my car they own the car at the average trade-in value from 4 different MB dealerships.
Needles to say I when home without a tune...
Believe what you want...

Last edited by Astolfo; 10-29-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:41 PM

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts
2016 S212 E400 RENNTech 345 whp/360 wtq
Well I have to admit the shilling for AMR drove me to check their website but it was clunky and uninformative.
Old 10-29-2016, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This sadly reminds me of MHP back in the day. The only things missing (so far) are the threats and insults after calling out the bogus claims.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:45 PM

C63 AMG Black
You could with the previous gen W211s. I can't get my Star to communicate with my W212 so I can't confirm anything with this gen.
So I must first check if MB star has coms,then go to variant coding and change VMAX.Well and good.However, I have to confirm with customer that I can definitely do it.

Don't you know anyone else with Star who can plug in to your car to confirm that it can be done?
Old 10-29-2016, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So I must first check if MB star has coms,then go to variant coding and change VMAX.Well and good.However, I have to confirm with customer that I can definitely do it.

Don't you know anyone else with Star who can plug in to your car to confirm that it can be done?
Unfortunately I'm the one my friends come to for Star needs...
Old 10-30-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
This sadly reminds me of MHP back in the day. The only things missing (so far) are the threats and insults after calling out the bogus claims.
+1,