MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   Highest Mileage w212 e63? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/646127-highest-mileage-w212-e63.html)

The1stWright 12-05-2016 11:33 PM

Highest Mileage w212 e63?

As most of you know, I've recently acquired a 2012 e63 with 51k miles and I'm in love so far! I plan to own this car for a long time as well as daily drive the car. The warranty I purchased covers the car for an additional 4 years or 100k miles.

What are are some of your experiences with the e63 bi-turbo in terms of reliablity? Also, what would you recommend having replaced before the warranty runs out?

Thanks in advance!

kponti 12-06-2016 11:22 AM

Airmatic system and sensors will go out.....just don't know when but it will

Amg63- 12-06-2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by kponti (Post 6987778)
Airmatic system and sensors will go out.....just don't know when but it will

Damn are you serious?

How will you know that the airmatic system has failed? any clear signs?

Is it expensive to replace it??

2012 CCB E63 12-06-2016 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by The1stWright (Post 6987481)
As most of you know, I've recently acquired a 2012 e63 with 51k miles and I'm in love so far! I plan to own this car for a long time as well as daily drive the car. The warranty I purchased covers the car for an additional 4 years or 100k miles.

What are are some of your experiences with the e63 bi-turbo in terms of reliablity? Also, what would you recommend having replaced before the warranty runs out?

Thanks in advance!

I've got 60k on mine (bought it with 48k last year).
The following has been replaced under CPO warranty
O2 sensor,
Developed a rough idle (already changed plugs) they diagnosed it to an oil leak which contaminated all 4 cam sensors and crank sensors

Otherwise its been a fun car.

The1stWright 12-06-2016 01:43 PM

Good to see they haven't had major issues!

I've been searching looking for failures with the 2012 e63 and I can't seem to find anything really scary which is a good sign. Can't even find turbo failures.

I'm just a natural worrier as I plan on driving the car for a long time.

The1stWright 12-06-2016 01:45 PM

Double post.

otakki 12-06-2016 06:33 PM

As for the airmatic, never neglect a W212 that continues to sit low on the rear. It might just be a simple shock replacement. If neglected, the airmatic system gets overworked and will fail shortly. Then you have two things to repair instead of one and that will cost ya big time.

Did you get factory warranty, which only goes up to 7 years max? If aftermarket, which one did you get?

The1stWright 12-06-2016 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 6988219)
As for the airmatic, never neglect a W212 that continues to sit low on the rear. It might just be a simple shock replacement. If neglected, the airmatic system gets overworked and will fail shortly. Then you have two things to repair instead of one and that will cost ya big time.

Did you get factory warranty, which only goes up to 7 years max? If aftermarket, which one did you get?

Thanks I appreciate it seems not many have problems with the motor or transmission which is a good thing!

Airmatic only in the rear so I'll set aside $3000 for that.

As for the warranty its through GWC, and apparently it's worthless. But I don't officially take delivery of the car until Friday so that's going to be a bit of an issue

PeterUbers 12-07-2016 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Amg63- (Post 6987796)
Damn are you serious?

How will you know that the airmatic system has failed? any clear signs?

Is it expensive to replace it??

already had in 17,000 miles, bought new:

- air intake tubes torn
- cps replaced- eco failed
- airmatic sensor failed and replaced
- whistling noise from grill fixed
- parktronic sensor replaced
- left belt buckle b pillar rattle fixed
- transmission software updated

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...-replaced.html

Amg63- 12-07-2016 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 6988671)

- air intake tubes torn

so for airmatic it was only sensor that failed?

i wonder outside warranty how much airmatic would cost to repair in case I keep the car that long. Which I think I will do.

Either that hat or I'll need to look into a GOOD aftermarket warranty to go with.

PeterUbers 12-07-2016 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Amg63- (Post 6988792)
so for airmatic it was only sensor that failed?

i wonder outside warranty how much airmatic would cost to repair in case I keep the car that long. Which I think I will do.

Either that hat or I'll need to look into a GOOD aftermarket warranty to go with.

yep just sensor

i have Benz elw warranty 7/75k

dinman 12-07-2016 02:41 PM

i know you were asking specifically about biturbo e63's, but i have a 2010 w212 with the 6.2. I'm currently at 125,600 miles. Before me taking ownership (102,000) it had the following done

Intake manifold gasket (60K)
Pano roof noise fixed (12K)
Spark Plugs (90K)
Wiring harness repaired (30K)
COMAND knob replaced (92K)

There are obviously many other things done in there but those are the major things

Now, since i have owned it

Voltage regulator on alternator ($117 part)
New battery ($275)
Serpentine belt came apart one morning. ($51)
Glove box dampner and light went out (fixed myself)
Just had the brake fluid changed, rear axle fluid changed, alignment done, and transmission service done around 120k miles.

Now, at 125k, later this week when i get some time to get it up on a lift, i'll be replacing both of the engine mounts, sway bar end links, and somehow my oil fill cap cracked, so i replaced that. Also while doing that i will change the engine oil, install new air filters, and pull the old power steering fluid out and put some fresh fluid in.

Overall it's been a fantastic car, i haven't had it even a year yet, and the 23,000 miles i've put on it have been great

kponti 12-07-2016 03:58 PM

My whole airmatic system has been replaced twice since the car was new, 2012 with 42k miles currently

kponti 12-07-2016 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 6988219)

Airmatic is responsible for the ride height, not shocks. If it's sitting low, it's already done for

Amg63- 12-07-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by kponti (Post 6989020)
My whole airmatic system has been replaced twice since the car was new, 2012 with 42k miles currently

How much wouldt a full airmatic system cost if say car is not in warranty anymore?

otakki 12-07-2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by The1stWright (Post 6988276)
As for the warranty its through GWC

Please give more infos on this company, "GWC." I have never heard of it before.

Originally Posted by kponti (Post 6989022)
Airmatic is responsible for the ride height, not shocks. If it's sitting low, it's already done for

Yes, most likely. Airmatic will get worked overtime and fail shortly after...at least that's what I have heard about an owner ignoring the low ride height, from SA at a dealership. I was there at the time for airmatic warning light--that turns out to be a prefuse box problem.

Isn't great now the new W213 E63 will have airmatic both front and rear?!...Hail to more problems and less reliability!

Amg63- 12-07-2016 05:27 PM

^ Cars seem to be getting uglier on the exterior, faster, and less reliable with every new model generation these days. So sad.

1809 12-07-2016 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 6988671)

- air intake tubes torn

Dang Peter, how frustrated have you been with all this? Does it sour you on the car at all? I think I'd be hesitant to but another MB if the car I bought brand new had all these issues before 20,000 miles.

Georgee6086 12-07-2016 11:35 PM

Blind spot assist sensors have been an issue for some including myself, I haven't fixed it yet. Also I notice that my parking brake does not want to release when it's cold outside. I use my left foot and pull the pedal back up while pulling the release handle at the same time, if that makes any sense to you. It only does this when it's cold outside and the car sits over night.

The1stWright 12-08-2016 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 6989070)
Please give more infos on this company, "GWC." I have never heard of it before.

Yes, most likely. Airmatic will get worked overtime and fail shortly after...at least that's what I have heard about an owner ignoring the low ride height, from SA at a dealership. I was there at the time for airmatic warning light--that turns out to be a prefuse box problem.

Isn't great now the new W213 E63 will have airmatic both front and rear?!...Hail to more problems and less reliability!

I've heard GWC is horrible they try to get out of warranty repairs at all times. How much would airmatic cost to replace out of pocket?

The1stWright 12-08-2016 10:05 AM

Called my local dealer seems I can buy fidelity platinum warranty for the car as well.

Amg63- 12-08-2016 11:11 AM

Yea how much would airmatic cost out of pocket to replace it?

anybody know this info?

The1stWright 12-08-2016 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Georgee6086 (Post 6989399)
Blind spot assist sensors have been an issue for some including myself, I haven't fixed it yet. Also I notice that my parking brake does not want to release when it's cold outside. I use my left foot and pull the pedal back up while pulling the release handle at the same time, if that makes any sense to you. It only does this when it's cold outside and the car sits over night.

Other than that, it's been reliable? How many miles?

otakki 12-08-2016 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by The1stWright (Post 6989669)
I've heard GWC is horrible they try to get out of warranty repairs at all times. How much would airmatic cost to replace out of pocket?

That's the problem with lots of insurance companies out there: Take your money and reassure you at the front, then when something happens they drag their feet and point out some fine prints amidst an ocean of fine prints. Of course, that's how insurance companies make money, right?!

Amg63- 12-08-2016 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 6989834)
That's the problem with lots of insurance companies out there: Take your money and reassure you at the front, then when something happens they drag their feet and point out some fine prints amidst an ocean of fine prints. Of course, that's how insurance companies make money, right?!

Yup they are all scammers and all use the same tricks as one another-fact!