Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wagon come in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
991.2 GT3 RS; '18 AMG Wagon
You can add me to the list of proud, thrilled, satisfied AMG wagon owner. How are u finding such great prices on these beasts....feel like I paid a high premium for mine but at least it was the perfect build for me and with 10k on odo.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by cprx7
You can add me to the list of proud, thrilled, satisfied AMG wagon owner. How are u finding such great prices on these beasts....feel like I paid a high premium for mine but at least it was the perfect build for me and with 10k on odo.
My wife stumbled across our 2016 CPO via google search, navy blue with brown interior M-B wagon, no, I'm not kidding. The fact it was "AMG" was a bonus to her. I had wistfully mentioned my desire for one of these a couple times and she goes and finds it purely based on color scheme.

Had some initial trouble with Herb Chambers in Boston, MA, we both called, I was told car already sold, she was told available, but "not at the dealership". E-mail to the GM sorted it - someone (maybe a forum member here?) had asked to have it shipped to Missouri for inspection with option to return if it didn't pass muster - they declined, e-mailed us and asked us if we wanted it. Uh, YES. We didn't quibble with the asking price at all, probably should/could have Bought, shipped it down to NC after a facetime and having a local friend go by and look at it. I have zero regrets at $86k on a CPO, KBB private party for 'very good' is 83.8k.

I had planned to hold out for a CPO 2018 in 20/21 but this one seemed to want to find us The lunar blue over designo black/brown is gorgeous. I could do without the red calipers, I am about a 100% sleeper, so the debadge is a bonus, would have done it myself.

Adding on the 2 year CPO warranty extension and this one is a long term keeper. I'm still giddy - a 577 bhp station wagon! Ridiculous!

Last edited by cemeek; 07-28-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ML350, A6, C4S
Originally Posted by cemeek
My wife stumbled across our 2016 CPO via google search, navy blue with brown interior M-B wagon, no, I'm not kidding. The fact it was "AMG" was a bonus to her. I had wistfully mentioned my desire for one of these a couple times and she goes and finds it purely based on color scheme.

Had some initial trouble with Herb Chambers in Boston, MA, we both called, I was told car already sold, she was told available, but "not at the dealership". E-mail to the GM sorted it - someone (maybe a forum member here?) had asked to have it shipped to Missouri for inspection with option to return if it didn't pass muster - they declined, e-mailed us and asked us if we wanted it. Uh, YES. We didn't quibble with the asking price at all, probably should/could have Bought, shipped it down to NC after a facetime and having a local friend go by and look at it. I have zero regrets at $86k on a CPO, KBB private party for 'very good' is 83.8k.

I had planned to hold out for a CPO 2018 in 20/21 but this one seemed to want to find us The lunar blue over designo black/brown is gorgeous. I could do without the red calipers, I am about a 100% sleeper, so the debadge is a bonus, would have done it myself.

Adding on the 2 year CPO warranty extension and this one is a long term keeper. I'm still giddy - a 577 bhp station wagon! Ridiculous!
86 for a 2016 seems like an awesome deal! How many miles were on it? Congrats!

I have a 2014 incoming with 14k miles on it. I thought I got a reasonable price until I read your post!
Old 07-28-2017, 12:13 PM

2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by Inbyten

I have a 2014 incoming with 14k miles on it. I thought I got a reasonable price until I read your post!
13,800 miles

Cosmetically they never put a clear bra on it, so there's a few minor chips and scratches here and there, and the undercarriage, specifically front and rear bumper valence/trim are pretty scratched up. Clearly was a city car as it had contact with some curbs.

Going to get our local dealer who's got a crack used car make-pretty team to work on that before we add Xpel. Should be good enough.

Didn't notice the underside scratches smoking a new Alpha Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio last night on I-85
Old 07-28-2017, 02:18 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3

There are reasons why it was priced where it was. I was also looking at it, along with another forum member. Still a good price, but it is not indicative of market for a 2016 with those miles. Your '14 sounds like a good car, enjoy it!
Old 07-28-2017, 02:50 PM

ML350, A6, C4S
Originally Posted by signes
There are reasons why it was priced where it was. I was also looking at it, along with another forum member. Still a good price, but it is not indicative of market for a 2016 with those miles. Your '14 sounds like a good car, enjoy it!
Yeah, no worries! I spent months trying to find an example that I liked that I thought was a reasonable value. I scooped the palladium silver wagon that was for sale in Texas. It was equipped how I wanted and was supposedly in perfect condition (I haven't seen it in person yet). Hopefully it will arrive soon!
Old 07-28-2017, 03:37 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
It was equipped how I wanted and was supposedly in perfect condition (I haven't seen it in person yet). Hopefully it will arrive soon!
dude you bought it sight unseen? brave, and
Old 07-28-2017, 03:41 PM

ML350, A6, C4S
Originally Posted by TonyC
dude you bought it sight unseen? brave, and
I trusted the selling dealer. And it's got 16 mos of warranty left. And I spoke to the MB dealer that serviced it it's whole life. That felt like it took most of the risk away!
Old 07-28-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
so I'm assuming no one would dare buy a non-CPO high mi car (say, 50K+ mi) from out of state? I'm being tempted by a stupidly cheap 14 wagon that's out of warranty and the dealer won't CPO.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 E63 Wagon, 2014 Factory Five MKIV Roadster
Is this the one that was at a non-MB dealer in Connecticut to start? I had considered/taken a look at it months ago but the dealer couldn't provide any details about its history, etc. Sounds like things picked up once it finally hit an MB dealer.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63S Wagon, 2005 E500
Originally Posted by TonyC
so I'm assuming no one would dare buy a non-CPO high mi car (say, 50K+ mi) from out of state? I'm being tempted by a stupidly cheap 14 wagon that's out of warranty and the dealer won't CPO.
I bought my non-cpo with 50,300 miles on it. Shipped it to California from North Carolina. I'm happy. It was $10k cheaper than anything out here comparable (only 2 at the time).
Old 07-28-2017, 10:18 PM

E90 M3
Originally Posted by msaskin
Is this the one that was at a non-MB dealer in Connecticut to start? I had considered/taken a look at it months ago but the dealer couldn't provide any details about its history, etc. Sounds like things picked up once it finally hit an MB dealer.
No, it was at Herb Chambers in Boston.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:46 AM

2016 E63s Wagon
Yep - paint work. Dealer said "fender has had some paint" which is true, but what I like to call dealer true. Incomplete story, this is a dealership after all . OK paint work, not perfect, not terrible. More than the fender, driver rear door well and some spots where the wet sanding and buffing was pretty poor.

Welp, it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it might. My detail/film/Opticoat guy is going to give it a full monty once over and then we'll drive the @#$% out of it for min 5 years and not worry about it. Pressure's off to keep it perfect. Not going to tell the wife, she found the car and loves it.

This does mean guilt free track nights tho . . .
Old 08-10-2017, 01:21 PM

I trusted the selling dealer. And it's got 16 mos of warranty left. And I spoke to the MB dealer that serviced it it's whole life. That felt like it took most of the risk away!
I also tried to purchase your vehicle but decided with the color I wanted the most and closer to me. I bought mine pretty much sight unseen but picked it up in person and was pleasantly surprised as it looked much better than it did in pictures.
If you are interested in buying extended warranty for your wagon, make sure you do it before you run out of factory warranty. I purchased extended warranty from my local dealer on my wagon before I purchased the car lol. Anyway, it is a good idea to plan as not all vehicles will be eligible for extended warranty

cheers and enjoy your beast
Old 08-10-2017, 01:26 PM

ML350, A6, C4S
I also tried to purchase your vehicle but decided with the color I wanted the most and closer to me. I bought mine pretty much sight unseen but picked it up in person and was pleasantly surprised as it looked much better than it did in pictures.
If you are interested in buying extended warranty for your wagon, make sure you do it before you run out of factory warranty. I purchased extended warranty from my local dealer on my wagon before I purchased the car lol. Anyway, it is a good idea to plan as not all vehicles will be eligible for extended warranty

cheers and enjoy your beast
Thanks.

My wagon actually showed up with a few cosmetic issues, but the selling dealer is taking care of them.

Can I ask what you paid for the extended warranty? Cheapest I've seen so far is $6300 for the 3 yr extension to 75k miles.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:33 PM

Thanks.

My wagon actually showed up with a few cosmetic issues, but the selling dealer is taking care of them.

Can I ask what you paid for the extended warranty? Cheapest I've seen so far is $6300 for the 3 yr extension to 75k miles.
$6300 is the cheapest. I called up many dealers and most of them were asking well over 7k for it.
Old 08-10-2017, 01:41 PM

ML350, A6, C4S
$6300 is the cheapest. I called up many dealers and most of them were asking well over 7k for it.
That's what I was afraid of!

Which wagon did you pick up?
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM

That's what I was afraid of!

Which wagon did you pick up?
I picked up the white one in Louisville KY. It made more sense in the end
Old 08-10-2017, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63
My wagon is a 2016 Obsidian, B&O, carbon/ceramic, DAP, etc but stock.
Just got it - lots of fun!
Also lots of questions...
Old 08-10-2017, 04:56 PM

E90 M3
Originally Posted by cwcm
My wagon is a 2016 Obsidian, B&O, carbon/ceramic, DAP, etc but stock.
Just got it - lots of fun!
Also lots of questions...
Sounds nice. Where'd you find it? Post some pics!
Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC63

I was the person in Missouri who was first in on that car. No, I did not ask for it to be shipped to Missouri for an inspection with an option to return it, that sounds just as ridiculous reading it as it is typing it. There were a few reasons why we mutually agreed to cancel the deal and refund my deposit. Glad to hear it worked out and you're a satisfied customer, my hunt continues.....
The following users liked this post:
cemeek (08-11-2017)
Old 08-11-2017, 04:25 PM

2016 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by goodmaj
I was the person in Missouri who was first in on that car. No, I did not ask for it to be shipped to Missouri for an inspection with an option to return it, that sounds just as ridiculous reading it as it is typing it. There were a few reasons why we mutually agreed to cancel the deal and refund my deposit. Glad to hear it worked out and you're a satisfied customer, my hunt continues.....
Interesting, I agree it sounded ridiculous. This dealer has a penchant for, um, embellishing truths I guess is a nice way to put it.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:29 PM

E90 M3
Pretty funny that the three people trying to buy that car are all on this forum (but didn't know it until after the fact...)
Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 PM

Interesting, I agree it sounded ridiculous. This dealer has a penchant for, um, embellishing truths I guess is a nice way to put it.

Missed this one at Herb chambers and I'm local too. New England dealers suck.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by goodmaj
Did you miss the one in Louisville, KY?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wagon come in