Sponsored by:

Eurocharged Canada Review

Old 03-31-2017, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Eurocharged Canada Review

Eurocharged Canada Review-eizongol.jpg

I know there are a million positive reviews about Eurochaged, but a million and one wouldn't hurt. I reached out to EC Canada a few weeks ago interested in getting my car tuned with downpipes and spoke with Ben. I went back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to do this because the car is CPO'd. However, for whatever reason on Monday I said screw it, lets do it, and gave them a call. They were able to get me in Thursday morning so I took the trip from Rochester NY to Toronto Canada.

Once I got there and pulled in I'm greeted by an S8, RS7, Range Rover, couple Maserati's, handful of M3's (from e46 to f80's) and of course, AMGs... CLS63, C63, one of which they just buttoned up a Weistec stg 2 S/C application that sounded awesome, etc. In other words, it just felt right.

Inside the customer area were a couple comfortable couches, TV, coffee on the house, oh yeah, and an awesome GT3 within arms reach of where I sat for the day as well as an f80 sitting properly on a set of Klassens. They also had Vorsteiner and Klassen wheels on the wall which was awesome because I always wondered what those look like in person and now I know.

As the day went on I got some work done, but the staff always made sure they knew I was still there from time to time asking how I was, stopping by and talking about whatever was on TV (or the mind), and even offered to get me food come lunch time. All while phones were ringing off the hook, cars getting worked on, people coming and going, and email after email. I think I've beat it to death, but seriously, if you ever considering going into aftermarket performance they are at least worth the call.

Onto the goods...

Initially I went in to install my RADO downpipes and a tune along with new coilpacks and spark plugs because as we know on tunes these cars chew through those. So I wanted to get set up the right way. As the day went on, and in one of our sidebar conversations, I brought up the resonator and they said no problem, they can get that out to. I asked if they had the time in the day and they said of course.

***They didn't have the time, at least not during normal business hours and they stayed well after normal close to make sure I could make it back to NY that night***

Once everything was installed and we were winding down they said they had some new AFE filters so we threw those on too and on the dyno it went. The first session we hit 598whp/738wtq SAE and they weren't pleased with that, meanwhile, I was grinning ear to ear. I saw the puzzled look on their face, asked whats up, and they wanted more. So we let the car cool off for a bit (again, staying well after close) and went at it again and ultimately put down 619awhp/763awtq SAE.

I can't say it enough, but Ben and the whole Eurocharged Canada staff were very nice and knew what they were doing. If you're in the Northeast or near Toronto you would be making a mistake by not going with them for your aftermarket needs. Furthermore, I have also had very friendly exchanges with Tiff at EC Houston and based on what I experienced in Canada I have no doubts that they will take care of you guys in the South as well.

At the end of the day I knew I had gone on for years praising EC on these boards and influencing a handful of members to go with their tunes. However, I had never really experience who they are. So, I went to EC Canada like a normal guy and came out feeling like a million bucks knowing that all my recommendations were for the right company. I won't speak poorly of other companies around, but I will say this... EC is one of the few who have really stuck to their values and truly caring for the enthusiast over the years putting them before their bottom line.

They have dyno video and will get the up when I can and I'll scan the graph later and post it, heading out the door now.

**EC did not ask me or give me any incentive to post a review or anything. I am doing all of this on my own. Just sharing my experience with the community.**

Last edited by CarHopper; 03-31-2017 at 10:30 AM.
The following 9 users liked this post by CarHopper:
Amg63- (03-31-2017), Armin6.3 (06-29-2017), Ed99 (07-16-2018), efiftyfizzle (04-04-2017), Jimminez (03-31-2017), loungn14 (03-31-2017), sales@eurocharged.com (03-31-2017), san40 (09-21-2023), tawatts (08-10-2019) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
I can relate to this. I shared a very similar experience to yours getting my e63s done at the same shop, with the same mods as you did. I would highly recommend them to anyone who can get their work done at EC Toronto.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
2016 E63 S AMG
Great to hear of companies that provide that level of service and customer satisfaction. Also happy to hear you are pleased with the results. Something I may look in to later as they are just a 3.5 hour drive for me and often in Toronto.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E63 AMG wagon
Wow, great results. I assume the Rado downpipes can be installed with the engine in place?
I had read the 4matic cars needed engine removal to install downpipes.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
Originally Posted by Savage212
Wow, great results. I assume the Rado downpipes can be installed with the engine in place?
I had read the 4matic cars needed engine removal to install downpipes.
Correct, engine didn't move. Simple straight forward install on these. I have to swap DPs for inspections annually so I'm not getting the kind where you have to drop the motor.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Dropping the motor is for turbo back downpipes and that also only applies to the 4matics.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2014 E63S Wagon
Wish I knew you were coming to Toronto! Could've dropped by and meet you in person at EC Toronto!

Glad you had a great experience!
Old 03-31-2017, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63S | X5
^Ah, no worries. I go up there from time to time and will be sure to give notice next time. I joined MBTrueNorth after on FB and will give more advance notice next time I'm up. Maybe for heat exchangers? Hum hum.

Things happened so quick getting in that I just didn't really plan much. Would've been nice to at least get out and see the sites for a couple of hours during the day but it was okay because like I said I wrote a paper while I was there so at the end of the day it was time well spent.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:36 PM

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
2013 C63
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
^Ah, no worries. I go up there from time to time and will be sure to give notice next time. I joined MBTrueNorth after on FB and will give more advance notice next time I'm up. Maybe for heat exchangers? Hum hum.

Things happened so quick getting in that I just didn't really plan much. Would've been nice to at least get out and see the sites for a couple of hours during the day but it was okay because like I said I wrote a paper while I was there so at the end of the day it was time well spent.
Which Spark plugs and coil packs did you buy? Looking to get new ones aswell
Old 03-31-2017, 10:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 c63 coupe
+1 for eurocharged Canada, Vlad and Slav always take care.

Next time your in Toronto give a heads up we will throw together a little MBTN meet
Old 04-04-2017, 08:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts
E55 AMG & C63 AMG
Randy is the MAN at Eurocharged Canada
Old 08-25-2018, 02:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 111 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by CarHopper

I know there are a million positive reviews about Eurochaged, but a million and one wouldn't hurt. I reached out to EC Canada a few weeks ago interested in getting my car tuned with downpipes and spoke with Ben. I went back and forth as to whether or not I wanted to do this because the car is CPO'd. However, for whatever reason on Monday I said screw it, lets do it, and gave them a call. They were able to get me in Thursday morning so I took the trip from Rochester NY to Toronto Canada.

Once I got there and pulled in I'm greeted by an S8, RS7, Range Rover, couple Maserati's, handful of M3's (from e46 to f80's) and of course, AMGs... CLS63, C63, one of which they just buttoned up a Weistec stg 2 S/C application that sounded awesome, etc. In other words, it just felt right.

Inside the customer area were a couple comfortable couches, TV, coffee on the house, oh yeah, and an awesome GT3 within arms reach of where I sat for the day as well as an f80 sitting properly on a set of Klassens. They also had Vorsteiner and Klassen wheels on the wall which was awesome because I always wondered what those look like in person and now I know.

As the day went on I got some work done, but the staff always made sure they knew I was still there from time to time asking how I was, stopping by and talking about whatever was on TV (or the mind), and even offered to get me food come lunch time. All while phones were ringing off the hook, cars getting worked on, people coming and going, and email after email. I think I've beat it to death, but seriously, if you ever considering going into aftermarket performance they are at least worth the call.

Onto the goods...

Initially I went in to install my RADO downpipes and a tune along with new coilpacks and spark plugs because as we know on tunes these cars chew through those. So I wanted to get set up the right way. As the day went on, and in one of our sidebar conversations, I brought up the resonator and they said no problem, they can get that out to. I asked if they had the time in the day and they said of course.

***They didn't have the time, at least not during normal business hours and they stayed well after normal close to make sure I could make it back to NY that night***

Once everything was installed and we were winding down they said they had some new AFE filters so we threw those on too and on the dyno it went. The first session we hit 598whp/738wtq SAE and they weren't pleased with that, meanwhile, I was grinning ear to ear. I saw the puzzled look on their face, asked whats up, and they wanted more. So we let the car cool off for a bit (again, staying well after close) and went at it again and ultimately put down 619awhp/763awtq SAE.

I can't say it enough, but Ben and the whole Eurocharged Canada staff were very nice and knew what they were doing. If you're in the Northeast or near Toronto you would be making a mistake by not going with them for your aftermarket needs. Furthermore, I have also had very friendly exchanges with Tiff at EC Houston and based on what I experienced in Canada I have no doubts that they will take care of you guys in the South as well.

At the end of the day I knew I had gone on for years praising EC on these boards and influencing a handful of members to go with their tunes. However, I had never really experience who they are. So, I went to EC Canada like a normal guy and came out feeling like a million bucks knowing that all my recommendations were for the right company. I won't speak poorly of other companies around, but I will say this... EC is one of the few who have really stuck to their values and truly caring for the enthusiast over the years putting them before their bottom line.

They have dyno video and will get the up when I can and I'll scan the graph later and post it, heading out the door now.

**EC did not ask me or give me any incentive to post a review or anything. I am doing all of this on my own. Just sharing my experience with the community.**
Have you ever run a 1/4 mile on their tune?
Old 08-27-2018, 04:02 PM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
I think I will stop in at ECT, I am about 15 minutes from the shop and visit Toronto about 5 times a yr from NYC. Nice work on my friends SL55.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:27 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
E63S || C63 || E550 Coupe || Cayenne ||
we should do an E63 get together and head over.. haha I am close by to them and tempted to get the tune. They tuned my C63, but the E63 feels plenty fast already so I haven't gotten the tune yet.. just waiting for somebody to push me over hah
Old 09-20-2023, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2014 E63S
I wish they had this in Edmonton or Calgary

I wish
The following users liked this post:
thesaintusa (09-20-2023)
Old 09-24-2023, 01:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes GL 63
Would be happy to help you with remote tuning! Feel free to email us at Sales@Eurocharged.ca and we will get you set up!

Originally Posted by Krule77
I wish
Old 02-02-2024, 12:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC63S Coupe
Hey

Originally Posted by CarHopper
Attachment 442442

Onto the goods...

Can you link these RADO dp you have? I'm curious about how can you swap dp back and forth withouth lowering transmission. I am also considering tunning my glc but atm I still have two years factory warranty left. I purchased the jb4 and attempted install but that's such a difficult task that I ended up returning the jb4. I had it on my x6 and love it but for the glc63 install/uninstall it's a very difficult task. Also, what was the tune deal from eurocharged?