W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought a 2014 E63 AMG-S sedan and already won a street race, against a bike!

Old 04-06-2017, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63 AMG-S
Just bought a 2014 E63 AMG-S sedan and already won a street race, against a bike!

I've grown up on 7 second 0-60 cars (could only afford used Hyundais and such), and couldn't be more thrilled about finally owning a performance vehicle. I honestly bought the E63 only because it was topping charts on Sedan 0-60 speed, I really had no preference for Mercedes-Benz at all, just speed. That all has completely changed.

My first week owning the car, nice sunny day, I'm pulled up next to a decent sized motorcycle, and without knowing anything about motorcycles decided to give him a few revs just to see what would happen. Light turns green, we both take off and I see hes going for it, so I'm giving it all she's got, and this dude starts falling behind! Slowly to my rear doors, my trunk, then completely behind me, he just put on the brakes at that point and had given up. It was about a 10 second race up to 110-120 MPH.

I felt like I made the best choice in the world on a car that can beat some motorcycles, and has all the luxury and space it does. I found out that the motorcycle was a Yamaha FZ-07. I know it's no Ninja, but it was a damn fast bike. Just not fast enough
Old 04-06-2017, 10:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Now imagine if you were tuned. Time to
take on a ninja bike lol
Old 04-06-2017, 01:38 PM

2014 E63 AMG-S
Originally Posted by Amg63-
Now imagine if you were tuned. Time to
take on a ninja bike lol
I've been seeing tunes and mods all over here and YouTube, and I almost wish I didn't have 6-7 years of warranty left, but it is also a blessing to run the car as hard as I can and still have it covered. That'll be the FIRST thing I do when this warranty drops off, though. Hopefully this car will still be considered a beast then.

Also how do people here feel about Teslas? I had a chance to buy a ludicrous edition Tesla instead of the W212, but I had a couple issues with it personally.

1. I don't trust the self-driving at all, the roads I live on have faded lines, and there's constant rain, both of which interfere with the self-driving. It's a false sense of security if the conditions aren't perfect.

2. The inside of the car has almost no buttons, just a touch screen to navigate through when you need to find something. Sounds like it would take forever to find every button you need in the console. Was a little too plain for me.

3. The sound... There's nothing like listening to that V8 and twin turbos hard at work, cleanly shifting and just growling down the road. The Tesla's electronic motor sounds like you're pulling the belt out of somebody's belt loops...

Just my opinion. I know they're great cars, and it's hard to beat that acceleration, but I'm very happy with the choice I made.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
I honestly think the tesla is a butt ugly car and for that reason alone I'd never own one.

one thing I will say though after being in one that has ludicrous mode, both the E63S and bike will get floored by the tesla from a stoplight and it will take time to catch up but you will eventually. I still hate that car though I don't care how fast it is from (and only) a dig scenario.

Last edited by Amg63-; 04-06-2017 at 02:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
6G Schnell (04-10-2017)
Old 04-06-2017, 02:14 PM

2014 E63 AMG-S
Originally Posted by Amg63-
I honestly think the tesla is a butt ugly car and for that reason alone I'd never own one.

one thing I will say though after being in one that has ludicrous mode, both the E63S and bike will get floored by the tesla from a stoplight and it will take time to catch up but you will eventually. I still hate that car though I don't care how fast it is from (and only) a dig scenario.
Good point on both accounts. I also nearly bought a Porsche Panamera Turbo as well, but it simply was way too weird looking for me, I was trying to see past it.

You're right about the stop light, too. I've been watching so many drag racing videos, the Tesla is ahead til the quarter mile mark, but is going a full 20 mph slower at quarter mile mark than the E63 is. If I'm ever foolish enough to run from the police, I'll be way more comfortable in an E63S that can easily go faster than any police car's top speed. I hope I'm never stupid enough to try it, though.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I beat a guy on a crotch rocket once but I don't think he thought this pig of an e class was gunna try ... I used launch control and took a nice leap and didn't bog down ... next light he toasted me
Old 04-06-2017, 02:45 PM

2014 E63 AMG-S
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I beat a guy on a crotch rocket once but I don't think he thought this pig of an e class was gunna try ... I used launch control and took a nice leap and didn't bog down ... next light he toasted me
Ahahahah, that's exactly what I'm afraid of. Now that I know more about motorcycles (after looking up the one I beat), I found out it's barley in the top 50 fastest bikes, so any better of a bike and I'd get creamed. Oh well, at least we have the speed while also having the safety and cargo space/utility of a Sedan. That's why I got it after all. I should stick to racing other cars, though. At least we can beat 99% of those on the road! I've even spotted a neighbor with a new 2-door Corvette, and looked up the model to see it's STILL lower than this E63! AND he's going to lose control the second it rains with all that power in RWD. E-class for life! Can't find a better all-around car with this sort of performance. Thanks for posting and adding to this thread, that motorcycle story you had got me a good laugh
Old 04-06-2017, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63 AMG
At the end of the day even the slowest bikes will beat most cars ESPECIALLY from a stop because of the weight.

Obviously a really fast one will win but I still think it's impressive.

A tuned e63 would give most bikes even faster ones a good run for the money
Old 04-06-2017, 08:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
When you beat a bike in a 4500lb car you beat the rider, not the bike. Still a bit satisfying though of course.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:11 PM

2014 E63 AMG-S
Originally Posted by PurpleHeartAMG
When you beat a bike in a 4500lb car you beat the rider, not the bike. Still a bit satisfying though of course.
Yeah, especially with a bike I found out is only like a 700cc. But these are city streets, he probably didn't want to hit 100+ in case somebody cut into his lane, it would be death for him. So you're right, I beat the rider that was too nervous to take it to the high speeds. For good reason, of course.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
A win is a win

yeah man I was pretty pumped to hang with that bike
Old 04-06-2017, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
A win is a win

yeah man I was pretty pumped to hang with that bike
Exactly. I hung with an r6 in my c63, he still beat me, but it felt great.