Enjoy Your E63 For What It Is

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by Astolfo
I would not. I would buy a car that does it off the factory...
Well except in the last month with the Demon, there's not a car that comes with factory specs on a 60ft time so most of don't know until we buy. And those of us that do care about it would never imagine a car with this kind of power to be this handicapped from a standing start, especially with a launch mode feature built in!!!!!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
gaspam (05-07-2017)
Old 05-08-2017, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 118 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
Originally Posted by notatroll
I agree. But we also shouldnt pretend like there isnt a problem. Am I happy with stock performance? Yes! But do I want to improve it? Yes! Thats the whole point of tuning. To IMPROVE performance of the stock car. We need options and choices. You can choose to leave your tcu stock and be happy with your 60ft and launch. Or you can choose to improve it. Thats all Im saying. Weistec, Renntech and others are not delivering on this unlike bmw M tuners.
bud remind me again do you own a 63 or m5 or honda or what??? trying to figure out what reference point you're coming from with the m5 pumping and 63 dumping.. its also OK if you dont drive any of these and are just voicing your opinion...
Old 05-08-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E63 AMG wagon
Might not be able to beat new Hellcat's, Tuned M5's or 8 second carollas. However my 14' E63 Wagon was one of a kind at my local "Cars and Coffee" Not even a sedan showed up. While there were many exotics there was at least 2 of every car.

+1 for being exclusive.

Does TQ management suck? For sure! Is the car fast for a 4700# wagon? YES.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:23 PM
IB Staff

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Front page coverage

Figured the front page crowd would be interested too...
https://mbworld.org/articles/e63-lag...rt-of-the-car/
Old 05-21-2017, 03:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W126-500SEC
It's really a mutt's game, isn't it.

Used to be an AMG was one of the most exclusive vehicles you could get (W116 anyone ?). MB was already an exclusive brand, and for the discerning enthusiast you could have it all but rebuilt by AMG.

A W126 with a 6.0 32 valve, reworked suspension,a funky manual transmissions in an SLC, etc.

Now...well, you can find 10 Benzes on every street, get an 'AMG package' on any model (I just ordered one on a GLS diesel), an 'real' AMG on every model (yes, yo can get an AMG A class), and the engines are just the same as all the other ones with slightly tweaked turbos.

Could you imagine buying a Benz in 1975, bringing it to AMG to have it upgraded, driving it out and heading straight some tuner to have it 'tuned' ?

Once upon a time a Benz was special. An AMG was something you'd heard of. Maybe. Then the AMG's got more common. Now everyone owns one. So the owners are looking for something to make it exclusive again. So they go to tuners.

It's an marketing arms race. They don't make any sense. Don't try to find any.