extended warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 09:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by ajs76
More details needed on being banned. That's hilarious
I was looking for a car for my brother. On a bitterly cold January day I was in a nearby town and stopped by the Honda dealership. Told the salesman what I was looking for. He said he might have a car I would be interested in. He said a lady was mad that it wouldn't start and traded it in on a new Honda. He said they had just towed it from her house and it was on the back lot. I looked at the car and decided to make a low ball offer for it as is with the addition of a new battery. So we went inside and traded offers with the mandatory trips to the managers office for his counter offers. I figured it was about time for the manager to come talk to me and decided to go out for a smoke. Sure enough he comes out in a long sleeve shirt and starts to give me his lines. I thought this might be a good time to become a chain smoker. After I lit the 3rd one he gave up and went back to his office (he was shivering pretty bad). I decided it was about time for the their this is my final offer but it is only good for 24 hours line. So I walked into the salesman's office and sprang it on him first and walked out. It took me about an hour to drive home and when I got there I had a message on the new fangled answering machine I had just bought. It was the salesman saying he accepted my offer and to come and get the car. I picked up my brother and a set of plugs and points and went to get it. I went in to fill out the paper work and the manager came and told me there was no way they were going to sell me the car for that price. Needless to say I wasn't happy and I left. The next morning I called the dealership and asked to speak to the owner. I told him what had transpired and that I was going to file a complaint with the attorney general. He asked if I still had the message, told him yes and played it for him. He told me to come and get the car and I told him I already did that and this time he had to bring the car to me. Two hours later he shows up at my door. There is the car I bought and another car in my driveway and no tow truck. Seems like all the car needed was a little heat and a new battery. We finalized the deal on my coffee table. He stood up and told me never to step foot on his lot again as I had taken advantage of his salesman and left.
The following 2 users liked this post by LJMartin:
pamiboy (06-23-2017), Stereolab42 (06-14-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 E63
Uhhh, what the heck is a Monclair jacket?

I paid cash at the MB dealer for my E63 and about 20 bucks for my t shirts. Although I might have been dressed up that day with a golf shirt $40 bucks.

I'm sure the dealers selling the ELM for 3500 are making a decent profit. So the stores trying to sell it for 7k are just plain ripping people off.

Should anyone working at a MB dealer be able to buy a E63 wagon at say 120k? Is it really that hard to wash cars and fill out some paperwork? Is that a 200+k/yr job description?

Originally Posted by M5THIS
You guys talk about dealers making profit as if it was a deadly sin.
I am sure that all of us here make money doing a job we expect to get paid for...
take a step back and check out your Monclair jackets or anything else you buy and tell me what is the profit margin from it that you paid without asking questions.
next time you stop somewhere for gas and buy a bottle of water or gum think about the fact a convenience store makes a minimum 35% profit margin.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Moncler jacket...IMO, so ridiculously overpriced and not sure what all the hypes are about. I can't imagine it being able to perform any better than Columbia in terms of warm retension. It's unlikely mountaineers are wearing Moncler when trying to conquer brutal elements.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
What about canada goose jackets
Old 06-22-2017, 11:48 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
1993 964 C2, 1992 FJ80 Land Cruiser, 1971 Chevy C10 Cheyenne.....
Originally Posted by 03RSTT
Uhhh, what the heck is a Monclair jacket?

I paid cash at the MB dealer for my E63 and about 20 bucks for my t shirts. Although I might have been dressed up that day with a golf shirt $40 bucks.

I'm sure the dealers selling the ELM for 3500 are making a decent profit. So the stores trying to sell it for 7k are just plain ripping people off.

Should anyone working at a MB dealer be able to buy a E63 wagon at say 120k? Is it really that hard to wash cars and fill out some paperwork? Is that a 200+k/yr job description?
the moral of the story here is that everyone is entitled to make a profit the only problem is that when it comes to buying a car no one wants to let a dealer make a dime.... fair?? I don't think so at all.
when you go to buy a house you pay a broker a minimum 3% all he did was show you the house and of course there are more trades where ppl make money without any questions as to how much they pocket.
I would love for you to work at a dealership of your choice and tell me what a piece of cake it really is.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
13 E63
That is the moral of your story. To make a big gross on every deal.

Good for you.

"No one wants to let a dealer make a dime" please, how are all these stores keeping the lights on?

The funny thing is this. I'm actually the GM at a dealership. I can't afford to buy a new E63 wagon and no matter the challenges of day to day operations should salespeople or managers make 200k/yr. sorry that's my opinion. Save the entitlement speech as it rolls off my back.

Originally Posted by M5THIS
the moral of the story here is that everyone is entitled to make a profit the only problem is that when it comes to buying a car no one wants to let a dealer make a dime.... fair?? I don't think so at all.
when you go to buy a house you pay a broker a minimum 3% all he did was show you the house and of course there are more trades where ppl make money without any questions as to how much they pocket.
I would love for you to work at a dealership of your choice and tell me what a piece of cake it really is.

Last edited by 03RSTT; 06-23-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:33 AM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
1993 964 C2, 1992 FJ80 Land Cruiser, 1971 Chevy C10 Cheyenne.....
Originally Posted by 03RSTT
That is the moral of your story. To make a big gross on every deal.

Good for you.

"No one wants to let a dealer make a dime" please, how are all these stores keeping the lights on?

The funny thing is this. I'm actually the GM at a dealership. I can't afford to buy a new E63 wagon and no matter the challenges of day to day operations should salespeople or managers make 200k/yr. sorry that's my opinion. Save the entitlement speech as it rolls off my back.
GM @ a dealership impressive!!!! So how much do you make doing the least??? Less than $500,000 .
FYI, where I come from you don't work for free and yes a 2018 E63 wagon has my name ALL OVER IT.