B&O Bluetooth Poor Quality

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 E63S Wagon
B&O Bluetooth Poor Quality

Hi all,
I have a 2016 E63 wagon with Bang & Olufsen sound system on an NTG 5.1.
The sound quality over Bluetooth is average at best, negating the luxury of having a high quality audio system.

​​​​​
I know some may think that streaming over Bluetooth is not ideal to begin with but I've had great quality with other systems.
I've been looking for multiple solutions including the following:

Modifying Bluetooth stack on my Samsung S8 through rootConsidering adding carplay
Adding auxiliary cable (which is a very inelegant solution)

Other than committing to SD card/CD music play, has anyone found a solution for improved audio quality over Bluetooth, something I haven't thought about?
Thanks, I appreciate your time.
-Tammam

Last edited by Tbey; 07-23-2017 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2017, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 846 Likes on 594 Posts
E63S | X5
You basically listed your best options going to either a hard wire or card. There can be some semi-clean solutions with a cable and obviously the cards you can slip in. I dont, however, have a perfect wireless answer for you.

Is it noticeably different from something like sat radio / FM?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
I tried a BoVee media interface to bluetooth adapter and it sounds way better. Deep rich bass and no distortion. Downside was track selection didn't seem to work on Google play, however I could just tell my phone using Android auto. I tried an iPhone and Everything worked fine with it. Might be worth a shot for you.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16 E63S Wagon
Awesome, I will look into the BoVee

HDFM and Sat sound better than Bluetooth, although you can tell it's significantly lower bitrate.

Tentatively drawing up plans for a retrofit with an Arduino or Atom based system... I just want it to sound as nice as it costs lol

I'll keep you posted, thanks for the replies!
Old 07-26-2017, 11:41 PM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts
2014 E63 S
Bluetooth on these cars is crap -- need to plug your phone into the multimedia port to get good sound.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 111 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Tbey
Hi all,
I have a 2016 E63 wagon with Bang & Olufsen sound system on an NTG 5.1.
The sound quality over Bluetooth is average at best, negating the luxury of having a high quality audio system.

​​​​​
I know some may think that streaming over Bluetooth is not ideal to begin with but I've had great quality with other systems.
I've been looking for multiple solutions including the following:

Modifying Bluetooth stack on my Samsung S8 through rootConsidering adding carplay
Adding auxiliary cable (which is a very inelegant solution)

Other than committing to SD card/CD music play, has anyone found a solution for improved audio quality over Bluetooth, something I haven't thought about?
Thanks, I appreciate your time.
-Tammam
Is the B&O system a lot better than HK? Was wondering if it’s worth the extra $5k.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:46 PM

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
14 GL550; 14 E63s
I have a 2014 GL550 with the H&K and my 2014 E63 has the B&O. Granted, different interiors, but I'd say the B&O is slightly better. I bought this car pre-owned so it already had it, but I would order it again if I had the option. My only gripe is that the sub takes up the wheel well for the spare so the spare sits in my garage now.

I find when using Spotify Premium, the bluetooth sounds fine. I would say it's equal to my USB stick audio. My only issue with the bluetooth is it randomly cuts out from time to time. It's only for a split second, but kind of annoying. The GL does it too so probably just an issue with MB's bluetooth.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
I use cable only. Tried with HK and BO and the difference in sound is big. I use BT only for phone calls.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 111 Posts
E63s AMG
Originally Posted by Shellbmb
I have a 2014 GL550 with the H&K and my 2014 E63 has the B&O. Granted, different interiors, but I'd say the B&O is slightly better. I bought this car pre-owned so it already had it, but I would order it again if I had the option. My only gripe is that the sub takes up the wheel well for the spare so the spare sits in my garage now.

I find when using Spotify Premium, the bluetooth sounds fine. I would say it's equal to my USB stick audio. My only issue with the bluetooth is it randomly cuts out from time to time. It's only for a split second, but kind of annoying. The GL does it too so probably just an issue with MB's bluetooth.
So there should be more base than HK because of the Sub in the spare.