MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   Powerhaus / Tial turbos for sale, out of 2014 E63 (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/681453-powerhaus-tial-turbos-sale-out-2014-e63.html)

e65 09-05-2017 07:05 AM

Powerhaus / Tial turbos for sale, out of 2014 E63

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...898a2997fa.jpg
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...13fcdac305.jpg
I sent these turbos to Weistec, they did compressor wheel upgrade (W.3). I was unhappy with the performance.

I read this thread: (google search "powerhaus b-e-n-z-b-o-o-s-t", the certain words are blocked by mbworld)

http://www.*********.com/content.php...-at-same-boost

claiming 100whp+ gain over W3 turbos at same boost, with addition of methanol injection. So I sent these to Powerhaus for turbine wheel upgrade. I believe they got the work done by Tialsport.

After installation, my motor required a rebuild. Cylinder gouges from detonation. Could have been bad gas (sitting in tank for over 6 months) - I cannot rule out a tuning issue. In retrospect perhaps I should have done methanol injection kit at the time.

My reason for selling, when I got my engine rebuilt at GAD, they replaced with their own turbos.

These turbos are essentially brand new, used less than 1 mile, with factory housing ready to bolt in. They will need to be tuned, you may check with Powerhaus what they will charge for that, or get them custom tuned on a dyno.

KLR CLS 09-05-2017 07:40 AM

How much are you asking?

Vegetax 09-05-2017 11:17 AM

+1 for price!

e65 09-05-2017 12:43 PM

I would be happy to get 5K for them shipped. I put 8k + 9k, the cost of being a guinea pig I guess.

An advantage with these is you don't have to send in a core and wait for your turbos to get upgraded. That can take many months despite promises of 1 to 2 weeks, in my case 4 months the first time and 2 months the next time. This adds hugely to the downtime. The first time I got my car back I couldn't need remember how to put it in reverse anymore :)

KLR CLS 09-05-2017 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by e65 (Post 7257368)
I would be happy to get 5K for them shipped. I put 8k + 9k, the cost of being a guinea pig I guess.

An advantage with these is you don't have to send in a core and wait for your turbos to get upgraded. That can take many months despite promises of 1 to 2 weeks, in my case 4 months the first time and 2 months the next time. This adds hugely to the downtime. The first time I got my car back I couldn't need remember how to put it in reverse anymore :)

Agreed. Bump for a good deal.

chiromikey 09-05-2017 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by KLR CLS (Post 7257602)
Agreed. Bump for a good deal.

What's going on with your turbo build? Were you able to break through the performance barrier?

Michael Mailhot 09-06-2017 09:46 AM

Ballbearing like ams ? Hot and cold side upgrade or only the cold side like weistec do?

e65 09-06-2017 01:01 PM

Hot and cold side both Wheels have been upgraded. Journal bearing.

e65 10-07-2017 05:13 PM

sold

e65 01-10-2019 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by e65 (Post 7280590)
sold

Correction. Shipped to buyer, no payment received.

E63_SauceGod 01-10-2019 07:44 PM

what you got beat? by whom? you should put them on blast bro

brfatal 01-10-2019 08:11 PM

Why ship without payment?

e65 01-10-2019 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by brfatal (Post 7651121)
Why ship without payment?

Because Solo Motorsports had a 4.9/5 rating on google reviews with hundreds of happy customers. They requested my turbos ASAP. They have a good reputation online and are known on this forum, so I trusted them.

I shipped the turbos to b0kix 2017. I'm still in disbelief that they decided to stall for time, delay, then go dead silent and not pay. Who in their right mind would ruin their company's reputation like that. It was inconceivable, and for what for $3,500? Even more unbelievable is that Boris is still posting promotions for solo Motorsports on mbworld.

I don't know if they're a sponsor they should be banned.

b0kix 01-10-2019 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by e65 (Post 7651188)
Because Solo Motorsports had a 4.9/5 rating on google reviews with hundreds of happy customers. They requested my turbos ASAP. They have a good reputation online and are known on this forum, so I trusted them.

I shipped the turbos to b0kix 2017. I'm still in disbelief that they decided to stall for time, delay, then go dead silent and not pay. Who in their right mind would ruin their company's reputation like that. It was inconceivable, and for what for $3,500? Even more unbelievable is that Boris is still posting promotions for solo Motorsports on mbworld.

I don't know if they're a sponsor they should be banned.

Really? I have 0 phone calls from you. 0 emails and 0 PM.🤷*♂️ I think you should really contact me before posting anything on the public forum. Turbos I got from you where bad, started smoking right after I installed them. I would never ditch someone for $3500. Please contact me directly you have my phone number. 👍

S63AMG888 01-10-2019 10:39 PM

Wow, was just emailing Boris at Solo yesterday enquiring about the ECV for my S63. That is some shady business practice. Hope you get it squared away with them to your satisfaction.

1MavRick 01-10-2019 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 (Post 7651212)
Wow, was just emailing Boris at Solo yesterday enquiring about the ECV for my S63. That is some shady business practice. Hope you get it squared away with them to your satisfaction.

yeah. thats a really bad look...

e65 01-11-2019 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by b0kix (Post 7651209)
Really? I have 0 phone calls from you. 0 emails and 0 PM.🤷*♂️ I think you should really contact me before posting anything on the public forum. Turbos I got from you where bad, started smoking right after I installed them. I would never ditch someone for $3500. Please contact me directly you have my phone number. 👍

I searched the internet for anyone who might take these turbos. Unfortunately for you, I decided to send them your way. Nothing personal it could have been anybody - I had to choose someone. The reason I did not call, email, or PM you, I was afraid you might say no. So I just shipped them to you and crossed my fingers. My situation was getting desperate - Mercedes performance parts were accumulating in my garage, I could no longer turn a blind eye to it, doing nothing was no longer an option, I had to act! I hope you can understand.

Jokes aside - if you had told me that my turbos failed l would not have expected payment nor would I post about this. If I had already received payment I would have returned all of it. I would have got in touch with Powerhaus to let them know their product failed and maybe arranged for them to inspect the result for their own edification.

If my turbos were no good, then I consider the matter settled.

b0kix 01-11-2019 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by e65 (Post 7651264)
I searched the internet for anyone who might take these turbos. Unfortunately for you, I decided to send them your way. Nothing personal it could have been anybody - I had to choose someone. The reason I did not call, email, or PM you, I was afraid you might say no. So I just shipped them to you and crossed my fingers. My situation was getting desperate - Mercedes performance parts were accumulating in my garage, I could no longer turn a blind eye to it, doing nothing was no longer an option, I had to act! I hope you can understand.

Jokes aside - if you had told me that my turbos failed l would not have expected payment nor would I post about this. If I had already received payment I would have returned all of it. I would have got in touch with Powerhaus to let them know their product failed and maybe arranged for them to inspect the result for their own edification.

If my turbos were no good, then I consider the matter settled.

Look, like I said you never called me or contact me. If I would pay for the turbos and the faild I would contact you regarding a refund right away but I never paid for them and I got cought up with work and you never contact me it seems like you had no interest for turbos or your money. Maybe you knew there where bad? Dont think that's the case but you see my point? I still like to settle with you, just call me ? Really no reason to post here.
in case you dont have my number PM me or email me.

Thanks

BlownV8 01-11-2019 09:09 PM

Even if bad, don't they still have value since they can be rebuilt? Last time I looked, Pureturbos charges $3,500 for the cores.

e65 01-11-2019 09:22 PM

If they really were bad, I would still let them go for free considering all the wasted labor for installing them and having to remove them repair them etc. To be honest I dont know what to believe. It could be true but I have no way of knowing that.

b0kix 01-11-2019 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 7651952)
Even if bad, don't they still have value since they can be rebuilt? Last time I looked, Pureturbos charges $3,500 for the cores.

correct they do. but there was a lot of labor pulling the motor out twice and the car was sitting on the lift for two weeks.

b0kix 01-12-2019 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by e65 (Post 7651967)
If they really were bad, I would still let them go for free considering all the wasted labor for installing them and having to remove them repair them etc. To be honest I dont know what to believe. It could be true but I have no way of knowing that.

yes the where really bad I didnt had time to contact you and I was frustrated with the whole situation but at the same time I did not send any money. look man just contact me directly about this we figure a way for both of us to be happy.

RaceHorse 01-12-2019 07:32 AM

There are always 3 sides to a story, and it's funny NEITHER of you held each other accountable. Let's all take a lesson in street smarts and try to learn a little common sense.

Real simple, never send anything without money, talk is cheap. Turbos are sent for free with a chance of being bad, suggest having them refreshed before install. Wrong from seller.

Shop spends time doing install should send video proof immediately saying "I'm not paying for this junk" I just wasted my time R/R the motor. Wrong of buyer.

Ignoring it until being called out is no excuse, busy or not it's principle. That the chance you take buying something used, there is risk involved for a discounted price. Buying at the price of cores should have been more reason to take a closer look.

Real simple, if you didn't want the chance of having dirty laundry aired on the public forums, you should have contacted the seller immediately stating they where junk. Hard to prove and it only makes you look bad.

That's my 2 cents without a "horse" in the race. Hopefully you can come to a fair resolution, and if the turbo build was bad prevent others from a bad build. Good luck gentlemen.

e65 01-12-2019 11:58 AM

Racehorse, if by 3rd side of the story you mean to say I'm hiding something, the read my ad, 1st post and it will be apparent to you that that I don't hide things. I sell in good faith. I make full disclosure. My car had maybe 8000 miles on the odometer, the turbos almost brand new. Not sure what component could have failed simultaneously on BOTH turbos.

I don't cheat anyone. When I sell I don't hide anything.

I purchased carbon-ceramic brakes on this forum from Melvin Chiang and made partial payment. He sold the same set to multiple buyers. I am out $7000. Whether you send payment first or send product first it's a risk either way.

I bought Weistec exhaust for $6000+, it would not fit properly in my car and they would not take it back. When I left a negative review they claim that I used it for 9 months before complaining about it. Straight up lie.

You say NEITHER of us held the other accountable. I posted what happened, is that not me him accountable?

RaceHorse 01-12-2019 01:07 PM

Hey man, sorry to hear you got burned on the other parts. Its frustrating to see this type of stuff happen, even worse to be involved. You are right there are scammers out there, its hard to feel safe without credit card protection, even then you need to act fast and aggressive.

However, to read your response and willingness to accept that the turbos failed so quickly made it hard to think there may be more to the picture. I know if it were me installing them you would have heard from me immediately stating that I will not be paying for them since the are shot, noisy, not building boost or what ever was wrong. If they were sent out in decent condition, I'd expect you to call BS.

Hard to know what happened after so much time. Its too bad you didn't get a response sooner.

Good luck moving forward, hopefully you have better dealings with others.