Sponsored by:

In a 6 car crash - need advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 06:40 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
Originally Posted by AMGNEEDSPEED
Thanks for your inputs, the Toyota 4Runner was in front of me and the black Honda Civic was the one that was behind me which hit me.

I would like to note that a lawsuit didn’t even cross my mind. although it might need to happen if the the head rest are not supposed to popped out like on both of the front seat headrest. My second question I supposed is that if the headrest are supposed to be some kind of safety feature which I don’t see how popping out like that during maybe a 5mph impact didn’t deploy the rear airbags which I supposed to be a luxury feature as an Mercedes AMG owner?

I guess it really comes down to is the headrest supposed to popped like it did on both seats and why the rear airbags didn’t deploy when the headrest popped.

What are your thought? My thought is if I had a chance in the development and manufacturing process this is consider the not within norm. Do you guys want your headrest to pop out during rear impact that low rate?

Thanks.
The head rest very likely (i.e. 99%<certainty) worked as designed and probably saved you of a bigger whiplash. In this type of accident the airbags would have been deployed if the rear impact had bent the crumbling members sensors and had met the necessary Gs.
Old 02-26-2018, 06:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Well I’m changing my position on these headrests. I just had I very minor accident where I was hit from behind and I honestly believe the headrest deployment has caused more soft tissue injury than the accident would have. These may help in situations with much more force at impact but at low speeds they need some calibration or improvements.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:35 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Originally Posted by chiromikey
Well I’m changing my position on these headrests. I just had I very minor accident where I was hit from behind and I honestly believe the headrest deployment has caused more soft tissue injury than the accident would have. These may help in situations with much more force at impact but at low speeds they need some calibration or improvements.
My point when my accident happened was that the headrest pooped about 2 seconds after impact and that was my problem because it seemed like my wife and I had 2 diiferent whiplash from that accident. Have been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for the pass 3 months or so.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:37 PM
Banned

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
2017 W222 AMG S63 Sedan.
Headrest airbag failures

Originally Posted by chiromikey
My point when my accident happened was that the headrest pooped about 2 seconds after impact and that was my problem because it seemed like my wife and I had 2 diiferent whiplash from that accident. Have been going to the chiropractor 3 times a week for the pass 3 months or so.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:21 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
2015 E63 - Current, 2012 E550 - Current, 2019 Audi Q7 3.0T - current
Originally Posted by AMGNEEDSPEED

Not to change the topic but what camera systems do you have in the car that you were able to catch all this? I'm looking for something similar