Sponsored by:

Price for 2014 E63 S Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GL550
Price for 2014 E63 S Wagon

Looking for some input. What would be a market price and a good price on a 2014 E63 S wagon?

Black, 25,000 miles, driver assist pkg, parking pkg, keyless go.

thanks!
Old 11-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts
2014 E63 AMG wagon
Originally Posted by Dalema
Looking for some input. What would be a market price and a good price on a 2014 E63 S wagon?

Black, 25,000 miles, driver assist pkg, parking pkg, keyless go.

thanks!
bout 75k
Old 11-03-2017, 02:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
75k seems high for a 2014. I am thinking 55-65k with that mileage
Old 11-03-2017, 03:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E63S Wagon
75k is about right for a wagon with those options and mileage. Maybe 2-3k more for a CPO.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:40 PM

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC63
With these cars, it's all about condition and history. Miles are good for sure, particularly for a 2014, but what's the condition? Has it been hit? Paintwork? Tracked? Driven like mad or driven like a grandma, or do you even know? Who is selling it, a PP or dealer? Is it CPO? How many owners? All of these factors, and more, go into the price not just for this particular car but really any high performance vehicle.

If it's in great condition, MMR is right around 73K, though surprisingly MMR is deducting for black. The marketplace 'seems' to be centered around the 75-78K mark though there's a few cars near 80K. However, if the history is poor, or if the condition isn't there, everything changes. I've seen terrible cars go thru Manheim and MB On Demand in the low 60s, one even went thru for 45K though it had very high miles (if you look you can find it pretty easily, it's still for sale go figure).

Keeping in mind often-insane dealer markups on these cars, I'd agree that 75K +/- is market, if you can get it CPO even better. A good price would be lower 70s.

Note that in my ~nine month hunt for my car I only encountered one that DIDN'T have the driver's assist pkg, it happens to be the car I bought, so I wouldn't give any weight to that option with respect to price. CCBs seem to be the only option that's bringing any money in the used marketplace.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:22 AM

GL550
Originally Posted by Savage212
bout 75k
Originally Posted by kponti
75k seems high for a 2014. I am thinking 55-65k with that mileage
Originally Posted by sheeyo
75k is about right for a wagon with those options and mileage. Maybe 2-3k more for a CPO.
Originally Posted by goodmaj
With these cars, it's all about condition and history. Miles are good for sure, particularly for a 2014, but what's the condition? Has it been hit? Paintwork? Tracked? Driven like mad or driven like a grandma, or do you even know? Who is selling it, a PP or dealer? Is it CPO? How many owners? All of these factors, and more, go into the price not just for this particular car but really any high performance vehicle.

If it's in great condition, MMR is right around 73K, though surprisingly MMR is deducting for black. The marketplace 'seems' to be centered around the 75-78K mark though there's a few cars near 80K. However, if the history is poor, or if the condition isn't there, everything changes. I've seen terrible cars go thru Manheim and MB On Demand in the low 60s, one even went thru for 45K though it had very high miles (if you look you can find it pretty easily, it's still for sale go figure).

Keeping in mind often-insane dealer markups on these cars, I'd agree that 75K +/- is market, if you can get it CPO even better. A good price would be lower 70s.

Note that in my ~nine month hunt for my car I only encountered one that DIDN'T have the driver's assist pkg, it happens to be the car I bought, so I wouldn't give any weight to that option with respect to price. CCBs seem to be the only option that's bringing any money in the used marketplace.
Thanks for all the input! I had been looking at sedans (still have one on my short list) when I saw this one. It would require a short flight for me to see it in person (have asked for detailed photos but it’s just not the same) - hence my questions before doing that.

its at a non-Mercedes dealer, so you are right - I don’t know how it was driven.

My research suggests it’s a single owner in SoCal with no major accidents, bought around 8 or 9/2014.

Question - if previously CPOed would that pass thru to me if purchased from a non-MB dealer? I ask as I know it doesn’t for Porsches (thru private sale it does).

its just over $70K in the SoCal area - so seems like a reasonable deal. Maybe I should post the VIN up here in case it was someone’s former car. Goodmaj - maybe you could look it up for me, seems like you access to some tools.
Old 11-04-2017, 12:00 PM

2020 GLC63
Do you have a link to the location?
Old 11-04-2017, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
CPO warranty is transferable, but only in private party transactions. If the CPO car is traded or sold to any dealer, the warranty is no longer valid.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Is this the wagon at CarMax? Looks like it’s already gone from their website.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:25 AM

GL550
Originally Posted by Chappy
Is this the wagon at CarMax? Looks like it’s already gone from their website.
Yes - this was at CarMax in SoCal, now on its way up to the Bay Area so I can look at it and decide whether to buy it. Hard to tell conditions in photos.

Wondering if anyone on here maybe a former owner or know the former owner?

From what I can tell it was born 8/2014 and sold by either MB of Long Beach or MB of Beverly Hills. It was always serviced at MB of Beverly Hills.

Last 6 of the VIN is: 999486

Also if anyone has an unlimited CarFax would love any information. From CarCheck it looks to have no issues.

Thanks!
Old 11-06-2017, 09:53 AM

GL550
CCBs seem to be the only option that's bringing any money in the used marketplace.
How do people feel about the CCBs? While I know they are supposed to have superior stopping power (maybe wasted in everyday driving) and help with the brake dust, I’d be somewhat afraid of the cost of replacement - particularly if the rotors are or get damaged.

Are they more of a liability than a good thing when buying used?
Old 11-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
E90 M3
The wagon I bought recently had CCBs. At 16k miles, I had the rotors measured and there is almost no wear, and pad wear is reasonable. For a DD with occasional spirited driving, they should last the practical life of the car. Even at higher miles, there are companies that typically offer iron rotor replacements, and another company that offers to recondition CC rotors for much less than the cost of replacement. For best feel and low noise, they should be properly bedded. I would't let them scare you away from a car, and agree with others that they seem to bring a premium relative to a comparable car with stock brakes.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Note that in my ~nine month hunt for my car I only encountered one that DIDN'T have the driver's assist pkg, it happens to be the car I bought...
Speaking of which... how is that car?
I saw a dark grey W212 wagon (parked next to CTS-V wagon) parked in a driveway this weekend and I got nostalgic!
Cheers
Old 11-06-2017, 03:03 PM

2020 GLC63
Originally Posted by 24Hours
Speaking of which... how is that car?
I saw a dark grey W212 wagon (parked next to CTS-V wagon) parked in a driveway this weekend and I got nostalgic!
Cheers
Geez, sounds like a home for rare mainstream variants. Was there a 2003 RS6 also?

What was, turns out correctly, marketed as a "driver's car" by it's previous owner is doing very well. It likes the new rubber.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Yes - this was at CarMax in SoCal, now on its way up to the Bay Area so I can look at it and decide whether to buy it. Hard to tell conditions in photos.

Wondering if anyone on here maybe a former owner or know the former owner?

From what I can tell it was born 8/2014 and sold by either MB of Long Beach or MB of Beverly Hills. It was always serviced at MB of Beverly Hills.

Last 6 of the VIN is: 999486

Also if anyone has an unlimited CarFax would love any information. From CarCheck it looks to have no issues.

Thanks!
Back on the site....you didn’t like it?
Old 11-12-2017, 11:25 AM

GL550
Originally Posted by Chappy
Back on the site....you didn’t like it?
Think it was a system glitch (I’m hoping) - haven’t seen it yet!
Old 11-14-2017, 02:39 PM

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63 S (white wagon), 2016 Viper ACR Extreme, 2005 Porsche GT3 Cup race car,2020 GLE

Might sell mine insanely loaded and 52,000 miles
Old 11-19-2017, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Think it was a system glitch (I’m hoping) - haven’t seen it yet!
Did you end up passing on the wagon?
Old 11-21-2017, 02:06 AM

GL550
Yes - number of issues with the paint. Couple of other items I wasn’t sure if normal. Heavy grooves around brake rotor (and lip). Transmission kicked down with a real thunk. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
991.2 GT3 RS; '18 AMG Wagon
It seems to me like wagon prices are up since I bought mine this past July? I just checked autotrader and prices are steeeeep

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...es=WAGON&Log=0

Last edited by cprx7; 11-27-2017 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
With the Sport Turismo panamera coming out soon, these 3YO+ CPO wagon prices should be dropping like flies. Can't wait to pick one up next year when the '15s come off leases.
Old 12-10-2017, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E63 AMG S Wagon, Lexus RX, Ferrari F355

Interesting discussion.

I have a 2015 E63 S AMG wagon with 23k miles I'm considering selling. The car has ever option except rear entertainment and CCBs. MSRP was 125,600. Zero paint work, 4 new tires and a custom made OEM carbon fiber steering wheel (original is included)

Mine me is an interesting case because it was a California car, and was a dealer buy back. In CA, if you bring a car under warranty for the same issues 3 times, the manufacturer is required by law to buy it back. The prior owner said he heard a rattling noise when going over bumps. Apparently a lot of people use this loophole to get out of a car in CA. The dealer couldn't locate it and the rest is history.

I bought it from Manheim for 80k, plus fees less than a year ago, and quickly identified the source of the rattle. The passenger side door carbon fiber trim was loose. My MB dealer replaced it and it hasn't made a sound over the last 8k miles. It's still under warranty and it is my understanding can be renewed by MBUSA.

What do you guys think I should ask if I decide to list it?
Old 12-11-2017, 02:28 PM

2020 GLC63
Not to be Debbie Downer, because I'm sure your car is fantastic, but the fact it was a lemon law car is problematic. If the Carfax and/or Autocheck reports have been "branded" with it being a lemon law car, all bets are off. Understand that the story behind the branding is pretty innocent, and I have no doubt that you're correct, but the next buyer isn't going to care about that story, all they're going to see is a branded history report.

As an example, consider the blue 2016 that's been at A Better Way Wholesale for a very, very long time - at least a year. They started it in the 90s and then came down to 80K....where it has sat for many, many months. It's a lemon law car that has also been hit, so it's a little different than yours, but both have branded history reports.

You definitely should get the answer to the extended warranty question from MBUSA. I thought that lemon law cars were not eligible for MBUSA extended warranties, but I could be wrong. Also, if you sell it, I wouldn't mention how you bought it. It's very likely it went to Manheim over a year ago because of the branding situation, and the mere fact that it went to auction could turn off some buyers - "why wouldn't a dealer keep this car since it's so rare, is there something wrong with it?"

I hate to say it, but IMO, for this car, the history and provenance means everything. Just spitballing, and please don't get offended, but if you're asking what you should list it at, I would say 70K to start but be prepared to accept closer to 50K. You might be better off selling it to Carmax or getting a dealer friend to run it back through Manheim.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
e63 p30 estate
^ I wouldn't touch a lemon'd car -- cause I'm in Cali -- even at half off. glws on that one. I mean, it drives great, why wouldn't you just keep it?
Old 12-13-2017, 03:00 PM

2020 GLC63
Originally Posted by TonyC
^ I wouldn't touch a lemon'd car -- cause I'm in Cali -- even at half off. glws on that one. I mean, it drives great, why wouldn't you just keep it?
+1 on keeping it until the delta between the lemon law value and market value gets smaller.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.