Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63AMG
accelaration vibration on w212 e63 amg

Hello guys,
I have read many posts, because i have the same problem, but there is no result
When i accelarate- i feel vibration from gas pedal, also i feel strange vibration/shaking from transmission (under of driver and passenger center), i have changed all mounts engine and transmissions, also i changed spark plugs, oil filter and oil....
This feeling comes ONLY when i am accelarating from 0 in low rpm,
I thought it was transmission torque, but my car is not under warranty and i dont want to loose money if its not
does anyone have the same problem? i think it is ignition coils, maybe im not the onely one person who has the same problem
i check, in C/S/S+/M - same problem. When i turn in R and go in back, this vibration is coming again ...
if its torque convertor and frictions are damaged, why it comes in when i starting accelaration 1st , 2rd , R - gear ?
Old 03-21-2018, 06:22 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 CLS63 S AMG
I had a very similar issue to this but I always chalked it up to the AWD system feeling kind of choppy/bumpy when accelerating at WOT. I did just get my car back from the dealership about an ignition coil and misfire CEL. A majority of it was gone and I took a look at the other cylinder head's coils, tightened them and regapped my plugs. No stumble at idle and it accelerates much smoother as well. That choppiness/rumble was not nearly as apparent. I hate to toss another culprit at you but your ignition coils and plugs may be the answer. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2012 E63 AMG Wagon
Originally Posted by oo630oo
if its torque convertor and frictions are damaged, why it comes in when i starting accelaration 1st , 2rd , R - gear ?
The W212/722.9 transmission doesn't have a torque converter, MCT is a multiple wet clutch. I have the same stumbling feeling under acceleration and am going to change plugs and gap since I'm due. As suggested, next item is coils but apparently it can be simply worn coil boots that are allowing current to escape, rather than the coil itself. The boots are sold separately too.

Last edited by amgggg...; 03-21-2018 at 09:37 AM. Reason: typo