Cant get iphone contacts to upload to my 2015

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Cant get iphone contacts to upload to my 2015

So I had zero problem getting my contacts to upload to my 2011, my wife's 2013 GLK, or 2 different loaners from the dealer that were 2017 and 18. But for some reason I cant get it to work on my new 2015. Searched the manual and digital manual. Also looked around on this sight without much luck.

Anybody else have this issue? Is there a trick to make it work?

everytime I get to the prompt "upload from iphone" I press it then after a few seconds it just comes back and says "0 contacts". Huh?

I certainly have more than zero contacts.

The phone works through the bt connection as well as my music from the iphone. But not contacts.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance fellas.
Old 04-21-2018, 08:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned

Try this in your phone
Old 04-22-2018, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Peter,

checked the settings and they matched what you show. Just wont upload contacts. Keeps saying "0 received" wont upload contacts from wife's phone either.

Again, never had this issue with our other MB's or loaners. Looking like something is wrong with command system.

Anybody have any other ideas? Pretty annoying.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 AM
Out Of Control!!

One other thing is to delete the phone from Benz and hard reset the iPhone then re-add the phone to Benz

re pair it, that is

Old 04-23-2018, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 Mercedes e63 PP, 2012 Porsche Cayenne S
I also have this issue. It worked when I first got the car but one of Apple's updates must have messed it up. I did not try deleting the phone and starting over so I will give that a go.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Vinmar9
I also have this issue. It worked when I first got the car but one of Apple's updates must have messed it up. I did not try deleting the phone and starting over so I will give that a go.
and delete the Benz from iPhone Bluetooth list then hard reset

also vrod does your wife's phone work with the 2015 E63S? Does hers upload the contacts?
Old 04-23-2018, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PeterUbers

and delete the Benz from iPhone Bluetooth list then hard reset

also vrod does your wife's phone work with the 2015 E63S? Does hers upload the contacts?
ah! Caught you Peter.

Didn't read the post in full. Lol. Messin with ya. As I mentioned, her phone wont work either. Both of our phones without any effort downloaded to the 2018 E300 loaner I have for my 2011 (original Eve).

Btw, she is back at the dealer. Had her for 2 days and she stranded me on the freeway going to work. #7 coil shorted to ground which blew the fuse for the entire ignition system. Gets worse though! When that happened, raw fuel was sent to the white hot cats and ignited sending flames out the exhaust. Damn, I wish I had a video of that! So while on phone with road side, A FIRE ENGINE PULLED UP BEHIND ME WITH LIGHTS AND BLOCKED OFF A LANE! They said someone called in flames coming out of a Mercedes. Lmao.

When the fuel ignited in cats it also blew them apart. So now now old Eva needs new cats too! AND HENCE THE DECISION BECAME EASY TO BUY THE NEW 2015!

Good news is that the 3rd party warranty is paying again. So between the axle, the spun rod bearing, and this latest event, they are out about $30k !!!

Best $4k I ever spent.

All of this last bit prolly shoulda been in a different thread I suppose. Oh well.

I actually hard reset the entire command system and that didnt work either. My SA said to just swing by and he will get one of his techy experts to look at it. Pretty sure its the car that has the issue.

I will update when I know more.

Cheers.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Vrodman

ah! Caught you Peter.

Didn't read the post in full. Lol. Messin with ya. As I mentioned, her phone wont work either. Both of our phones without any effort downloaded to the 2018 E300 loaner I have for my 2011 (original Eve).

Btw, she is back at the dealer. Had her for 2 days and she stranded me on the freeway going to work. #7 coil shorted to ground which blew the fuse for the entire ignition system. Gets worse though! When that happened, raw fuel was sent to the white hot cats and ignited sending flames out the exhaust. Damn, I wish I had a video of that! So while on phone with road side, A FIRE ENGINE PULLED UP BEHIND ME WITH LIGHTS AND BLOCKED OFF A LANE! They said someone called in flames coming out of a Mercedes. Lmao.

When the fuel ignited in cats it also blew them apart. So now now old Eva needs new cats too! AND HENCE THE DECISION BECAME EASY TO BUY THE NEW 2015!

Good news is that the 3rd party warranty is paying again. So between the axle, the spun rod bearing, and this latest event, they are out about $30k !!!

Best $4k I ever spent.

All of this last bit prolly shoulda been in a different thread I suppose. Oh well.

I actually hard reset the entire command system and that didnt work either. My SA said to just swing by and he will get one of his techy experts to look at it. Pretty sure its the car that has the issue.

I will update when I know more.

Cheers.

glad youre alive !!!!

you should make a sticky of this credit union warranty you have ... it is HANDS DOWN the best deal ever!!

they say ... you can own an amg out of warranty no problem!!! Just do your own wrenching they say lolololololol

maybe they will just update the command software
Old 04-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Just checked mine:

These are my settings

All my contacts still accessible

Mine don't upload either but I have full access to all my contacts as you can see
Old 04-27-2018, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

UPDATE:

I rolled by the dealer this morning and their best techy got in the car with me and GOT IT WORKING!!

Basically, I had to remove the MB connection from the phone completely then re-pair it, and then update the settings with "notifications on". After that sequence, the contacts all came up! YAAAAAAAY

So there you have it. Thanks to everybody who tried to help.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Vrodman
I rolled by the dealer this morning and their best techy got in the car with me and GOT IT WORKING!!

Basically, I had to remove the MB connection from the phone completely then re-pair it, and then update the settings with "notifications on". After that sequence, the contacts all came up! YAAAAAAAY

So there you have it. Thanks to everybody who tried to help.
lol

so what I said above

glad it's working