Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 137 Posts
2015 E63s AMG, 2020 GLC 43 AMG
Replica Wheels, Opinions?

Hey Guys,

I see these various wheel sets on Ebay for roughly $700/set !! They look identical. As a Mechanical Engineer I realize that powder coat quality might be less than OEM. However, at this price, they are almost throw aways! Lol Anybody have info as to how legit these guys are? Description on Ebay says manufacturer is Aftermarket Products. Likely a Chinese company at this price.

The set I saw is the set on my car, the 10 spoke black with machined lip.

Also, while at the dealer yesterday, I saw the new black wheels on the GT that were also on a new C63. I liked the look of these wheels. Not sure what they are called. But if price is right I might be interested in putting these on the new 2015. Curious to here your opinions.

Cheers!

Old 04-28-2018, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by Vrodman
Hey Guys,

I see these various wheel sets on Ebay for roughly $700/set !! They look identical. As a Mechanical Engineer I realize that powder coat quality might be less than OEM. However, at this price, they are almost throw aways! Lol Anybody have info as to how legit these guys are? Description on Ebay says manufacturer is Aftermarket Products. Likely a Chinese company at this price.

The set I saw is the set on my car, the 10 spoke black with machined lip.

Also, while at the dealer yesterday, I saw the new black wheels on the GT that were also on a new C63. I liked the look of these wheels. Not sure what they are called. But if price is right I might be interested in putting these on the new 2015. Curious to here your opinions.

Cheers!

I honestly wouldn't even consider the rep. wheels. I remember a while back here in the W212 forum, there was others considering the rep. and said it bends easy. You would be endangering you and your family on rep. wheels especially well they are wheels that might cause a crash.

$700 for a SET of wheels that can't even buy 1 OEM wheel so the quality and material will not be able to withstand the roads here in Cali.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
The only replica wheel company I would consider is from this:
https://www.replika.ca/default.aspx?lang=en-US
You will need to import them in from Canada. I wouldn't consider them high-performance wheels, but they are really strong and solid as winter wheels. I have a set myself with winter tires on them. I think many use them as such in Canada.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 286 Likes on 240 Posts
2010 E63 AMG, 2003 E500
I personally think some of these replica wheels get a bad rap from people unjustifiably.
The usual comments are basically second hand knowledge - "heard they bend easily."
When you think about it, these replica wheels are priced similarly to various entry level rims from popular manufacturers like TSW, Konig, Moda, etc.
The huge markup on AMG wheels is just that - paying extra for the name.
Go through these forums and you'll hear countless stories of real AMG rims bending.
I'm not saying all replica wheels are created equal or that some of them are not junk.
Just think it's a mistake to write them all off without doing a little more research.

​​

Last edited by Bahnstormer; 04-29-2018 at 09:12 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bahnstormer:
cotmfk (11-30-2021), Johnyturbo (03-06-2021)
Old 04-29-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
2016 E63 AMG-S, 2007 FERRARI 430, 2001 JEEP WRANGLER 60TH ANNI. EDITION SOLD 2011 E550 4matic
OEM, MB dealer authentic genuine straight from Europe unlike U.S. much cheaper than stealerships, MB dealers will sell remanufactured wheels as new.
below how it works. (PM me and I can direct to the company mention my name.)
Wheel manufacturer > Daimler Global Logistics Center (GLC Germersheim) > Cologne Logistics Centre (LC) > Mercedes-Benz dealer > "COMPANY> UPS > you

And if you bought parts from your local dealer it would be:
Parts manufacturer > Daimler Global Logistics Center (GLC Germersheim) > Daimler USA Logistics center > Mercedes-Benz dealer > you

AMG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Daimler AG. They don't have any facilities in Affalterbach to make wheels. They are all made under license by BBS, Ronal, OZ-racing, Stahlschmidt Maiworm etc

dealers try to confuse you into buying from them. Any exchange items (ie manufacturer refurbished) have a part number suffix that denotes they are such (80 or 87).

Here's an example for a diesel injector:

The trading of wheel cores is a USA thing, it doesn’t happen in Europe. Never seen remanufactured Mercedes or AMG wheels being offered through dealers in Europe.

So, if you want a remanufactured wheel then buy from your dealer

Last edited by MaschioneCazzuto; 04-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C300
Bekkers Wheels

Has anyone had positive experience with Bekker wheels?
Old 12-02-2021, 02:14 PM

Received 595 Likes on 267 Posts
poop
No comment of the replicas... But the OEM wheels are extremely easy to bend. So if you're using that as your argument, it's irrelevant.
The following users liked this post:
eatmydust (02-04-2024)