W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recent trip to Canada and tune dyno results

Old 09-08-2018, 01:24 AM

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
2012 E63 AMG Estate
Recent trip to Canada and tune dyno results

My wife and I have just gotten back from our first trip to Canada (from Australia). I don't think I've ever seen so many AMGs in one city. Australia stopped getting the E63 wagon in 2013 and I was lucky enough to find one of the last to make it here. I was amazed to see this facelifted S212 parked in Gastown, Vancouver. I'm sure it's someone's in the forum. What a beast!

My wife organised a surprise on our final day and we drove an AMG GTS up to Whistler and back. I could honestly have one as a weekender if money wasn't an issue.

While we were away, I had my wagon tinkered with at a performance shop in Sydney. I'm really happy with the result. The final dyno run reported 500kw at the motor, 425kw at the wheels and 990nm. The car was already rapid, but it's just brutal now once you find traction. Hoping to hit the quarter mile this summer and push a mid 11 if I'm lucky.

Old 09-08-2018, 11:45 AM

Received 280 Likes on 218 Posts
E63S
While driving around the other day, a C class drove past, all blacked out and de-badged. I said to myself, "no body with a performance division car (ie AMG, M, etc) would take their badges off". I guess I was very wrong And, congrats on the new found power. Enjoy safely. I some times wished I had a wagon.