MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   H&R Lowering Springs Question (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/735596-h-r-lowering-springs-question.html)

Gsrchris 02-11-2019 11:22 AM

H&R Lowering Springs Question

Hi guys,

I have a set of H&R lowering springs off of my W204 C63 P/N: 29028-1. I want to put these onto my W212 E63 4matic which calls for P/N:29028-2. I'd only be putting the front springs since the rears are air matic. Would try to run it with the stock lowering links if possible since the Sport mode is already lowered. Anyone can possibly give me any insight to this? Greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Gsrchris 02-11-2019 01:02 PM

Just got off the phone with H&R and the front springs are identical. So if anyone else is in the same boat as me, it will work.

shardul 02-12-2019 09:55 AM

Nice info.
Thanks for posting

sheefo2k 02-12-2019 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gsrchris (Post 7678825)
Just got off the phone with H&R and the front springs are identical. So if anyone else is in the same boat as me, it will work.

No wonder those springs are so low (IMO). They were probably designed to handle the lighter weight of the C63.

allenjdmb 02-14-2019 10:00 PM

If you can find an alternative....

I would avoid the H and R's. The ride quality is awful. I"m struggling to find something else for my 15 S right now, and having little to no luck...but I"m not doing those H &R's again.

Gsrchris 02-15-2019 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by allenjdmb (Post 7681900)
I would avoid the H and R's. The ride quality is awful. I"m struggling to find something else for my 15 S right now, and having little to no luck...but I"m not doing those H &R's again.

I have a 15 S too and I was worried about this. I wanted to lower the car without the girlfriend knowing because she takes my E63 when I am driving the C63. How bad does the car ride when it is in comfort and sport compared to stock?

sheefo2k 02-15-2019 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Gsrchris (Post 7682078)
I have a 15 S too and I was worried about this. I wanted to lower the car without the girlfriend knowing because she takes my E63 when I am driving the C63. How bad does the car ride when it is in comfort and sport compared to stock?

That's a subjective question, but in my opinion the ride in comfort isn't too bad but in any other mode it's harsh for regular city streets. I heard good things about KW HAS kit, and I had KW coilovers in the past and the progressive springs really dampen things a lot. (Yes yes i know, struts are what dampen the ride but you get what I mean)

Gsrchris 02-15-2019 10:20 AM

Would lowered on comfort be more comparable to stock sport mode or sport plus? I find sport plus on stock height is fairly rough.

Originally Posted by sheefo2k (Post 7682147)
That's a subjective question, but in my opinion the ride in comfort isn't too bad but in any other mode it's harsh for regular city streets. I heard good things about KW HAS kit, and I had KW coilovers in the past and the progressive springs really dampen things a lot. (Yes yes i know, struts are what dampen the ride but you get what I mean)

allenjdmb 02-15-2019 12:12 PM

My opinion....

the H&R springs just exascerbate what is already a problem...way too much rate in the springs, and shocks and struts that are overdamped. The car needs to be more compliant, something which MB does not seem to grasp, and that is not HR's forte. They work well on other cars (read: BMW), but just not so well on MB products.

I"m going to put the KW HAS on the next one I"m doing as soon as I find someone who has a kit on hand (anyone know of anyone?). Others seem to be happy (er) with theirs, so...

Just my opinion, which is worth what you paid for it (nothing).....