MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W212 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg-146/)
-   -   Pop and Burble Tune (https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/738764-pop-burble-tune.html)

DesiredNameTkn 03-15-2019 05:02 PM

Pop and Burble Tune

My first post here *wave* as I have just joined the club with a 2016 Wagon. The sound of this thing is ridiculous! Ive been searching google, this forum and the AMG private forums without a solid lead on a tune to give a pop, crackle and burble sound when letting off the accelerator or downshifting. Lots of good info on Wis, Renn, Brabus and other professional tunes for HP and tq gains, but I haven't come across a specific tune. Ive also read that some people have gained this effect with a software update at the dealer. Has anyone seen this for our model?

amgboy916 03-15-2019 05:15 PM

Eurocharged is one example that does this, im sure theres others as well, it doesnt hurt to give a tuner a call and ask them

wseikow 03-15-2019 06:17 PM

I'd also be interested in this. I'm not into tuning vehicles etc, I like me E63 as it is. I'd just like a tiny bit more sound , very little.

brfatal 03-15-2019 10:23 PM

Gods, please don't do a burble tune (that's what it's called). It's just so ricey and tasteless. You'll likely get sick of it pretty quickly as well.

Iron Sheik 03-15-2019 11:55 PM

Do NOT get the burble feature if you tune the car. It is way too loud. Had it on for a week and then told the tuner to take it off.

Tune the car and delete the cats and call it a day! :)

Iron Sheik

chiromikey 03-16-2019 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Iron Sheik (Post 7706727)
Do NOT get the burble feature if you tune the car. It is way too loud. Had it on for a week and then told the tuner to take it off.

Tune the car and delete the cats and call it a day! :)

Iron Sheik

Listen to this advice^^^^

If you can get away with cat and middle resonator delete you’ll get the perfect amount of the noise you want on downshifts. Excessive pops and burbles are so effing annoying you’ll be regretting it before you get home from the shop!

kponti 03-16-2019 10:20 AM

Why can't tuners do things in moderation some times? I think a pop and burble tune on the w212E could be fun and tasteful if done to the level of the w213 or even the GLE63s

BlownV8 03-16-2019 11:29 AM

Make sure you get the flame tune while they are in there.

PeterUbers 03-16-2019 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 7706946)
Make sure you get the flame tune while they are in there.

and the led under frame lighting

V-AMG 03-16-2019 12:19 PM

Sound preferences aside, keep in mind that the pops are gasoline igniting in the exhaust, which will ruin your cats over time. If you are catless already, then all clear, but if not, I’d take that into consideration. Like you, I think it sounds cool (maybe because i dont live with it), but I wouldn’t do it on a catted car.

BlownV8 03-16-2019 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers (Post 7706980)
and the led under frame lighting

Absolutely, skipped my mind thanks for reminding me. I also forgot to add the NOS sticker for the back and rear side windows. It's been so long since I truly modded my vehicles. I'm slipping.

cocobeex 03-16-2019 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlownV8 (Post 7707239)
Absolutely, skipped my mind thanks for reminding me. I also forgot to add the NOS sticker for the back and rear side windows. It's been so long since I truly modded my vehicles. I'm slipping.

Dont forget big wingggggs!!!

Mikeki7 03-17-2019 10:11 AM

Was watching the most recent video from Tasos, and the c63 in the shop had a on demand ignition cut off (pops) feature by pulling backwards on the cruise control lever. Now thats pretty cool in my opinion but I would not want to have the pops always on.

chiromikey 03-17-2019 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mikeki7 (Post 7707537)
Was watching the most recent video from Tasos, and the c63 in the shop had a on demand ignition cut off (pops) feature by pulling backwards on the cruise control lever. Now thats pretty cool in my opinion but I would not want to have the pops always on.

I’m calling BS on that...

Lumi 03-17-2019 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by V-AMG (Post 7706983)
Sound preferences aside, keep in mind that the pops are gasoline igniting in the exhaust, which will ruin your cats over time. If you are catless already, then all clear, but if not, I’d take that into consideration. Like you, I think it sounds cool (maybe because i dont live with it), but I wouldn’t do it on a catted car.

+100 on this... People have to remember the way aftermarket tuners are going about make these pops and how OEM's are doing it is in totally different ways.. Most and if not all tuners are throwing fuel into the chamber on run off, which of course washes a bit of the cylinder walls and also contaminates your oil. Simple blackstone oil test will confirm as it has on different platforms.

Be careful with long terms aggressive running of these burbles tunes.. Ive heard of turbo issues, 02 issues, cats of course and even mufflers packing lol

chiromikey 03-17-2019 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lumi (Post 7707621)
+100 on this... People have to remember the way aftermarket tuners are going about make these pops and how OEM's are doing it is in totally different ways.. Most and if not all tuners are throwing fuel into the chamber on run off, which of course washes a bit of the cylinder walls and also contaminates your oil. Simple blackstone oil test will confirm as it has on different platforms.

Be careful with long terms aggressive running of these burbles tunes.. Ive heard of turbo issues, 02 issues, cats of course and even mufflers packing lol

So how are OEMs doing it?

Mikeki7 03-17-2019 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey (Post 7707561)
I’m calling BS on that...

Lol why so skeptical? Its not like I just said that it exists, there is a video of it. Anyways here is the vid go to 3:58.

chiromikey 03-17-2019 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mikeki7 (Post 7707722)
Lol why so skeptical? Its not like I just said that it exists, there is a video of it. Anyways here is the vid go to 3:58.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjY-lDc1fk&t=238s

I was skeptical because I didn’t know you were talking about a C63 over 10 years old. I thought we were talking about biturbo models that only just recently became capable of tuning through OBDII instead of having to crack open the ECU.

Mikeki7 03-17-2019 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by chiromikey (Post 7707761)
I was skeptical because I didn’t know you were talking about a C63 over 10 years old. I thought we were talking about biturbo models that only just recently became capable of tuning through OBDII instead of having to crack open the ECU.

Its true the car is older but the ecus are not so different from the biturbos. Even so im sure implementing that feature is not as simple as flashing a tune with mygenius, My point was that having that feature would be the most ideal option vs having it always / flashing an alternate tune when you get tired of it in 5 minutes.

amgboy916 03-18-2019 01:32 PM

damn I see a lot of hate on the burble tune but I like it a lot maybe because my tuner only put a small amount of burbles. it only happens around certain low rpms. I was actually considering asking for more because 90% of the time it doesnt happen lol. I could definitely see how it could get annoying though. Some people have it set to do a bunch of loud pops anytime the car decelerates. I'm not a fan of that but I do like the burble. I get more burbles than "pops" itll be a nice low tone burble and maybe a small pop here and there so not over the top at all.

On another note if you hear most of the newer AMG and even M cars, they are burbling and popping from the factory tune. This is obviously desirable to some extent if the manufacturers are including it. I also don't think they are doing it in such a way that its damaging components of the car but who knows?

DesiredNameTkn 03-18-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by amgboy916 (Post 7708490)
damn I see a lot of hate on the burble tune but I like it a lot maybe because my tuner only put a small amount of burbles. it only happens around certain low rpms. I was actually considering asking for more because 90% of the time it doesnt happen lol. I could definitely see how it could get annoying though. Some people have it set to do a bunch of loud pops anytime the car decelerates. I'm not a fan of that but I do like the burble. I get more burbles than "pops" itll be a nice low tone burble and maybe a small pop here and there so not over the top at all.

On another note if you hear most of the newer AMG and even M cars, they are burbling and popping from the factory tune. This is obviously desirable to some extent if the manufacturers are including it. I also don't think they are doing it in such a way that its damaging components of the car but who knows?

Obviously this is a divisive topic to discuss, thankfully we have the comedic relief of several members to keep it fun and interesting. I agree with you, I am interested in a similar exhaust experience to the W213 vehicles. Not obnoxious bangs everywhere, but a nice burble or pop when letting off the throttle. I spoke with Matt at AMR tuning who was very helpful and have decided to utilize the handheld my Genius with a performance tune and a burble tune. I really like this setup as it plugs into the OBD port and you can select the tune you want right through your laptop and the device. This way you can turn burble on and off at will. Eurocharged had a similar offering.

There was some similar discussion on the C63 forums of a MB software update for 2016 that gave more exhaust features, Im not certain if the same is available for the e63.

I will try to post a video with sound once I have the tune uploaded. And also the flames, rear wing, neon under lighting, spinners and subwoofer for blownV8.

V8Avant 03-18-2019 03:10 PM

Congrats on your 2016 Wagon! Tell us more about it and post some pics!

DesiredNameTkn 03-18-2019 03:23 PM

Thanks V8 Avant I will update later this week!

R5169 03-19-2019 01:22 PM

I had Burble Tune from Gintani in my previous car, e90 M3, I loved it. No cat, Eisenmann Sport muffler, car would chuck flames when asked.

However they tuned it so the burbles only happened between 5k - 9k rpm, meaning if I wanted to baby it around quietly I could.

try m3 03-19-2019 07:30 PM

Had the burble tune for 2 weeks before I got annoyed of it. The newer AMG's have different exhaust modes so they're not always burbling plus it sounds more natural. With our cars they will burble constantly even when cruising in comfort mode which to me got annoying fast and it sounds nothing like the newer cars.