Mercedes benz of Manhattan nightmare! PLEASE STAY AWAY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 09:02 AM
Banned

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
E63 AMG S
Mercedes benz of Manhattan nightmare! PLEASE STAY AWAY

Figured i would share my story here to help others stay away from this dealer, Mercedes benz of Manhattan.

History of my E63S, first owner, 17K miles, never an issues in its lifetime, only normal a and b services as needed..

Brought my E63S in to have a wheel replaced under my wheel insurance due to some bad curb rash.

wheel took 2 weeks or so to arrive from Germany and was installed, meanwhile i had a loaner. All was well..

I arrive to pick up my car and my service advisor tells me my battery is dead...Interesting, that is weird, never had any issues of that kind before, ever. Someone must have left a light or door open during its 2 week stay here, fine the dealer will replace the battery of course..
NOPE. Dealer told me they believe it to be a faulty battery and i must replace it under my dime... ummmm..
I replaced my battery at another benz dealer 3 months earlier with a brand new one being proactive and i still had my receipt. 2 year warranty on all benz oem parts, but wait! They wont honor it because it was bought at another benz dealer?

So not only wont they own up that they killed my battery durings its 2 week stay there, but they also wont honor the battery warranty at a benz dealer, with the receipt in hand??? Felt like i was in the twilight zone.
Wait there is more!

SOS malfunction light had also been on when i picked up my car and they wanted one hour labor to remove the light off the dash aswell, which was not present ever in the history of the car or the day i gave them my car..

My service advisor Sebastian W. didnt want to hear non of it.
I requested the service manager, Matt Gesek and he also did not want to hear it or provide any help or assistance in these matters.

So to recap, i brought a 100% working and never a issue in its lifetime of 4 years and 17K mile E63S in, and they gave it back to me with numerous issues???

I also reached out to mercedes benz of north america who claimed they own Mercedes benz of Manhattan but it is independently managed and operated. They cannot help me, goodwill any work but they can try to talk to the dealer to make things right.
That didnt work aswell.

I paid for them to remove the sos light, and charged back that amount with my CC company, as they deserve.

I also went to my local benz dealer, and they replaced and warrantied my battery no questions asked.
I even told them my story and one of the service managers there called benz of manhattan to vent his frustration on how they treated me!

Just be careful out there guys, i hate trips to the dealers as they always fix one thing only to ruin something else.

This was the first time i have visited the dealer since my factory warranty has expired.
And in my case, it seems they try to suck some out of warranty money out from me by playing dumb, but im a long time tech and car lover, i wasnt gonna be taken for a ride with their sneaky, unprofessional , and disgusting car games.

Car is perfect again and running great for the past month or so since this happened.
Never thought this would happen to me or i would be put in this situation.

i posted my review on google and dealer rater .com, made a complaint to benz of NA. Hopefully that will help people stay away or show the dealer that not all benz owners are uneducated about cars and ready to throw money at dealers demands.

Last edited by Lumi; 03-29-2019 at 09:07 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Lumi:
C43 Fun Haver (08-10-2023), lampeater (08-09-2023), NH_E63 (08-09-2023)
Old 03-29-2019, 09:50 AM

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63s 1993 mazda rx7 on Boost
Dealers are the reason manufactures get negitive reviews

I am sure if you had remaining coverage your car would have got the new wheel and nothing else was going to be an issue with your car. I went there once to pick up 4 Pzeros. They offered to mount balance them for me. I was like NO I am going to pay my local tire guy. He was upset that I passed on free service.
Nothing is ever free.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:07 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
I've been reading %$#@ stories like this about MB-M for years! Sorry you had to do it, good luck!
Old 03-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,885 Likes on 1,322 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I agree with Hyperion ... Manhattan benz sux and I also have read how they joy ride the cars
Old 03-30-2019, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 230 Likes on 187 Posts
MY17 S63AMG - MBUSA Buyback. MY16 SL63 - Sold MY19 W213 E63s. 2020 W213 E63s Wagon
The best way to express how you guys feel about that dealer or any Mercedes dealer is complete the MBusa survey after the service. A bad review on the MBusa Survey not only hurts the SA ( commissions tied ) service department, but also the entire dealership. Dealerships gets bonuses based on those surveys.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:09 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I agree with Hyperion ... Manhattan benz sux and I also have read how they joy ride the cars

Old 03-31-2019, 02:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
05 M3 / 13 E63 Wagon
Sorry OP. Since misery loves company... I bought my MY13 wagon CPO from Manhattan. Every experience with them was a joke, from the sale (first sales guy, verbatim: "no, you don't want this car, it's RWD / second sales guy making a jewish joke on the test drive, gave me un-redacted full service history lol) to the service (refrigerant was dead empty upon first pickup, they didn't even check).

Thankfully the car has been dead reliable. I never went back to them when I was in NY.
Old 03-31-2019, 07:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by Lumi

I paid for them to remove the sos light, and charged back that amount with my CC company, as they deserve.
To me, this is the best part of the story. This should be done more often by consumers who get ripped off.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:23 PM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
2016 E63s Wagon - CCB & CF package
This is not good to hear. My 16 wagon is at MB-M for some funky transmission issues for the 3rd time. They’ve had the car for over a week now, and like someone mentioned, lots of test drives... really hoping they come through and I can come back and post a positive review.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:31 PM

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts
2019 E63, 2011 E350, 1997 F50
Dont go there, Not only is their service department horrible but it is the same story with the sales team as well. Me and my family and friends are happy with taking our business to silver star. I might have gotten a hard time on my e63 a bit but beyond that I have gotten tons of discounts and deals.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Banned

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by sunil517
I am sure if you had remaining coverage your car would have got the new wheel and nothing else was going to be an issue with your car. I went there once to pick up 4 Pzeros. They offered to mount balance them for me. I was like NO I am going to pay my local tire guy. He was upset that I passed on free service.
Nothing is ever free.
100% agree!

Originally Posted by hyperion667
I've been reading %$#@ stories like this about MB-M for years! Sorry you had to do it, good luck!
Thanks! Glad its all sorta and car is back to 100% but just annoying to have to go thru the hassle on a 100% perfect and reliable car, and a dealer that wont help or work with you for a solution, it was a HORRIBLE experience.

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Wont be going back anytime soon and hopefully any dealer in the near future!

Originally Posted by S63AMG888
The best way to express how you guys feel about that dealer or any Mercedes dealer is complete the MBusa survey after the service. A bad review on the MBusa Survey not only hurts the SA ( commissions tied ) service department, but also the entire dealership. Dealerships gets bonuses based on those surveys.
Thanks for this, i will 100% will express my feelings in this survey.

Originally Posted by ruffy dongles
Sorry OP. Since misery loves company... I bought my MY13 wagon CPO from Manhattan. Every experience with them was a joke, from the sale (first sales guy, verbatim: "no, you don't want this car, it's RWD / second sales guy making a jewish joke on the test drive, gave me un-redacted full service history lol) to the service (refrigerant was dead empty upon first pickup, they didn't even check).

Thankfully the car has been dead reliable. I never went back to them when I was in NY.
Sounds like this is a common issue with them, unreal! I forgot to add that part to my story, my AC was empty aswell but no leaks were found, filled and ac is perfect and working! Go figure, do they empty systems so customers come back for AC services? Unreal.

Originally Posted by rustybear3
To me, this is the best part of the story. This should be done more often by consumers who get ripped off.
First time i ever used this feature on my CC, and well worth it!

Originally Posted by V-AMG
This is not good to hear. My 16 wagon is at MB-M for some funky transmission issues for the 3rd time. They’ve had the car for over a week now, and like someone mentioned, lots of test drives... really hoping they come through and I can come back and post a positive review.
If your still under warranty you should be OK.. Its my first time there that i wasnt under warranty were all these small things went wrong under there time with the car. And their 10-15 mile wheel alignment drive checks... Very annoying.

Good luck! Check her in and out when u get her back. keep us up to date if they are able to fix anything.

Originally Posted by Michael Khan
Dont go there, Not only is their service department horrible but it is the same story with the sales team as well. Me and my family and friends are happy with taking our business to silver star. I might have gotten a hard time on my e63 a bit but beyond that I have gotten tons of discounts and deals.
Thanks, yea i heard good things about silver star, so good to hear another member support them.

Last edited by Lumi; 04-01-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Manhattan Mercedes Benz is the only Mercedes dealer that is owned by Mercedes Benz. I'm surprised to hear that they are difficult to deal with.
The following users liked this post:
cotmfk (10-24-2021)
Old 04-02-2019, 07:52 PM
Banned

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
Manhattan Mercedes Benz is the only Mercedes dealer that is owned by Mercedes Benz. I'm surprised to hear that they are difficult to deal with.
That is why i trusted to go to them, but that is false thought... After talking to MB USA, they are owned by Mercedes, but Managed and operated by a third party and they told me they cannot tell the dealer, they own, to do anything. They can only call to ask if its possible to help, as they do with any other dealer in the country. So really this owning MB of Manhattan is all nonsense for customers.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
That is why i trusted to go to them, but that is false thought... After talking to MB USA, they are owned by Mercedes, but Managed and operated by a third party and they told me they cannot tell the dealer, they own, to do anything. They can only call to ask if its possible to help, as they do with any other dealer in the country. So really this owning MB of Manhattan is all nonsense for customers.

Hey man sorry you had a bad experience at MB Manhattan, I was a service advisor there just recently left for a job closer to home. You probably even know me, I also own an E63, typically the culture there is all about customer service so I am surprised this happened to you. I must say this must have been an unfortunate one time thing because we really did try to make every customer's experience top notch. If you would like to discuss further you can PM me.
The following users liked this post:
cotmfk (10-24-2021)
Old 04-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Banned

E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by nyc_amg
Hey man sorry you had a bad experience at MB Manhattan, I was a service advisor there just recently left for a job closer to home. You probably even know me, I also own an E63, typically the culture there is all about customer service so I am surprised this happened to you. I must say this must have been an unfortunate one time thing because we really did try to make every customer's experience top notch. If you would like to discuss further you can PM me.
yea absolutely! Me and you have chatted in the past here on the forum. Ill send a PM your way with my #

yea im still till this day in shock of what they did to me. Really horrible.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
14 E63S Wagon | 11 M3 Vert
what is the recommended dealer for service in the tri-state?
Old 10-24-2021, 02:18 PM

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 E63 AMG
I also reached out to mercedes benz of north america who claimed they own Mercedes benz of Manhattan but it is independently managed and operated. They cannot help me, goodwill any work but they can try to talk to the dealer to make things right.
That didnt work aswell.
Not sure why this thread resurfaced, but this part here was exactly my experience once when we put a new factory-rebuilt motor in our old 300D. The radiator neck snapped off a week later and the dealer would not own up to it's mistake in either hitting the neck with the new engine or overtightening. My warranty booklet said to call Mercedes Benz of North America if I had trouble with the warranty. When I call MBNA, they said "it's a private dealer, we can't make them do anything." I said, "It's a private dealer with your name on it. Anyway, why does the booklet say to call you if you can't do anything." The guy sounded like a real dummy that had no business being the customer service front for Mercedes.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 - W204
Originally Posted by deerpark
what is the recommended dealer for service in the tri-state?
To re-up this thread, any recs on this?
Old 08-09-2023, 12:52 PM

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Mercedes Benz Huntington!