Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 113 Likes on 93 Posts
The best or nothing
March 2019 MCT SW Update

Anyone done it yet?

It should improve rough and slow shifts.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 PM

Received 371 Likes on 158 Posts
AMG
Most updates are for many reasons, and unless noted, no one, even the dealer will know what is changed or modified in the update.

From what ive been told, as i have never checked, software for the MCT 4matic and MCT RWD is different, this may only be for RWD MCT's like yours.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Received 84 Likes on 61 Posts
MB
I wonder if that one applies to my 2012 CLS63. Id love to do this as I have Xentry / Vediamo.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:55 PM

Received 132 Likes on 77 Posts
S 63 Coupe, GLS 63
Originally Posted by 6speeddave
I wonder if that one applies to my 2012 CLS63. Id love to do this as I have Xentry / Vediamo.
Without a login ID for the MB server you cant
The following users liked this post:
6speeddave (06-12-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 11:06 PM

MB
Originally Posted by TECHNICIAN
Without a login ID for the MB server you cant
Yep, working on that

Thanks guys
Old 06-13-2019, 11:15 AM

MB
OP, for us rwd guys, does the dealer typically also do the wet clutch adaptation, and/or any other updates aside from the software update, or am I okay to just do this software update only, and nothing else adaptation or update whise?
Old 06-13-2019, 07:54 PM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
Yes you can go ahead and update all the modules you can if you do it with the xentry program and of course have a login, if needed it will transfer the previous coding if the update erases it. You dont have to do any adaptations afterwards but its always nice to do it on an mct car anyways to get ideal shifting. You will find that there will be some weird updates to modules like the door control component etc.
6speeddave (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 01:36 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Mikeki7
Yes you can go ahead and update all the modules you can if you do it with the xentry program and of course have a login, if needed it will transfer the previous coding if the update erases it. You dont have to do any adaptations afterwards but its always nice to do it on an mct car anyways to get ideal shifting. You will find that there will be some weird updates to modules like the door control component etc.
I plan on doing the updated MCT software update only just because I can (I am not having any transmission issues per say) but if you think I should also do the wet clutch adaptation and its straight forward then maybe ill think about it. I am just concerned about road testing the car and my laptop either dying or the connection online going out, or can I do that offline? I also don't want to do anything that would be difficult to undo, per say.

Last edited by 6speeddave; 06-14-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:05 AM

Received 59 Likes on 53 Posts
CLS63, S55
Originally Posted by 6speeddave
I only plan on doing the updated MCT software update only just because I can (I am not having any transmission issues per say) but if you think I should also do the wet clutch adaptation and its straight forward then maybe ill think about it. I am just concerned about road testing the car and my laptop either dying or the connection online going out, or can I do that offline? I also don't want to do anything that would be difficult to undo, per say.
Only the login part requires an online connection and thats only used for authentication really, plus the update takes only a few minutes. Wet clutch adaptation does not need an account/internet. In my opinion if you do manage to get an account you might as well go through each module and check if there is an update except the cluster and comand since you did the silver color scheme update, otherwise xentry will probably revert your cluster/comand. Also I would not risk updating MCT/ECU through vediamo, as you know the updates are all stored locally on the computer.
6speeddave (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 10:55 AM

MB
Originally Posted by Mikeki7
Only the login part requires an online connection and thats only used for authentication really, plus the update takes only a few minutes. Wet clutch adaptation does not need an account/internet. In my opinion if you do manage to get an account you might as well go through each module and check if there is an update except the cluster and comand since you did the silver color scheme update, otherwise xentry will probably revert your cluster/comand. Also I would not risk updating MCT/ECU through vediamo, as you know the updates are all stored locally on the computer.
Great info. I plan to check all modules and yes I am aware to avoid any cluster / comand updates in there. Is there only one total trans / TCU / MCT update? And, should I do the engine one if available? I am also tuned via Eurocharged but Jerry mentioned to me that I shouldn't have to worry about updating anything. My concern was if there a possible ECU update and that overwriting their tune work.

Im also going to see about like rear view camera updates, etc.

I am definitely aware not to do any manual coding / updating in vediamo for this stuff, just needed it for the cluster and comand stuff. Thanks for clarification on that.

Have you done a wet clutch adaptation? And do I just drive around and it'll automatically adapt or will I need a passenger in the car to push certain buttons at certain rpm / shift times?

Last edited by 6speeddave; 06-14-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 03:26 PM

MB
Updated a few things online today and the car seems to drive a lot better although I am not sure if I was even able to do any specific MCT update? Below is a screenshot after completing what I was able to do, and it looks like the software may not have actually updated, I am not entirely sure haha. It could have just reset the transmission adaptations, etc. It seems to respond to the throttle better and gear changes are faster and more responsive. ECO mode also seems to stay off once turned off manually regardless of if I go between C / S / S+ and M settings and back.

I also have a eurocharged stage 1 tune and am wondering if there is a chance that I am unable to update the transmission firmware because of that for whatever reason?

Last edited by 6speeddave; 06-17-2019 at 12:24 AM.