Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 07:46 AM
SPONSOR

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Hector 313
would it work for the m278 ?
Hello there,

You can fit such an engine to your 500/550 car.
Old 03-31-2021, 10:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W211 e280 2007 petrol
Originally Posted by TK_BlackBoost
Hello there,

You can fit such an engine to your 500/550 car.
thank you very much for your reply, can you help me where to find the sleeves liners and the pistons and pistons rings please because I have the m278 engine with a secret cylinder walls and secret pistons on all of them and I can't find another engine so I have to do the same way also do I need to do anything else other than slides and pistons and rings do you advice anything else, those are some pictures for the problem. Thank you very much

Old 03-31-2021, 11:25 AM
SPONSOR

Received 87 Likes on 42 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Hector 313
thank you very much for your reply, can you help me where to find the sleeves liners and the pistons and pistons rings please because I have the m278 engine with a secret cylinder walls and secret pistons on all of them and I can't find another engine so I have to do the same way also do I need to do anything else other than slides and pistons and rings do you advice anything else, those are some pictures for the problem. Thank you very much

Hello there, yeah only sleeving will help now. Regarding prices send me an Email. info@black-boost.com. I do have an option with an brand new engine if you would consider that. S550 4matic with only 109km. pricing by email.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:48 AM

W211 e280 2007 petrol
Originally Posted by TK_BlackBoost
Hello to all members,

We thought this might be interesting for you. Most of you might not know, but one of our main business is building engines/transmissions. Our team member and head of engines and transmission is Tasos Moschatos, known through his free content YouTube Videos.

We wanted to share some photos of our latest E63S M157 5.5l V8 M157 engine upgrade.

- Block with Darton MID Sleeves
- Connecting Rods Golden Line by ItalianRP (Connecting Rod Bolts L19 by ARP)
(Material: 35NCD16, 10% stronger than 300M, Material Strength 1.900Mpa, Hardness 52HRC)
- Pistons Golden Line by ItalianRP
(Material: 2618Al, Double Bridge Design, Galvanic Hardening Process on Top Surface and First Ring)

Darton MID Sleeves

Engine Internals Pistons Golden Line by ItalianRP (2618Al, Double Bridge Design, top surface and first ring with treated with an galvanic process) Connecting Rods Golden Line by ItalianRP with L19 ARP Bolts

work in progress

work in progress

almost done

final job

We are already working on the next M157 engine, this one goes into an ML63 AMG.

If you want more details, view our free content videos or get in contact with us and / or our exclusive distributor for the USA and Canadian market. Jose from @boostedbenz.com / BlackBoostUSA.
Ok guys you going to read the impossible to solve problem even though it's just not possible to be a problem at all , ok so I have rebuild the engine but it back together times it perfectly then but it in the car the engine start but with timing code , so I took the engine out and I bought another engine the one I bought is just for parts it's broken but it's complete so , I have done the timing on both engines the process is like so

1- crankshaft at the 40 degrees

2- checked the piston at tds or just after tdc as they call it

3- but the chains on the centre figure all on the mark , crankshaft mark on chain mark on the gear, centre figure mark on the chain mark on the gear, left bank chain as well with centre figure on mark, right chain too , tighten the centre figure now

4- but the chains on the camshafts matching the marking accordingly , the camshafts adjusters marking and the chains marking

5- deploy the timing chain tensioners

6- check the signal plates marking at the back the alignment is perfect with the heads , I even checked them with the tool to check them the little half circul tool to check the signal plates, and they all good but one didn't go with the tool even though the marking on it goes perfectly aligned with the head it was the right intake camshaft

6- now but back the head covers

7- rotate the engine to 53 degrees which is 17mm after the 40 degrees if you don't have them on the crankshaft wheel , so I but it to 53 degrees to check the timing through the holes of the timing sensors and the signal plates NOT SHOWING HALF ON THE HOLES

I turned the engine again to 53 degrees just in case and no good tried over again and again no good

So I did the timing again from the beginning and same thing no good timing

I have no idea what to do and I if there is anything to do or to try I would do it just to get half plate on the sensor hole .

If anyone have some advice please do
Old 11-12-2023, 06:50 AM

Received 392 Likes on 272 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Going on a limb to say have you checked the camshaft adjusters, the actually gear mechanism? Knowing they can “slip” and slightly change timing. Have you seen or heard of this, there are videos around. Hopefully you didn’t rotate in the wrong direction or without tensioners in as that can cause a slip as well based on the routing of the chain. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
a4ncar (11-14-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 12:42 AM

W211 e280 2007 petrol
M278

Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Going on a limb to say have you checked the camshaft adjusters, the actually gear mechanism? Knowing they can “slip” and slightly change timing. Have you seen or heard of this, there are videos around. Hopefully you didn’t rotate in the wrong direction or without tensioners in as that can cause a slip as well based on the routing of the chain. Good luck
Thank you for your reply I have solved the problem it was moving signal plates I have to adjust the plates a little bit and I welded the plate so they would not move again I have tested it 8 times before I weld the plates to the camshafts and I'll update you guys with all pictures once I'm done just so ppl know and no one would have to go through what I did I have spent so much money and I have lost so much time for only this problem more than a year and half for that project to the point I have hated the car I will sell it once I finish the project just because I don't want to remember what I have had to put up with for this car .
The following users liked this post:
Mojo20032004 (11-23-2023)