W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

DEALERSHIP SOLD ME A MONEYPIT 2014 E63 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2021, 08:51 AM

Received 41 Likes on 15 Posts
2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by AMGfifty5
I was the other guy who created the bad e63 thread. Sorry to read the issues with your e63. Hopefully it gets resolved ASAP.

I’m sure you did you due Diligence on the car whereas I took the dealers word for it instead my own PPI. Don’t let these other guys get you down about spending all that money to get the car running right and debt. Next time I’ll purchase from a non-private dealership where they actually sell good cars.

I understand man. I bought mine from auto mall of Springfield aswell. I thought I was getting good deal and well you know the rest.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
e63s
Sorry to hear about your situation.

When you're buying a used car always plan on paying repair prices for what the cars price was new, repairs for a $100k plus car, not a $40k car. You can get eaten up if you're not prepared. There is a reason why warranties are so expensive on E63's.

You're going to have to figure things out for yourself, but I think there has been some solid advice given by members here.

Get your $$$ in order and you'll be able to buy another dream car in the future. Best of luck!

The following users liked this post:
SouthSideE63S (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 09:30 AM

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
05 C55-gone 06 E55-gone 15 P85D 14 E63 S 11 Sonata 😅
Originally Posted by SouthSideE63S
I understand man. I bought mine from auto mall of Springfield aswell. I thought I was getting good deal and well you know the rest.
cant sue the company that did the PPI to recoup some of the costs?
Old 11-09-2021, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E63s
It was 5k for the first job i did at fmu. The car was bought at 101k miles. The 5k job was for changing all fluids including trans. Both the rear air suspensions were replaced with Arnott. The spark plugs, coolant lines etc.
The car has 108k miles on it now.
I live in Sweden so I have poor insight into the price picture in the US.
But in my eyes after conversion to Swedish kronor, it is not particularly expensive considering everything that has been done.
The car costs a little to maintain....

Old 11-09-2021, 10:32 AM

Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts
Alfa 159
I'm in the UK and tend to agree.....but $313 for the labour just to change the plugs seems a bit stiff. Its less than a hours work.......
Old 11-09-2021, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E63s
I agree, but on the other hand the plugs are about half the price compared to what they charge here.
Old 11-09-2021, 11:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 285 Likes on 223 Posts
E63S
It was 5k for the first job i did at fmu. The car was bought at 101k miles. The 5k job was for changing all fluids including trans. Both the rear air suspensions were replaced with Arnott. The spark plugs, coolant lines etc. The car has 108k miles on it now.
Sorry for the typo, yes, I was referring to the Fifty Five Hundred $ job. Thanks for providing more detailed info. I suppose a high maintenance cost would go hand in hand w/ a high mileage, "high performance" vehicle. I follow and watch Alex's (Legit Street Cars) channel. He seems like a very stand up, honest guy and I learned about FMU from the LSC channel. If I lived in the Chicago area, I too would take my car there. However, the total cost of maintenance and repair thus far on your vehicle still seems ridiculously high.

Originally Posted by AMGfifty5
cant sue the company that did the PPI to recoup some of the costs?
THIS! If a PPI was performed, how did they miss the lack of Catalytics, resonator, mufflers and the fact that tires were worn. As noted in the other thread, this car dealer is selling you a car that does not comply w/ emissions laws and safety regulations.

By selling now, you'd still be out all the money dumped into it for repairs and maintenance. Best of luck resolving the issues w/ this car.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rehabguy:
AMGfifty5 (11-09-2021), Anotherone (11-10-2021), SouthSideE63S (11-09-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 04:09 PM

Received 259 Likes on 172 Posts
2014 E63S
I might have to sell my e63 after reading this thread. My pockets aren't as deep as some of yours, maybe that's why I only drive 5-8k a year
Old 06-09-2023, 10:54 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
UPDATE -

Whelp I ended up keeping the car and after three years of saving and finding one of the best shops in Chicago that not only educated me on my car but also helped me build it better along the way. The car currently has all the parts and more to be able to withstand anything and everything. I would especially like to shout out @PeterUbers for the insane amount of knowledge he provides which alone helped me overcome a lot of hurdles cough cough full rotor and pads replacement peters eBay links came in clutch.

The car currently has had a lot done to it I have spent another 10k basically but not all bad the photos will do it justice.
List of parts replace and or changed.
-Mevotech lower control arms added
-sway bar links all around added
-Brembo 2 piece rotors added
-Hawk Performance pads added
-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-water pump pully replaced
-all front grilles replaced including fins
-night package added
-brabus kit added
-new continental extreme contact sport 02 tires
-new radiator csf #8197 added due to current radiator being cracked cause of plastic endtanks the csf one has metal endtanks
-exhaust redone to fix exhaust leaks
-Car wrapped in flexishield seafoam by ghost industries

Now the best part the pictures I hope you read thru the post and I am looking forward to the future. I have already decided this will be future forever car.

The following 10 users liked this post by SouthSideE63S:
AMGfifty5 (06-15-2023), BCP (06-12-2023), cadeca (08-06-2023), CZ 75 (06-09-2023), hyperion667 (06-11-2023), I.T. Guy (06-10-2023), jvakos (06-11-2023), PeterUbers (06-09-2023), san40 (07-29-2023), Yakatak (06-15-2023) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:30 PM

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts
E63 AMG
UPDATE -

Whelp I ended up keeping the car and after three years of saving and finding one of the best shops in Chicago that not only educated me on my car but also helped me build it better along the way. The car currently has all the parts and more to be able to withstand anything and everything. I would especially like to shout out @PeterUbers for the insane amount of knowledge he provides which alone helped me overcome a lot of hurdles cough cough full rotor and pads replacement peters eBay links came in clutch.

The car currently has had a lot done to it I have spent another 10k basically but not all bad the photos will do it justice.
-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-night package added
-brabus kit added
-new radiator csf #8197 added due to current radiator being cracked cause of plastic endtanks the csf one has metal endtanks

Now the best part the pictures I hope you read thru the post and I am looking forward to the future. I have already decided this will be future forever car.

That wrap.. WOW!
The following 2 users liked this post by CZ 75:
SouthSideE63S (06-09-2023), thesaintusa (06-10-2023)
Old 06-09-2023, 11:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,162 Likes on 1,520 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
UPDATE -

-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-night package added
-brabus kit added

thanks man, glad it came out so awesome! Proud of you man.

Last edited by PeterUbers; 06-09-2023 at 11:45 PM.
SouthSideE63S (06-09-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 07:00 AM

Received 87 Likes on 77 Posts
2013 E550
UPDATE -

-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-night package added
-brabus kit added

Congrats for sticking with it. The car looks awesome!
I.T. Guy (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,790 Likes on 2,373 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
UPDATE -

-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-night package added
-brabus kit added

Hopefully no more issues now Enjoy in good health.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:35 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,419 Likes on 2,857 Posts
2012 CLS63
That wrap job looks really well done, happy you sorted it all out
Old 06-11-2023, 12:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts
E63 SL55 996TT C5Z06
UPDATE -

-all injectors replaced
-water pump replaced
-night package added
-brabus kit added

@SouthSideE63S congrats man car looks awesome and glad you got the issues sorted out!

You mentioned all injectors were replaced which is a bit uncommon for all 8 to go bad (poor flow rates, stuck open) as maybe 1-2 bad injectors seems most common.

Curious what did your shop/mechanic find wrong your injectors that they all had to be replaced? Am just curious to know as I dont have any issues currently but may ask my indy guy to test them.
Old 06-15-2023, 05:30 AM
SPONSOR

Received 380 Likes on 228 Posts
11 E550, 16 AMG GTS, 13 S550
I was gonna say dude, the 5.5L Biturbos are a dream to work on and live with. The only stupid part on them is the thermostat and the water to air intercooler but I mean how many of those are you ever going to replace in a lifetime.

That first bill at FMU doesn't look bad at all, I looked them up and they have a fairly huge following considering our line of work isn't really hyped up and those prices are all dead-on and fair hour for hour. I for example could give you a better deal theorhetically because I've more or less been relegated to dedicated Mercedes shop so I understand the various overlapping and overquoted labor hours, but I'm pretty sure those guys have way way more experience and a much nicer shop and toolboxes than me. If it was my money and I had to spend $150/hr they're 100% getting it over me.

A full fluids and filters update to baseline the car is bare minimum, but you're protected against serious damage for a few years. Remember to replace your cabin filters every 12 months, I like the Mann FreciousPlus ones

Chris Tran, Service Manager/Owner
Amsoil Independent Dealer #7236674
The following 2 users liked this post by ChrisHimself:
CaliBenzDriver (06-15-2023), SouthSideE63S (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 03:51 PM

Received 249 Likes on 186 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
I saw the VERY low cost CV Axle receipt and figured "this guy is going to get what he deserves" (being as currently in my living room I have a OEM right CV that is a project this weekend - $1300).

Seems it all turned out....that said, being as I am an old guy now (and pay cash for my cars)...when I was young, there was a point I had three 3000GT VR4's (at the same time)...and would complain that they were driving me into bankruptcy....this story looks like it turned out quite well.
SouthSideE63S (06-17-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 08:16 PM

2014 E63 AMG S
Originally Posted by jvakos
@SouthSideE63S congrats man car looks awesome and glad you got the issues sorted out!

You mentioned all injectors were replaced which is a bit uncommon for all 8 to go bad (poor flow rates, stuck open) as maybe 1-2 bad injectors seems most common.

Curious what did your shop/mechanic find wrong your injectors that they all had to be replaced? Am just curious to know as I dont have any issues currently but may ask my indy guy to test them.
It looked like my injectors were all kind of messed with by the previous owner or shop and he found out they weren't even tightened down properly they were loose and he said the best solution would be is to start fresh and have all the injectors replaced. Also only the front two were bad but because it looked like the other ones were not taken care of at all and he knew I wanted the car to last as long as possible he told me his advice on what he would do and I went with it.
Old 06-19-2023, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Air Force

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
HOLY! That's a great wrap color!
SouthSideE63S (06-20-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 10:23 AM

2014 E63 AMG S
Well a few more updates and my friend made a great video showcasing the car.

KW H.A.S Kit installed.

Also the car does not rub at the low setting in the rear. Great fitment that fits it perfectly

The following 3 users liked this post by SouthSideE63S:
BCP (07-31-2023), cadeca (08-06-2023), NH_E63 (07-31-2023)
Old 07-28-2023, 10:26 AM

2014 E63S
Well a few more updates and my friend made a great video showcasing the car.

KW H.A.S Kit installed.

Also the car does not rub at the low setting in the rear. Great fitment that fits it perfectly

https://youtu.be/7e4jKsQYjL8

Danm I live 3 blocks away from where you shot the video!! I always go my pulls and testing at that part as well 😂.. Great video!!!
SouthSideE63S (07-28-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 01:23 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
2015-E63S | 2012-C300
Originally Posted by Mojo20032004
Danm I live 3 blocks away from where you shot the video!! I always go my pulls and testing at that part as well 😂.. Great video!!!
I'm in Hoffman Estates. We should all meet this weekend at Woodfield Mall to chat.
I do most of my own repairs on the e63, plus I have the BenzNinja soft, I can get you guys some features enabled/disabled.
Old 07-31-2023, 02:43 PM

2014 E63S
Originally Posted by cold bud3
I'm in Hoffman Estates. We should all meet this weekend at Woodfield Mall to chat.
I do most of my own repairs on the e63, plus I have the BenzNinja soft, I can get you guys some features enabled/disabled.
I would be down. Always wanted the ils software enabled!