Sponsored by:

Discount on ordered E43

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Discount on ordered E43

I ordered a fully loaded E43 a few weeks ago with an anticipated delivery date of early March. While I have seen comments on various threads about obtaining discounts on ordered E43s, the two MB dealers in my area (Austin, TX) indicated that there are no discounts on this car. Can any of you who have agreed a discount on an ordered E43 share some details with me? The only car I ever paid list price for was a very early 1979 Mazda RX-7. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Received 715 Likes on 696 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W213 AMG forum...
Old 01-03-2017, 12:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500
Please keep us updated on your progress. I'm a fellow Austin area resident and I'm curious to hear how the Austin and Georgetown dealerships workout, thanks!
Old 01-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by awhueske
I ordered a fully loaded E43 a few weeks ago with an anticipated delivery date of early March. While I have seen comments on various threads about obtaining discounts on ordered E43s, the two MB dealers in my area (Austin, TX) indicated that there are no discounts on this car. Can any of you who have agreed a discount on an ordered E43 share some details with me? The only car I ever paid list price for was a very early 1979 Mazda RX-7. Thanks!
exercise your right to buy the car when these stealer ships come to their senses or consider buying out of state
Old 01-05-2017, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
exercise your right to buy the car when these stealer ships come to their senses or consider buying out of state
Yes! The last two cars I purchased were out of state (NY and CA). Saved a ton and had good experiences with both.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Originally Posted by MJ50
moved to W213 AMG forum...
move it back to the regular w213 forum
Old 01-06-2017, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
the two MB dealers in my area (Austin, TX) indicated that there are no discounts on this car.
100% BS. Anything can be discounted. Just walk out on them and the truth will come out from them very quickly, if not immediately.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:15 AM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
MB of Austin cracks me up. I went in there the first week in Nov. to look at the new C43. It was the 1st weekend the car came out. At the time, they were still thinking the car would be a hot commodity and quoted me an outrageous MF on a lease saying that since its an AMG that it was priced accordingly.

Fast forward 3 months and they still have the vehicle I test drove back in Nov. I don't think they've sold many (if any) C43's in the past 3 months. I'm sure they're itching to get rid of them now.

In the end, supply & demand always prevails. I hope you didn't put a deposit down on your order. If you did, its going to be hard to negotiate anything as you have no leverage at that point.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Personally I think you would be insane to pay MSRP for the E43, especially for a march delivery where you will only get a few months of usage before the 2018s are out in August.

There are also rumors of E43 being a one year car, with E50 replacing it from August/September. If this is true then E43 resale is going to plummet and they will be discounting them by $10k by July.

I wouldn't buy an E43 under any circumstances for these reasons.
The following users liked this post:
Minimization (02-01-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 06:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I believe Herr Moers recently mentioned that E50 is the designation for the AMG coupe with the inline-6. He sounds like there wouldn't be a E63 coupe, then.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by otakki
I believe Herr Moers recently mentioned that E50 is the designation for the AMG coupe with the inline-6. He sounds like there wouldn't be a E63 coupe, then.
Correct but if the 6 cylinder coupe is E50 then they will have same engine across lineup.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat
Update on E43 Order

Much to my dismay, I was contacted by a new salesman (original salesman had left) who told me that the E43 I ordered at the end of November and paid a deposit on in December was still in the initial stage (i.e. "green" in their system which means no preliminary or firm assigned production date). At this point, the delivery would be April or later at best. When I ordered it the deal was based on an early March delivery at that latest. The previous salesman assured me that early March was a safe date. The new salesman and his manager have offered up several E43s with P2 package and without all of the options I ordered. I have no interest in anything other than the car I ordered, so I have asked for the order to be canceled and for my deposit to be refunded. I will let you know how it goes. The manager assured me that the delay/problem was not with the dealership, but rather with Mercedes. From what I have seen on various threads, the P3 package is an issue on the E43 and possibly the panorama roof as well. I am starting to wonder if I should wait for the E50 coupe, although I didn't really want a coupe....
Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
You did the right thing. You ordered the build you wanted on the condition they would meet the delivery date they gave you. Why should you have to settle for something else, because they can't deliver the car you want either on time or built to the way you want? So get your deposit back. Unless you under some time constraint or don't have another vehicle to use, there is no rush.

By the way, if you decide to put a deposit on another MB down the road, negotiate price for the build you want before you give them a check. There is no such thing as "no discount" in today's environment. I'm assuming we're talking buying versus leasing of course. If you're leasing, you have much less leverage to negotiate.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

They can also entice you with heavy discount for the other vehicles they are offering and have in stock.
Old 01-31-2017, 10:52 PM

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
W205 AMG
Originally Posted by PaulE550
If you're leasing, you have much less leverage to negotiate.
Myth.

Weather your buying, leasing or financing should have not impact on your ability to negotiate with the stealership. The dealer gets credited for a sale either way. The only difference is who the car actually gets sold to. In a lease/finance scenario, the dealer ends up selling the car at the agreed upon purchase price to the bank (typically MBFS).

In fact, the dealer typically tries to make more profit on a lease/finance transaction by marking up the MF/interest rate.

Always negotiate you discounts before applying any manufacture incentives and push the the base MF/interest rate.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:58 PM

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts
2015 E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by mischief
Myth.

Weather your buying, leasing or financing should have not impact on your ability to negotiate with the stealership. The dealer gets credited for a sale either way. The only difference is who the car actually gets sold to. In a lease/finance scenario, the dealer ends up selling the car at the agreed upon purchase price to the bank (typically MBFS).

In fact, the dealer typically tries to make more profit on a lease/finance transaction by marking up the MF/interest rate.

Always negotiate you discounts before applying any manufacture incentives and push the the base MF/interest rate.
From my experience, when you're able to pay cash, you pretty much have maximum leverage. Perhaps I should have specified the difference between having to finance versus cash. I agree with you that if you are either financing or leasing, there is functionally no difference to the dealership. Whatever they discount on price, they usually recover via a mark-up on the interest rate charged.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:30 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Too many
dealers make a lot of money on kick backs froM MBFS , so they will discount the car more if you are either financing or leasing, as compared to less discount when you pay cash
Old 02-01-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
2006 BMW M5 Sedan SMG III, 2014 Mercedes-Benz E 63 S AMG V8 BiTurbo 4Matic Sedan
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Correct but if the 6 cylinder coupe is E50 then they will have same engine across lineup.
This is very useful information. I was wondering when the I6 would trickle through the lineup. Makes sense on the name change. Helping a friend shop for a GLC 43. I think she should wait for the I6. Maybe GLC 50 for 2018?
Old 02-02-2017, 04:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
E63s,Range rover vogue
Originally Posted by pghc63
dealers make a lot of money on kick backs froM MBFS , so they will discount the car more if you are either financing or leasing, as compared to less discount when you pay cash
I would have thought this would be the case. With finance/lease the dealer has 2 sources of income/commission from which to offer a discount.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
no MBs at the moment :(
Originally Posted by PaulE550
From my experience, when you're able to pay cash, you pretty much have maximum leverage. Perhaps I should have specified the difference between having to finance versus cash. I agree with you that if you are either financing or leasing, there is functionally no difference to the dealership. Whatever they discount on price, they usually recover via a mark-up on the interest rate charged.
This is false. For example, my first dealer would have earned ~$1000 if I had financed my new E63, and he asked me just not to pay off the loan within the first 4 months.

Originally Posted by pghc63
+1
Originally Posted by gooner
I would have thought this would be the case. With finance/lease the dealer has 2 sources of income/commission from which to offer a discount.
+1