W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So now that we know the MSRP...

Old 07-26-2017, 12:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2014 E63 S
Originally Posted by Vic55
That is the one marquee that has a ginormous addendum and you can really custom build the car especially the interiors.
I've never understood how MB can offer so many models yet not have more customization options. I was disappointed not to be able to customize the interior of my car beyond the limited options they had on release. Was the same with my '14 when I got it. I would have paid more for a red/black interior & "interior night pack" like the edition 1, & more wheel options similar to what can be had on a gts.
Old 07-27-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
I would not say "foolish"... it all depends on how picky one is with what they want and also how long they intend to keep the cars (amongst other things). I'm an impulse buyer and never keep cars long so I never order the car. So do I get the perfect car for me? Hardly ever but its very very close everytime and I get the main options that I need and usually some extras (maybe waste a few dollars). But I get a car on the ground that usually has been sitting and then my factory relationship gets me a triple net of holdback price because the car is indeed on the ground.

One thing I always make sure is to get a car that has my "must haves" and because I don't order I get it faster and better pricing. The cars that generally make more sense to order due to their option tallies is Porsche cars. That is the one marquee that has a ginormous addendum and you can really custom build the car especially the interiors.
Interesting. So it really boils down to who's the stronger negotiator; you or the rep. Good thing dad was in the car business for nearly 30 years and taught me all the pitfalls, heh.
Old 07-27-2017, 08:30 PM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Koru_Kinshi
Interesting. So it really boils down to who's the stronger negotiator; you or the rep. Good thing dad was in the car business for nearly 30 years and taught me all the pitfalls, heh.
Its more than that though... its supply and demand of the unit in question, market values, dealer desire to move unit, flooring costs, future allocation of said unit, dealer profit for the month, and the list goes on and on.

Rarely does the Sales Representative have price setting abilities in a general dealership format. The pricing comes from the sales desk.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63S AMG, 2003 SLK 230 Sport, 2004 SL 600, 2006 SLK 55 AMG, 1998 E320 Wagon
Its more than that though... its supply and demand of the unit in question, market values, dealer desire to move unit, flooring costs, future allocation of said unit, dealer profit for the month, and the list goes on and on.

Rarely does the Sales Representative have price setting abilities in a general dealership format. The pricing comes from the sales desk.
Is there a wait list building for the E63? I know FJ Mercedes has still been hounding me to put a deposit down, and I'm still not budging, but from what I've heard through the grapevine, there hasn't been a huge amount of demand. Not like some other cars. Or am I off the mark on that one?
Old 07-29-2017, 06:00 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
Is there a wait list building for the E63? I know FJ Mercedes has still been hounding me to put a deposit down, and I'm still not budging, but from what I've heard through the grapevine, there hasn't been a huge amount of demand. Not like some other cars. Or am I off the mark on that one?
if your looking for an edition 1 I would suggest at least getting one allocated. If your not going to special order then I wouldn't put down a deposit as the demand for these cars has yet to be tested since they aren't released.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Received 795 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Because the cars are not even available its hard to gauge demand unless you have access to order/builds at each dealer. But I dont think the car has all the M and Audi guys lining up to dump their rides for it. Its definitely a topic of discussion on some other boards. If the cars continue to be delayed you could see some allocation holders drop their places and move on.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 442 Likes on 306 Posts
19 E63s(wifeys) & a 21 GLE580
If the cars continue to be delayed you could see some allocation holders drop their places and move on.
Done!

Had a deposit down but got tired of waiting so I purchased something else. I got tired of waiting and I found some thing else with a very good performance level and considerably less. So I bought it instead.
Although I'll probably later look at the car again.