Another day no Fn car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 744 Likes on 486 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Maybe the list was sourced and updated as of Aug 1, 2017 ? because there have been other brands which have just gotten the certification in the last couple of weeks but not on this list.

I believe one example is 2018 MB C63S, it was certified, at least in Canada very recently and I would think this would be approved in the US as well.
Perhaps. If you look in the test data spreadsheet there is plenty of test data on the E63S it's just not on the certified sheet.

BTW I am pleased the GLC63S Coupe is already certified, but if they can certify that months in advance of serial production, then when why can't they have done the same for the E63S. Also the more recently announced 2018 S-Class models are all certified too.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 667 Likes on 514 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
very weird, I must say.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
You guys might have seen this on another post but it was helpful to me to see something even though it relates to the GTR

Hello AMG Private Lounge,

We wanted to provide an update on the certification topic on 2018 AMG GT.

In the litany of emissions tests that are required to certify a vehicle for the U.S. roads, we have gotten through some but not all of these tests at the present time. The auto industry is in a new environment where vehicles are now called in for testing directly, emissions software is tweaked based on that, and this back-and-forth slows the process significantly. This has taken longer than expected to accomplish.

I do want to point out that in no way is this delay related to vehicle safety, it is emissions-related with no customer effect.

However, we did receive net-new news last week that was very positive related to the vehicle’s certification timeline. We are feeling confident that we can get through these tests and release 2018 AMG GT R and GT C Roadsters in Q3. 2018 AMG GT, GT Roadster, and GT S vehicles are already released and on the road.

There will be further communication provided directly to customers from Mercedes-Benz USA on this topic. We apologize for this delay and appreciate your ongoing support for AMG, and we promise we are delivering a vehicle worth the wait.