MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   Edition 1...yes or no (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/685635-edition-1-yes-no.html)

Blue63s 10-14-2017 12:04 AM

Edition 1...yes or no

So I have a little dilemma which is a good thing in this case.

I was a march production with my e63... Here is the spec

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon mirrors and spoiler
Carbon interior trim
Amg pack with black forged rims
Black interior.

​​​​​​Pretty much everything but carbon engine cover, CC brakes and the upgraded stereo

For some reason being one of the first cars built they are sitting longer as there a few campaigns that must be done in order to be released.... So who knows when that will be.

My dealer did call me today and said an edition 1 has been shipped and if I want it instead of my build car I could take it.

I am very town as don't know if I can daily with the sport seats.. I did want this IDP and like the idea of not having the maintenance issues with the matte paint.

What's your thoughts... And I will be leasing as this is a work car for me so I'll be trading it in in 3 years.

Edition 1...or canvasite blue?

tony_f8 10-14-2017 01:33 AM

If you want unique and turn heads get the edition 1. If you want a shinny blue Mercedes that doesn’t look aggressive whatsoever wait. Go test drive a GTS with sports seats. They are the same seat and you’ll get a feel on if you can deal with them or not

Originally Posted by Blue63s (Post 7285747)

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon interior trim
Black interior.

​​​​​​Pretty much everything but carbon engine cover, CC brakes and the upgraded stereo

For some reason being one of the first cars built they are sitting longer as there a few campaigns that must be done in order to be released.... So who knows when that will be.

My dealer did call me today and said an edition 1 has been shipped and if I want it instead of my build car I could take it.

I am very town as don't know if I can daily with the sport seats.. I did want this IDP and like the idea of not having the maintenance issues with the matte paint.

What's your thoughts... And I will be leasing as this is a work car for me so I'll be trading it in in 3 years.

Blue63s 10-14-2017 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by tony_f8 (Post 7285777)
If you want unique and turn heads get the edition 1. If you want a shinny blue Mercedes that doesn’t look aggressive whatsoever wait. Go test drive a GTS with sports seats. They are the same seat and you’ll get a feel on if you can deal with them or not

I wouldn't say a shiny blue merc isn't any less aggressive then the edition 1....I am more concerned with the daily use with the sport seats more then anything and a quick ride in a gts wont do much as Id need to be in the car for 4-5 hours a day.

https://image.ibb.co/n8ittw/2018_Mer...LL2017_180.jpg
https://ag-spots-2017.o.auroraobject...17000142_1.jpg

susman@eurogermantown.com 10-14-2017 08:20 AM

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon interior trim
Black interior.

I would suggest sitting in any car with the recaros at your local Merc dealer.. I like them better, but I ordered half with sport seats and the other half with the massaging multi contour ones

Shellbmb 10-14-2017 09:40 AM

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon interior trim
Black interior.

You had every option in front of you and you spec'd out the perfect car for you. I'd wait for the one you want. Can't think it would be too much longer.

Having said that, the Edition 1 is a sharp looking car and that paint color (056) is my favorite by far. I had it on a C63 Edition one coupe and it was awesome. I would dare say that it was easier to take care of because it was less prone to swirls like you see in dark paint. I loved it and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for the sport seats, if this was my daily drive, I'd opt for the multi-countour seats with massaging. I use my massaging feature all the time in my E63 and the wife's GL. If this were a GTS/GTR, then sport seats.

FWIW. Can't go wrong with either.

Blue63s 10-14-2017 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Shellbmb (Post 7285868)
You had every option in front of you and you spec'd out the perfect car for you. I'd wait for the one you want. Can't think it would be too much longer.

Having said that, the Edition 1 is a sharp looking car and that paint color (056) is my favorite by far. I had it on a C63 Edition one coupe and it was awesome. I would dare say that it was easier to take care of because it was less prone to swirls like you see in dark paint. I loved it and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

As for the sport seats, if this was my daily drive, I'd opt for the multi-countour seats with massaging. I use my massaging feature all the time in my E63 and the wife's GL. If this were a GTS/GTR, then sport seats.

FWIW. Can't go wrong with either.

I see you live in Texas, No snow.. I wonder how well the Matte finish will hold up in a harsh Canadian winter

I am so torn, I guess I will wait until it arrives, go see it if i fall in love and can live with the seats Ill grab it.....The massage seat is cool but I do question how much I will actually use it

AMGBEASTMODE 10-14-2017 01:32 PM

I'm about to pull the trigger on the EDITION 1 today, just test drove it. Race seats are very comfy for me, I'm 6 ft 220.. Plus, they keep you in the seat better!

E634Me 10-14-2017 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Blue63s (Post 7285954)
I see you live in Texas, No snow.. I wonder how well the Matte finish will hold up in a harsh Canadian winter

I am so torn, I guess I will wait until it arrives, go see it if i fall in love and can live with the seats Ill grab it.....The massage seat is cool but I do question how much I will actually use it

The magno finish isn’t really matte on the outside. When you feel it, it is still quite smooth, like there is clear coat over it.

Flashman666 10-14-2017 03:45 PM

I had a blue e63s on order, still haven't gotten confirmation of a build, so I actually purchased an Edition 1 today that a different dealer had. Not regretting it. I wasn't crazy about the carbon ceramic brakes or sport seats but otherwise the options were what I wanted and the paint is second to none. Looks fantastic in the light, night package makes it look sinister. Yellow offset stitching on interior is badass too.

If you can wait the extra time, I say wait for perfection, but I was looking at another 4 months at least and I've waited since May already on the order, just couldn't take it any more.

E634Me 10-14-2017 05:00 PM

It's not real unless there are pics ;-)

Congrats on your purchase

Ed99 10-14-2017 06:04 PM

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon interior trim
Black interior.

I would go Edition 1. Looks aggressive and love those sport seats and yellow interior stitching.

Blue63s 10-14-2017 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Flashman666 (Post 7286089)
I had a blue e63s on order, still haven't gotten confirmation of a build, so I actually purchased an Edition 1 today that a different dealer had. Not regretting it. I wasn't crazy about the carbon ceramic brakes or sport seats but otherwise the options were what I wanted and the paint is second to none. Looks fantastic in the light, night package makes it look sinister. Yellow offset stitching on interior is badass too.

If you can wait the extra time, I say wait for perfection, but I was looking at another 4 months at least and I've waited since May already on the order, just couldn't take it any more.

Another 4 months...why so long...I also had a March build...No clue when it will arrive,

Post some pics

DriveAMG 10-14-2017 11:43 PM

Where are you located?

Canvasite blue
Night pack
Carbon exterior
Carbon interior trim
Black interior.

ill take the edition 1 lol