W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why hasn't your E63 been delivered yet?

Old 10-24-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
18-E63s, 16-GT3RS- 18-X5M
Why hasn't your E63 been delivered yet?

Some are being delivered some are not....Lets figure this out..

I ordered mine way back in January. I was a March build delivered in May

Cars still sitting with no sign of release.

I was told it could actually be an exterior carbon fiber issue, but that's not confirmed

Curious to know of any of you that have not received your car, did you go with the CF exterior options?
Old 10-24-2017, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by Blue63s
Some are being delivered some are not....Lets figure this out..

I ordered mine way back in January. I was a March build delivered in May

Cars still sitting with no sign of release.

I was told it could actually be an exterior carbon fiber issue, but that's not confirmed

Curious to know of any of you that have not received your car, did you go with the CF exterior options?
Interesting, you may be onto something there. The only carbon fiber on mine is the center console and I ordered my car early May and just got it last week. I think I may add on some carbon fiber mirror covers, something like these ones. I had them originally on the order but cancelled them because I was trying to keep it simple because of what you say.
Amazon Amazon
Old 10-25-2017, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Interesting, you may be onto something there. The only carbon fiber on mine is the center console and I ordered my car early May and just got it last week. I think I may add on some carbon fiber mirror covers, something like these ones. I had them originally on the order but cancelled them because I was trying to keep it simple because of what you say. https://www.amazon.com/Eppar-Carbon-...%2Bcarbon&th=1
My car started its build on Oct 10th and has completed production. Currently waiting for me to come pick it up in a week and a half in Germany.

It has the CF trim and center console as well as the night package and the CF exterior package. But not the CF mirrors and spoiler.

Now, I ordered the car back about a hundred years ago, well actually mid May but feels like forever. The end of October was the best delivery date I could get. That got pushed to first week of Nov because the delivery center / factory was going to be closed for some kind of meeting or something like that.

So, maybe the reason my car's production didn't start till Oct 10th was because they knew the timing of certain part availabilities meant it couldn't start any sooner.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Originally Posted by E634Me
My car started its build on Oct 10th and has completed production. Currently waiting for me to come pick it up in a week and a half in Germany.

It has the CF trim and center console as well as the night package and the CF exterior package. But not the CF mirrors and spoiler.

Now, I ordered the car back about a hundred years ago, well actually mid May but feels like forever. The end of October was the best delivery date I could get. That got pushed to first week of Nov because the delivery center / factory was going to be closed for some kind of meeting or something like that.

So, maybe the reason my car's production didn't start till Oct 10th was because they knew the timing of certain part availabilities meant it couldn't start any sooner.
Makes sense. I feel sorry for Bobblehead I think my car got the last engine for a while.
The following users liked this post:
bobblehead (10-25-2017)
Old 10-25-2017, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by 2012 merc amg
Makes sense. I feel sorry for Bobblehead I think my car got the last engine for a while.
When we pick up the car we get to have lunch with it in the Center of Excellence. Apparently there are only two of those done per day out of the 300 to 500 deliveries they do per day there at the factory. So pretty cool that we get to do that.

I was kind of hoping that we would get to do the tour of the AMG factory and see the motors being built - I could have maybe found out more about the motor situation ;-) But, our touring around is going to take us in another direction. Should be fun for my kids, we'll be hitting Germany, France, Switzerland, and Austria. I kind of wanted to at least cross the border into the Czech Republic just to say we did, but I don't think we're going to have time.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:09 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Audi BMW Ferrari MB & RR
... ... ...

Last edited by iconoclast; 08-05-2018 at 10:30 AM.