MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   Which dealers are offering 7%+ off? (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/695808-dealers-offering-7-off.html)

stealth.pilot 01-18-2018 08:53 PM

Which dealers are offering 7%+ off?

As context I was working a deal with a Virginia dealer at 8% off and while I was getting more quotes, somebody bought it.

The dealer is now only willing to do 6% and also doesn't have a car with a build I want.

Does anyone know of other dealers doing >7% off? I read a couple of weeks ago someone got $9k off which sounds like 8%.

Audiodog 01-18-2018 09:44 PM

I know the dealer and family members have bought multiple cars from them. They are selling me an E63S with a 124K sticker (my build) for about $10,600 off. That is 8.5%. No markup on the lease too.

I do have the fleet discount through my work. That did not factor in though.

They have zero cars on the lot. All E63s are built to order with them.

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot (Post 7361154)
As context I was working a deal with a Virginia dealer at 8% off and while I was getting more quotes, somebody bought it.

The dealer is now only willing to do 6% and also doesn't have a car with a build I want.

Does anyone know of other dealers doing >7% off? I read a couple of weeks ago someone got $9k off which sounds like 8%.

Bibenstein 01-19-2018 09:42 AM

I got 7% off my E63S back in December, no problem whatsoever, dealer was very amenable. I got an additional $2k off though my Mileage Plus membership. My dealer is in Ohio.

twilightround 01-19-2018 12:42 PM

It would be helpful to know which dealers are offering these savings. I'm in Northern California, have not seen such discounts.

Vic55 01-19-2018 01:22 PM

You might find a few in CA with "on the ground cars" but these are not 100% the way you want them; so while you might enjoy the price, is this really the car for you and a percentage point is 1200 dollars or just a little more. I didnt get my customary discount because I bought an ED1 but the car is EXACTLY what I wanted and I had a white one at 119k for 11k off and passed on it.

Wants and needs....

Bibenstein 01-19-2018 01:41 PM

The dealer from which I purchased my E63S, Mercedes Benz of West Chest in Cincinnati, was a snap to negotiate with, really quite pleasant. They have one Edition 1 in stock. Maybe they can find other cars. The person I dealt with there is Katrina Hayes, KHayes@WestChesterBenz.com.

stealth.pilot 01-19-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55
You might find a few in CA with "on the ground cars" but these are not 100% the way you want them; so while you might enjoy the price, is this really the car for you and a percentage point is 1200 dollars or just a little more. I didnt get my customary discount because I bought an ED1 but the car is EXACTLY what I wanted and I had a white one at 119k for 11k off and passed on it.

Wants and needs....

The difference with me is that NONE of the cars available are what I want. I agree it makes sense to pay more when someone has what you want. I just can't find it. What I don't want to do is pay a premium for a car which is far off what I want.

v8plus4 01-19-2018 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot (Post 7361653)
The difference with me is that NONE of the cars available are what I want. I agree it makes sense to pay more when someone has what you want. I just can't find it. What I don't want to do is pay a premium for a car which is far off what I want.

Stealth, I sent you a PM

visualguy 01-19-2018 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by twilightround (Post 7361575)
It would be helpful to know which dealers are offering these savings. I'm in Northern California, have not seen such discounts.

Forget about it in NorCal... They can always find buyers there who won't insist on much of a discount for these types of cars.

stealth.pilot 01-19-2018 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein (Post 7361618)
The dealer from which I purchased my E63S, Mercedes Benz of West Chest in Cincinnati, was a snap to negotiate with, really quite pleasant. They have one Edition 1 in stock. Maybe they can find other cars. The person I dealt with there is Katrina Hayes, KHayes@WestChesterBenz.com.

Thanks. I sent her an email. What is Mileage Plus?

Bibenstein 01-19-2018 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot (Post 7361905)
Thanks. I sent her an email. What is Mileage Plus?

If you're a United frequent flyer or if you have one of the United credit cards (Explorer/Mileage Plus) then you can get a $2,000 discount on the 2018 E63S. It might be worth applying for the United Explorer card (say) at $85/yr just to be able to get the discount, at least I think that's how it works.

https://unitedpremier.truecar.com/me...=ZUNI000023142

E634Me 01-19-2018 09:50 PM

Sadly, you can’t combine the United discount with the EDP program. There are a few limited things that can be added to it, like I got $500 for going to the LA auto show to see the new E63 when it was introduced.

Otherwise it is the straight 5%, plus the $995 shipping and delivery charge that gets removed. So about 5.7% in my case.

stealth.pilot 01-19-2018 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein
If you're a United frequent flyer or if you have one of the United credit cards (Explorer/Mileage Plus) then you can get a $2,000 discount on the 2018 E63S. It might be worth applying for the United Explorer card (say) at $85/yr just to be able to get the discount, at least I think that's how it works.

https://unitedpremier.truecar.com/me...=ZUNI000023142

I tried the link but it took me to an offer of 25,000 miles if I buy a CPO car. Didn't see the new car offer. Do you need the credit card or is a Mileage Plus membership sufficient (I have been a member for years but don't have status since I fly mostly Delta and American).

E634Me 01-20-2018 01:31 AM

I don’t recall. I think just Mileage Plus membership. I do have the MP club card, but I’m pretty sure the offer didn’t come through that.

Bibenstein 01-20-2018 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by stealth.pilot (Post 7362036)
I tried the link but it took me to an offer of 25,000 miles if I buy a CPO car. Didn't see the new car offer. Do you need the credit card or is a Mileage Plus membership sufficient (I have been a member for years but don't have status since I fly mostly Delta and American).

I think just a MileagePlus member is sufficient to access the deal. I know for my C450 a few years back that you needed at least silver elite status but I am not silver elite even right now nad I could get the deal. But I do have a MileagePlus credit card.

stealth.pilot 01-20-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein (Post 7362155)
I think just a MileagePlus member is sufficient to access the deal. I know for my C450 a few years back that you needed at least silver elite status but I am not silver elite even right now nad I could get the deal. But I do have a MileagePlus credit card.

I just checked and it seems you need Premier status to get the discount. I used to be Premier Silver, but now I'm just a member. Maybe the credit card gives you access to premier benefits. I am also trying to see if entering the Premier status match challenge will help. I uploaded my Delta Diamond credentials to see if they can match.

E634Me 01-20-2018 01:56 PM

Ok, makes sense. I’m GS.

stealth.pilot 01-20-2018 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein (Post 7362155)

Thanks. I just applied for the Mileage Plus credit card on top of the status match I submitted. This will hopefully unlock the discount one it goes through.

Pingupinktu 01-21-2018 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by twilightround (Post 7361575)

you can buy it elsewhere with a good discount and hv them ship to ur door in Cali right ;)

can hook u up with my guy. I am sure 8% is not a prob.

Corrado79 01-22-2018 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Pingupinktu (Post 7362676)

you can buy it elsewhere with a good discount and hv them ship to ur door in Cali right ;)

can hook u up with my guy. I am sure 8% is not a prob.

I just started researching for my eventual purchase of an E63S wagon. Please PM me your guy. Happy to buy remotely. Thanks!