Sponsored by:

E63 buyback opinion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 10:56 AM

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Audi R8, Alfa Romeo Quad, 991tt,cls550, 997tt, 85 Carrera
E63 buyback opinion

Love to have your guys input regarding a E63 buyback. Dealer told me it was a California car, however the Carfax report states the car was in New Jersey. Dealer states the issues was something to do with the cylinders and Mercedes replaced all of the cylinders. Car continues to have the full factory warranty. MSRP was $114k and it has pretty much everything I need except the AMG exhaust (it behoves me why anyone would ever spec this car without the sport exhaust). They are asking 97k. 2 questions: would you even consider it? if so how much would you offer?
Old 02-12-2018, 12:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
335i, 899, 750li, the titanic
Originally Posted by 2020
Love to have your guys input regarding a E63 buyback. Dealer told me it was a California car, however the Carfax report states the car was in New Jersey. Dealer states the issues was something to do with the cylinders and Mercedes replaced all of the cylinders. Car continues to have the full factory warranty. MSRP was $114k and it has pretty much everything I need except the AMG exhaust (it behoves me why anyone would ever spec this car without the sport exhaust). They are asking 97k. 2 questions: would you even consider it? if so how much would you offer?
This is more of a question of how much you value your own time, patience, and convenience. I personally, would walk from the car AND the dealership; you've already caught them in a lie as to the origin of the car, I would further project a lack of trust into their assessment of the cause of the buy back. It would make the car not worth anything.

ps,

RUN
Old 02-12-2018, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by 2020
May be lie number two unless proven otherwise.....Is the W213 4.0l a sleeved engine? If not, I am sure MB will not re-sleeve the block on a repair on such a new car, more likely they would simply replace the whole long block (doubt they would even authorize a short block replacement).
Old 02-12-2018, 05:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Why even bother with something like that when your paying good (and not little) money. 97k is laughable. If something had an 8 in front of it, and a warranty obviously and only if i was leasing it so i know i would be able to return it in 2 years. Then maybe.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 580 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Walk away.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,884 Likes on 1,321 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Omg .... walk.

is the title branded lemon?

usually if a buyback it's not branded but carfax says it all .... some insurance companies won't insure a buyback or lemon and some companies won't offer extended warranties on these types of buybacks

Old 02-14-2018, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Omg .... walk.

is the title branded lemon?

usually if a buyback it's not branded but carfax says it all .... some insurance companies won't insure a buyback or lemon and some companies won't offer extended warranties on these types of buybacks

Lemon, yes, some insurance may hesitate but usually most if not all will insure. The main thing is financing. Banks will not finance a lemon, they will a buyback/restored though.
Warranties however is a crapshoot