Sponsored by:

ordered 2019 e63s today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 01:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
ordered 2019 e63s today

Have been following the forum for a few months and it has been very helpful. Here are the specs. This will be a daily drive ( except Dec-Feb) since I live in NY
Black
Night Package
AMG Perf Exhaust
20" Black Matte wheels
Air balance package
Active contour seats with massage - had performance seats, but after reading all the comments regarding comfort change my mind - I am 6'3" 200 lbs
Black interior
Heated Steering wheel and rapid heated seats
Exterior light package
Leather steering wheel

Any input positive or negative would be appreciated. It is a June build with August delivery. Is there a way to track the build?
Old 04-12-2018, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
You lucky bum, heated steering wheel, thats new for 2019. Might want to think about the soft close doors too, I like that option, if you don't shut the door all the way it sucks it in rather than opening and re shutting the door. Sounds like a good build, what are you getting for interior trim, Carbon fiber? I got the lined magnolia wood which I really like. I don't think they are offering that anymore for 2019 so my car will be a rarity in that way. You might want to consider the black flowing line trim, I thought that looks good and will go along with your other colors.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Natural grain black ash for the trim and center console. hadn't thought about the doors- will consider thanks for the input. pretty pumped
Old 05-18-2018, 09:26 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
also ordered an E63 S but given the new model starting to go official this month i looked at delaying the delivery. but was informed at the same time that even the current model was going out of parts and the delivery was going to be delayed anyway...
in my case, no widescreen cockpit available (!?!?) and interior color only in brown... i think i am being played, but given the new steering wheel that will be the same used in the S and A classes, and latest C class models (i like it more), and will lose the stupid cruise control lever i guess I will have to wait for the new version and not be stuck with an already outdated car...

I'm in Portugal so i'm not sure if this is part of the standard package in the US, but I would get the AMG Premium Package, 3-zone automatic climate control and Rear side-impact air bags.
and ditch the soft-close doors as they are more of a fancy thing than really useful and ditch the AMG Performance Exhaust. really, i don't get the fuzz around the perf exhaust. the base sound of this AMG V8 is simply beautiful, one of the bests for a turbocharged motor, and the perf exhaust only makes it ridiculous, and you seem to be constantly farting...

the Acoustic Comfort Package is one of my biggest doubts. for what i've seen it doesn't get too much in the way of the motor sound in sport and sport+ modes, but I am not certain how much "acoustic comfort" you get with this. there is no place where you can get a technical stance on this. only marketing or subjective stuff. this should be simple to tell: without this package the car gets an interior measured noise of 73 dbA rolling on a freeway at 75 mph and with the package it gets to X dbA. is this really so difficult? it seems so...
Old 05-19-2018, 12:29 AM

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Nissan
What's your view on the air balance package? That seemed gimicky to me so I passed.

I went perf seats, the just fit me much better in the mid- and upper-back area. The active contour seats are strangely narrow. Which interior trim? Black ash? or the glossy one? Hate glossy interiors but went CF in mine - have some ideas on matting it out though.

I went perf exhaust as well, like being able to have it both quieter and louder for dropping of kids at school and ripping it in canyons, respectively.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:53 PM

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
skoda octavia MkII 2.0
I like the Air Balance Package. It can be argued that is a solution to a non-existent problem but I do not agree. With this you have ionization of the air, improving the air your are breading in the interior of the car, and you can get a pleasant fragrance that can be useful when you drive thru an area with pesky smell.

I don't like the perf seats. I mean, they look and feel great, but they are not suitable for long runs. This car already has a somewhat stiff suspension even in Comfort mode. For what I've tested the active contour seats are great. But it may depend on your body format. I'm more kind of a skinny guy so these seats give me more than needed lateral support.

I also do not like glossy trims and interiors. Actually i think they should be eliminated from all cars. It simply is a bad idea. Easy to scratch, easy do become dirty and with lots of fingerprints, and subject to strange light effects when interacting with outside day light.
I opted for the black ash interior. It's kind of funny this choice because initially you don't like it but then it gradually gets you into it, and I see this happening with a lot of people. No wonder they are extending this interior to other models.

perf exhaust is clearly a question of taste. i really find it over the top. it ruins an already perfect sound, bringing an exaggerated pops and crackles to the exhaust note.
it is simply too much and out of time. sure you can get pops and crackles when downshifting quickly but in here they happen all the time. you simply cannot drive anyway without it popping a lot, unless you slooooly press and release the gas pedal.