MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   What company do you use to ship the car across USA (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/713555-what-company-do-you-use-ship-car-across-usa.html)

PJmak 07-11-2018 05:23 PM

What company do you use to ship the car across USA

Im not buying a E63 but I thought Id post ere since this E class is a brand new car and Im pretty sure some people here had theirs delivered across at least a few states.

Feel free to move to a different location if necessary.

Im buying a car from Illinois and I need it shipped to Northern California. I need a reliable but not too expensive company since its a brand new car and I dont wanna take any risks.

Anyone have any experience?

Andrew-NY 07-11-2018 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by PJmak (Post 7499809)
Im not buying a E63 but I thought Id post ere since this E class is a brand new car and Im pretty sure some people here had theirs delivered across at least a few states.

Feel free to move to a different location if necessary.

Im buying a car from Illinois and I need it shipped to Northern California. I need a reliable but not too expensive company since its a brand new car and I dont wanna take any risks.

Anyone have any experience?

I used Uship.com to successfully transport several cars: a BMW from AZ to NY, Audi from MN to NY, and a Porsche from IL to NY. Simply go to their website, and provide your information (both locations, type of car, enclosed or open transport etc). You'll then start getting offers from different transport companies with their price. It's up to you; pick one based on price, reviews, etc. All the transport companies are insured, so no worries. Hope this helps

PJmak 07-11-2018 06:17 PM

The cheapest quote I get there is $1400. Thats more than what I want to spend

soulsea 07-11-2018 06:42 PM

I have trusted Incognito Express for all my cars (including the 911R) and they've always come through for me with the best drivers at the best price.
I've recommended them to all my friends and they've all been super happy with them.
The contact name is Missy, her email is incognitoexpress@yahoo.com and her number is 254-542-7804.
http://www.incognitoexpress.com
Let her know that Serge referred you and she'll take extra good care of you. :)

PJmak 07-11-2018 06:48 PM

Sweet thanks, Ill definitely call them :)

soulsea 07-11-2018 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by PJmak (Post 7499859)
Sweet thanks, Ill definitely call them :)

My pleasure.

Keep in mind that brokers can't really control the prices that drivers charge, all they can control is their cut, so at some point prices hit a floor and it's not going to get any cheaper.
At that point what you want is a broker who is familiar with who the best drivers are so as to ensure the driver is historically punctual and your expensive car gets to you unharmed.
Companies with their own transporters like Plycar are always going to be more expensive but they do control the entire process from start to finish ... never been worth it to me because as long as you trust the broker to get you a quality driver, they are going to be bonded/insured and the consumer protections are going be the same either way.

Andrew-NY 07-11-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by PJmak (Post 7499843)

The cheapest quote I get there is $1400. Thats more than what I want to spend

Wow that sounds high. I assume $1400 is for enclosed so maybe try open transport. Or wait a bit and see if you get better quotes. It’s been a few years but I think I paid $750 from AZ to NY.

soulsea 07-11-2018 07:55 PM

Prices are highly depended on time of year, weather, locations, proximity to major road arteries, driver availability, and supply and demand ... making it impossible to compare like for like.

The only way to know what current prices are is to shop brokers and all inclusive companies at the time of transport.
After doing that car after car I came upon a company that consistently had great prices and drivers and now I don't even bother with the ordeal of researching it every time.

I wish I didn't know this much about this subject ... vehicular add is a terrible affliction. :(

Andrew-NY 07-11-2018 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by soulsea (Post 7499910)
Prices are highly depended on time of year, weather, locations, proximity to major road arteries, driver availability, and supply and demand ... making it impossible to compare like for like.

The only way to know what current prices are is to shop brokers and all inclusive companies at the time of transport.
After doing that car after car I came upon a company that consistently had great prices and drivers and now I don't even bother with the ordeal of researching it every time.

I wish I didn't know this much about this subject ... vehicular add is a terrible affliction. :(

Well said, I agree. Btw, I picked up my E63 from MB in Mount Pleasant. The 700 mile drive was a bit much to be honest lol.

Andrew-NY 07-11-2018 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by soulsea (Post 7499910)

Well said, I agree. Btw, I picked up my E63 from MB in Mount Pleasant. I wanted Iridium Silver and they had one with the options I wanted. The 700 mile drive was a bit much to be honest lol.

CarDad 07-11-2018 08:59 PM

I've used Reliable Carriers twice and both experiences were very pleasant. I would recommend them.

E634Me 07-12-2018 10:48 AM

To save the ~3 week delay of the car going through the Panama Canal to Long Beach, I had my car delivered to Euro Motorcars in Germantown on its way back from European Delivery.

I travel to DC frequently for business so figured it was pretty likely I'd have a trip around the time the car was ready. If not I have a bazillion frequent flyer miles and would use those. As it turned out I did have a trip the very next week after the car was released to Euro Motorcars.

Flew out to DC, then took Uber up to Germantown when my meetings were done and drove home the ~2,500 miles to San Diego.

I've made the drive between the east and west coast a few times and don't mine the long trip. Was looking forward to getting reacquainted with the car and getting a few more miles on it to really complete the break-in. Had scheduled the rear diff change for Nashville as I would be passing through there with right about 2,000 miles on the clock.

All in all, with fuel stops and hotels I spent less than $1,400, but probably was close to $1,000 if I went back and added everything up.

Down side was that I had one busted windshield and a few rock chips on the front splitter and front end, plus one small chip on the hood that was down to bare metal.

All things considered while I enjoyed the drive, I probably wouldn't do it again given the damage I sustained along the way.

PJmak 07-12-2018 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by soulsea (Post 7499865)
My pleasure.

Keep in mind that brokers can't really control the prices that drivers charge, all they can control is their cut, so at some point prices hit a floor and it's not going to get any cheaper.
At that point what you want is a broker who is familiar with who the best drivers are so as to ensure the driver is historically punctual and your expensive car gets to you unharmed.
Companies with their own transporters like Plycar are always going to be more expensive but they do control the entire process from start to finish ... never been worth it to me because as long as you trust the broker to get you a quality driver, they are going to be bonded/insured and the consumer protections are going be the same either way.

I called this person and I got a 1400 quote for an open trailer and 1800 for closed.

This is way more than I anticipated spending but it was worth a shot.

Thanks again for the recommendation :)

PJmak 07-12-2018 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by E634Me (Post 7500260)
To save the ~3 week delay of the car going through the Panama Canal to Long Beach, I had my car delivered to Euro Motorcars in Germantown on its way back from European Delivery.

I travel to DC frequently for business so figured it was pretty likely I'd have a trip around the time the car was ready. If not I have a bazillion frequent flyer miles and would use those. As it turned out I did have a trip the very next week after the car was released to Euro Motorcars.

Flew out to DC, then took Uber up to Germantown when my meetings were done and drove home the ~2,500 miles to San Diego.

I've made the drive between the east and west coast a few times and don't mine the long trip. Was looking forward to getting reacquainted with the car and getting a few more miles on it to really complete the break-in. Had scheduled the rear diff change for Nashville as I would be passing through there with right about 2,000 miles on the clock.

All in all, with fuel stops and hotels I spent less than $1,400, but probably was close to $1,000 if I went back and added everything up.

Down side was that I had one busted windshield and a few rock chips on the front splitter and front end, plus one small chip on the hood that was down to bare metal.

All things considered while I enjoyed the drive, I probably wouldn't do it again given the damage I sustained along the way.

A long trip sounds fun but its definitely not something I can do at this point.

Im gonna shop around a bit more but it doesn't look like I can get it closer to 1k.

Its a bigger SUV so Im sure thats why its on the more expensive end.