Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 04:18 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
2018 AMG E63S lease up for lease-assumption

----------------------------------------------------
FYI: the car is longer available.

----------------------------------------------------

At the beginning of the year, I let my 2017 RS7 Performance go and replaced it with Mags, my Designo Diamond White 2018 E63S. In my quest to drive everything and since the BMW M5 CP is available for custom builds, I think I want to try one out. Logically, I tried to find a way of keeping both and so began persuading my wife to get the M5 CP under the condition that we'll switch out cars weekly or something so we both get to drive them--she said (and I quote), "no thanks, I prefer my Explorer".

SwapAlease.com link: http://www.swapalease.com/lease/deta...?salid=1232718

So, that said, I've put my AMG lease up for lease assumption. You can find all the details in the link above. I've provided the window sticker and a few other pics below for quick reference as well as an explanation a little further down explaining what lease assumption is and how it works.

For those that don't know what lease assumption is, here are the cliff notes:
  • I'm not selling the car, I'm selling the lease
  • lease assumption is essentially no different to leasing a car from the dealer except that the off-the-lot fees, downpayments, etc. have already been paid--I'm not asking for anything back
  • the process involves the following:
    • I first inform MB Finance that I'm willing to allow someone to assume my lease--that's done
    • I then patiently wait for someone who wants to assume it--that's where SwapAlease.com comes in (and this post, too, I guess)
      • SwapAlease are like a glorified dating agency for lease swaps--they do not handle the lease assumption, merely the introduction of the two parties
    • once someone decides to move forward, they complete the MB USA (lease assumption) application which is just like the paperwork for a new lease
      • note that the new lessee's credit has to be sufficient to attain the lease terms that I did
      • the lease terms cannot be changed; the lease comes with the remaining miles and remaining months and the same monthly lease $$-terms
    • lease assumption has a one-time application fee which, for MB USA, is $500 or thereabouts I believe
  • once the process is complete, the lease and financial liability is transferred lock, stock and barrel to the new owner
She's in virtually showroom condition and is available with or without the tune. There are also roughly $4,000 of aesthetic exterior mods including wrapped elements, custom AMG GT like grille, wheel spacers, custom red "S" badging, etc.

PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Last edited by limeypride; 10-31-2018 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 665 Likes on 513 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
wow. after so many things and $ you have done and spent on the car and just like that, it's time to go.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:36 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
RS7
Interesting, checked out the link but didn't see anything about how much the downpayment was, how far into the lease are you?? etc... Need more of the lease financials.
Also, who pays the transfer fee?

Last edited by CanuckE63; 08-06-2018 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:57 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by bobblehead
wow. after so many things and $ you have done and spent on the car and just like that, it's time to go.
Yup, fickle--that's me!

Joking aside, though, I take pleasure in identifying and making the mods as well as the result so it's all part of the fun to me. I also don't expect the car to go that quickly so I'm putting her up early to maximize chances and timelines.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:59 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by CanuckE63
Interesting, checked out the link but didn't see anything about how much the downpayment was, how far into the lease are you?? etc... Need more of the lease financials.
There's no downpayment, you just pay the transfer fee and take over the payments where he left off. And depending on your state, you may not have to pay taxes on a lease assumption.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:01 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Hey dude,

I'm not sure what you mean--the link goes to SwapAlease and has everything you could possibly want to know from remaining term to remaining miles and monthly costs. There are pics, the window sticker, the MSRP, etc.

There's also no downpayment since I'm not asking for it back. You pay the transfer fee... and that's all you pay (well, there's a potential shipping fee, too).
Old 08-06-2018, 05:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Just assume it was a 36 months / 36k mile lease since there are 12,000 miles on the car and 24000 miles remaining. If I didn't purchase mine 5-6 weeks ago, I would have 100% taken it off your hands. Your car looks really nice, it's already tuned, and $1827 is actually pretty reasonable.

I had a good experience using swap-a-lease a few years ago; I took over a 2013 ML63 with 9 months left from a doctor in FL. Everything was done by email and fedex and then I had it transported to NY. If I remember correctly, MBFS requires 720+ fico score for lease assumption.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:21 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by Andrew-NY
Just assume it was a 36 months / 36k mile lease since there are 12,000 miles on the car and 24000 miles remaining. If I didn't purchase mine 5-6 weeks ago, I would have 100% taken it off your hands. Your car looks really nice, it's already tuned, and $1827 is actually pretty reasonable.

I had a good experience using swap-a-lease a few years ago; I took over a 2013 ML63 with 9 months left from a doctor in FL. Everything was done by email and fedex and then I had it transported to NY. If I remember correctly, MBFS requires 720+ fico score for lease assumption.
Awww, bummer--thanks, though, Andrew.

The monthly lease rate was fought for--it's a chunk-of-change lower than most and most of those are wayyyy cheaper cars.

Likewise with SwapAlease, I've sold perhaps 7 leases now and assumed two--I love it.

Last edited by limeypride; 08-06-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 08:52 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
I think you just like modding cars, and since you're done with this one, on to the next!!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:07 PM

2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by CALBenzo
I think you just like modding cars, and since you're done with this one, on to the next!!
I think you're bang on, sir!
Old 08-06-2018, 10:08 PM

RS7
Originally Posted by limeypride
Hey dude,

I'm not sure what you mean--the link goes to SwapAlease and has everything you could possibly want to know from remaining term to remaining miles and monthly costs. There are pics, the window sticker, the MSRP, etc.

There's also no downpayment since I'm not asking for it back. You pay the transfer fee... and that's all you pay (well, there's a potential shipping fee, too).
No, how much of a down payment did YOU put down for the lease initially?
So it's a 36 month lease with 12k miles consumed so far at 6 months?
It appears there is a 500 application fee and a 600 transfer fee. Mb is making out nicely.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 PM

RS7
Hey dude,

Whats the interest rate?
Swapalease has very little detail from what I'm seeing here
It appears there is a 500 application fee and a 700 transfer fee. Mb is making out nicely.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Now I need to know what’s next on the list
Old 08-06-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 LR Disco HSE LUX, 2019 E63S, 2019 Sierra AT4
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Yeah me too. I would have snagged this car before my order. It’s speced almost identical to my car except the color and interior, but both of those were my second choice. Down to the nut brown with flowing lines.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 AM

2018 AMG E63S
Whats the interest rate?
It appears there is a 500 application fee and a 700 transfer fee. Mb is making out nicely.
I'm not quite with you. As far as I can tell, SwapAlease has everything you need to know: the monthly lease payment is listed; the window sticker is listed; the current mileage is listed; the term is listed; the interest rate is whatever it was when I took delivery (which I can certainly dig up but I don't get why you'd care). The amount we all ultimately care about is about is out-of-pocket expense both upfront and monthly. The former, I've already taken care of. The latter is the rate you would care about--the usage tax in your local county/state.

As you know, this is my first AMG so I don't yet know the full extent of their lease swap process. From what I've read, though, nothing leads me to believe that there are two fees--just the one which varies state to state.

And, yes, it's 12K miles used after 6-months--that's in part why I lease and then sell the lease to folks who don't need/use as much mileage as I do. You know all of this, though, right? From the RS7 forums. Same deal--different car.

Last edited by limeypride; 08-07-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:29 AM

2018 AMG E63S
Whats the interest rate?
Like I said, I don't get what you think you're missing. Why do you care what I put down--part of it was an RS7... remember?

Still hostile... words and sentence structure matter.
The following users liked this post:
CanuckE63 (08-07-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 12:32 AM

2018 AMG E63S
Ooooh, good question--M5 CP methinks... but, honestly, I'm not yet sure.

// UPDATED //

I'm still totally undecided--both the M8 and the AMG GT 4-door are also appealing--unlike the Porsche Panamera $tupid Unnecessarily-Inflated Turbo Price Hybrid $hafted which is sooo not on my list. I love the S63 Coupe, too, but I somehow feel like that's an acknowledgement, "I'm old".

Sigh... I'll get a Prius while I figure it out--I suspect that'll help me make my mind up pronto...

Last edited by limeypride; 08-07-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:17 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 e63s estate

// UPDATED //

I'm still totally undecided--both the M8 and the AMG GT 4-door are also appealing--unlike the Porsche Panamera $tupid Unnecessarily-Inflated Turbo Price Hybrid $hafted which is sooo not on my list. I love the S63 Coupe, too, but I somehow feel like that's an acknowledgement, "I'm old".

Sigh... I'll get a Prius while I figure it out--I suspect that'll help me make my mind up pronto...
i have an early draft of the 4 door gt DOG if you are interested. I was told they would not get here until mid Q1 which is a bummer.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Too many
I have done AMG lease transfers, and I can confirm it is only one fee around 575 plus tax if I recall well
Old 08-07-2018, 09:43 AM

RS7
I'm not quite with you. As far as I can tell, SwapAlease has everything you need to know: the monthly lease payment is listed; the window sticker is listed; the current mileage is listed; the term is listed; the interest rate is whatever it was when I took delivery (which I can certainly dig up but I don't get why you'd care). The amount we all ultimately care about is about is out-of-pocket expense both upfront and monthly. The former, I've already taken care of. The latter is the rate you would care about--the usage tax in your local county/state.

As you know, this is my first AMG so I don't yet know the full extent of their lease swap process. From what I've read, though, nothing leads me to believe that there are two fees--just the one which varies state to state.

And, yes, it's 12K miles used after 6-months--that's in part why I lease and then sell the lease to folks who don't need/use as much mileage as I do. You know all of this, though, right? From the RS7 forums. Same deal--different car.
I guess some people buy based on monthly payment alone and don't care what they really paid for the vehicle.
So be it
Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 AM

RS7
Like I said, I don't get what you think you're missing. Why do you care what I put down--part of it was an RS7... remember?

Still hostile... words and sentence structure matter.
Tried editing my post on my phone, i guess it posted twice.
Hostile? Just asking for info dude, which you can't provide.
No problem, best wishes as usual.

Oh, my rims are going strong, no issues in case you're wondering
Old 08-07-2018, 11:02 AM

2018 AMG E63S
Tried editing my post on my phone, i guess it posted twice.
Hostile? Just asking for info dude, which you can't provide.
No problem, best wishes as usual.

Oh, my rims are going strong, no issues in case you're wondering
It's not what you ask or say, it's how.

I'm able and happy to provide necessary info via PM to interested folks as I said.

Last edited by limeypride; 08-07-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe

// UPDATED //

The killer on the M5CP is the current 10% drop in residual over M5's in stock. From the sounds of it there really isn't a big difference in performance except that the CP is better on the track and rides a bit more like the E63s (stiffer, less comfortable)...
IMO, AMG GT 4 door only if the price is right or the M8. After seeing the M850i I like the front, dislike the rear... Either way, both cars are out a bit...
Old 08-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
The killer on the M5CP is the current 10% drop in residual over M5's in stock. From the sounds of it there really isn't a big difference in performance except that the CP is better on the track and rides a bit more like the E63s (stiffer, less comfortable)...
IMO, AMG GT 4 door only if the price is right or the M8. After seeing the M850i I like the front, dislike the rear... Either way, both cars are out a bit...
And I'm going to go out on a limb and say the M8 will likely end up being $20-30k cheaper than an AMG 4-door. Even a optimistic guess says that even the AMG GT53 4-door will be $10-20k more than a base M850i.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:48 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 e63s estate
Originally Posted by Carac
And I'm going to go out on a limb and say the M8 will likely end up being $20-30k cheaper than an AMG 4-door. Even a optimistic guess says that even the AMG GT53 4-door will be $10-20k more than a base M850i.

I was talking to a dealer Saturday and he said he did a nicely option build on the 8 for 130

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2018 AMG E63S lease up for lease-assumption