Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rant on the extra services on the 213 E63 AMG that don't work right or at all

Old 08-24-2018, 11:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Rant on the extra services on the 213 E63 AMG that don't work right or at all

So I signed up for The M Brace Entertain service about a week ago. Mainly for the hotspot to connect my iPad and sometimes iPhone and other people I have in the car for them to have internet, in addition I figured the I heart and Tune In Radio services would be nice. Well more than 80 percent of the time the service does not work, say's no internet connection even though I have full phone LTE signal. I've called M brace at Mercedes numerous times now and seems like there is no hope, at first they told me they were having issues with their servers now they are not even saying that, although I do think it is on their end. From all I can tell this is pretty much a waste of $18.00 Extra dollars a month. The other gripe I have is this car was really touted for having "Car to X communication" MB talked about that going all the way back to 2016. I know my car is capable of doing this feature which sounds interesting but Mercedes is still not there yet as far as being able to make it work. They have been talking about it a long while now and some people may have even bought their car in thinking "hey this sounds really cool" but nobody at Mercedes can tell me when or if this service will ever become available. The Third and last thing is the Remote Parking Feature using the Cell Phone. There again they had advertisements of this feature and many videos and I thought before I bought the car, wow, that sounds really cool and a great feature. There again, I know my car is capable of doing this feature, infact in Europe this feature does work, but there again Mercedes cannot tell me when or if ever this feature will become available through M Brace, I think it has something to do with the Verizon Cell phone network they use not being able to support this feature. Anyhow, these three things I'd think somebody could make a pretty good class action lawsuit out of, I love the car, but why don't all the Bells and Whistles I paid for work and why can't anyone at MB give my any answers? They tell me to talk to the dealer, ya, like they are gonna know, they will just try to sell me another car and promise me more non existent features, lol.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 08-24-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 549 Likes on 375 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
I have been experiencing the same issues over the past two weeks. However, prior to that period the internet connectivity worked all of the time. The recent issue was no access in the mornings, but always access in the afternoon and evening. I called Mbrace technical support on Friday morning and they.informed me that it was a problem with one of the servers. Anyway, it's working this morning so maybe the issue is resolved
Old 08-25-2018, 12:08 PM

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
2018 AMG E63S
Originally Posted by HBerman
I have been experiencing the same issues over the past two weeks. However, prior to that period the internet connectivity worked all of the time. The recent issue was no access in the mornings, but always access in the afternoon and evening. I called Mbrace technical support on Friday morning and they.informed me that it was a problem with one of the servers. Anyway, it's working this morning so maybe the issue is resolved
+1 here, too
Old 06-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 E63 S Designo Diamond White
Old thread but I'm wondering if the network issues stayed fixed or remained intermittent. My early build car has continue to have intermittent issues with the the 4G LTE conenction with multiple calls to MBrace and the dealer with no luck so far.

Curious if others have had the same issue or found a solution.
Old 06-05-2019, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 380 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Moderately suckky Verizon 4G LTE service. Coverage, spotty, performance, meh.

Sometimes we have to turn off Wi-Fi on our phones and just use cellular in order to get connectivity. Other times it works OK.

I have to be careful and make sure Wi-Fi calling assist is turned off on my phone if I'm on a conference call because calls drop much more frequently than if I'm just connected straight via cellular.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2018 E63 S Designo Diamond White
I've resorted to hitting the MBrace button each time, logging the outage, and have them "send a refresh signal" to get the connect to restart. My cell phone is Verizon and works well here in Houston, but the car won't connect in the same areas. It's annoying as the lack of connection kills the voice to text, traffic, in-car WiFi, or MercedesME app from working when the connection fails.

Hopefully they fix it this time but I'm doubtful. Getting to the point of selling it.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Bugs in the 2018's. My 2019 does not seem to have these quirks. Although my 2019 is a E450 Wagon.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 305 Likes on 224 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
2019 has different system, both hardware and software. Connectivity vendor is now AT&T and MB features are completely isolated from personal cellular connection. New features (like user-upgradeable/OTA-upgradeable nav maps) work flawlessly, in my experience. The only bug I've seen is that the internet radio sometimes needs to be restarted (via the main connectivity menu) but that could be AT&T, HERMES or COMAND. Hoping it's a software glitch that will ultimately be fixed by an update, but it's not a huge deal.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:25 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
When I bought my ML, I signed up for Mbrace and added all their cool features, totaling $240/year. While going through the options with the sales rep, no one at MB told me my car would not work with certain issues due to its model year and software. I found out later that 3/4 of the features didn't work, especially the MercedesMe app. It wouldnt connect with my car thus rendering the app and all its features useless. Inside my garage, I would get no internet connection or anywhere else that had ceiling. Cancelled that service in a heart beat. Totally worthless and F- for MB for not being upfront that most of the features won't work with my vehicle.