Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has Anyone Had This Happen?

 
Old 08-28-2018, 03:17 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 230
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2002 Tundra 4x4, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Has Anyone Had This Happen?

Hello again everyone,
On two occasions, I've come out of the store to find a young man checking out my Edition 1 wagon. In both instances they were very respectful and knew quite a bit about the E63s in general. Both had never seen an Edition 1 wagon and, of course, had many questions about it. I gave them as much info as I know about it and when asked if they could take photos of it, I had no problem with that. Both are car enthusiasts so it was fun talking to them. It's nice to have something that is a bit unique and that others appreciate as much as I do. On another note, I finally surpassed 1k and manually shifted for the first time as well as using sport mode. Still have to try sport + and racing mode. These are really great cars indeed.
stratman is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:02 PM
  #2  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Has anyone had someone come up to them and asked them about their car? Yes. Itís happened. Has anyone had someone take pictures of their car? Yes, once again, itís happened.
Pertplus is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pertplus For This Useful Post:
Southern_Benz (08-29-2018), wdimagineer (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:29 PM
  #3  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 148
Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
E63 S Wagon
You have an Edition 1 wagon? I had no idea.
wdimagineer is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wdimagineer For This Useful Post:
Pertplus (08-28-2018), Southern_Benz (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:34 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brampton, Canada
Posts: 275
Thanked 53 Times in 48 Posts
2015 Toyota Corolla LE
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Hello again everyone,
On two occasions, I've come out of the store to find a young man checking out my Edition 1 wagon. In both instances they were very respectful and knew quite a bit about the E63s in general. Both had never seen an Edition 1 wagon and, of course, had many questions about it. I gave them as much info as I know about it and when asked if they could take photos of it, I had no problem with that. Both are car enthusiasts so it was fun talking to them. It's nice to have something that is a bit unique and that others appreciate as much as I do. On another note, I finally surpassed 1k and manually shifted for the first time as well as using sport mode. Still have to try sport + and racing mode. These are really great cars indeed.
You should try sport + and race mode today; your really great car will feel even greater.

Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
Has anyone had someone come up to them and asked them about their car? Yes. Itís happened. Has anyone had someone take pictures of their car? Yes, once again, itís happened.
I guess when you drive a Tundra, it does not happen much.
s26singh is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:36 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Houston
Posts: 617
Thanked 68 Times in 61 Posts
19 E63s
I already am anticipating walking out to handprints all over my paint (matte grey incoming)
jkob5 is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:36 PM
  #6  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,700
Thanked 583 Times in 402 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
Has anyone had someone come up to them and asked them about their car? Yes. Itís happened. Has anyone had someone take pictures of their car? Yes, once again, itís happened.
I would only take pictures of you... Pertplus limited edition in Jorts.
Vic55 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vic55 For This Useful Post:
Pertplus (08-28-2018), Southern_Benz (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:38 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 456
Thanked 77 Times in 59 Posts
2018 E400W4
What country? US did not have Edition 1 on wagon.
Wassaby is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:39 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I would only take pictures of you... Pertplus limited edition in Jorts.
Remember last time you tried to do that, your parents asked why they saw you on Dateline. Also, Ive been told my legs have a "designo white finish" to them.

Pertplus is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:40 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by s26singh View Post
You should try sport + and race mode today; your really great car will feel even greater.



I guess when you drive a Tundra, it does not happen much.
I find myself really only going up to Suzuki Samurai owners. They always have interesting stories to tell.
Pertplus is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:42 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 148
Thanked 42 Times in 34 Posts
E63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by Wassaby View Post
What country? US did not have Edition 1 on wagon.
Apparently, we in the US actually did. 3 of them.
wdimagineer is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:49 PM
  #11  
Super Moderator
 
Vic55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: THE Orange County, California
Posts: 11,700
Thanked 583 Times in 402 Posts
2017 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
Remember last time you tried to do that, your parents asked why they saw you on Dateline. Also, Ive been told my legs have a "designo white finish" to them.
I thought they saw me on 48 hours--- but apparently you are not dead....

I love the matte white finish better--- no waxing needed.
Vic55 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vic55 For This Useful Post:
Pertplus (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:53 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 456
Thanked 77 Times in 59 Posts
2018 E400W4
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Apparently, we in the US actually did. 3 of them.
Any pictures?
Wassaby is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:57 PM
  #13  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I thought they saw me on 48 hours--- but apparently you are not dead....

I love the matte white finish better--- no waxing needed.
Im dead inside. And will only be resurrected when MBUSA releases all E63s from confinement at the VPC in 2032.
Pertplus is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 04:58 PM
  #14  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Apparently, we in the US actually did. 3 of them.
Any news on how many of them had young male admirers?
Pertplus is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Pertplus For This Useful Post:
Wassaby (08-28-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 05:19 PM
  #15  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 230
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
2002 Tundra 4x4, 2018 E63s wagon Edition 1
Originally Posted by s26singh View Post
You should try sport + and race mode today; your really great car will feel even greater.



I guess when you drive a Tundra, it does not happen much.
HAHA! Actually my '02 Tundra 4x4 extended cab with a mild 2.5" lift and 285/75/16s on custom rims with a shell and bed rug has elicited one offer to buy it in person and one note left on the windshield with an offer to buy it. This truck has gone off road un Utah, Arizona, Sierras and in the desert areas of So. CA as well as being my surf vehicle. Plus it rides really nice especially for an older truck. Oh yea, here is a pic of my "non existent Edition 1 wagon

stratman is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 06:08 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: US
Posts: 456
Thanked 77 Times in 59 Posts
2018 E400W4
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
HAHA! Actually my '02 Tundra 4x4 extended cab with a mild 2.5" lift and 285/75/16s on custom rims with a shell and bed rug has elicited one offer to buy it in person and one note left on the windshield with an offer to buy it. This truck has gone off road un Utah, Arizona, Sierras and in the desert areas of So. CA as well as being my surf vehicle. Plus it rides really nice especially for an older truck. Oh yea, here is a pic of my "non existent Edition 1 wagon

Hmmm...very interesting. Good for you.
Wassaby is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wassaby For This Useful Post:
Pertplus (08-28-2018), stratman (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 06:49 PM
  #17  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 863
Thanked 182 Times in 136 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Got a lot of attention in Germany from young and old, when we were driving the car after European Delivery. Those folks apparently know their cars.

Here in So Cal, not so much, mainly people commenting on the grey magno color as being really nice but not really knowing about the E63.
E634Me is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 06:59 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WA
Posts: 182
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
e63s
One reason why I bought e63, I was tired of people's attention to my previous GT-R. Now I'm invisible and super happy about that.
Mandarin is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mandarin For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (08-30-2018), stratman (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:31 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Hello again everyone,
On two occasions, I've come out of the store to find a young man checking out my Edition 1 wagon. In both instances they were very respectful and knew quite a bit about the E63s in general. Both had never seen an Edition 1 wagon and, of course, had many questions about it. I gave them as much info as I know about it and when asked if they could take photos of it, I had no problem with that. Both are car enthusiasts so it was fun talking to them. It's nice to have something that is a bit unique and that others appreciate as much as I do. On another note, I finally surpassed 1k and manually shifted for the first time as well as using sport mode. Still have to try sport + and racing mode. These are really great cars indeed.
My car seems to attract the wrong attention, mostly guys
Andrew-NY is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew-NY For This Useful Post:
24Hours (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 10:47 PM
  #20  
Member
 
CanuckE63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 82
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
RS7
Originally Posted by Andrew-NY View Post
My car seems to attract the wrong attention, mostly guys
If you want to attract women, buy a Ferrari. Most single women will do anything in a Ferrari. Don't ask me how I know.
CanuckE63 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CanuckE63 For This Useful Post:
24Hours (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:04 PM
  #21  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
E63S
My E63S is debadged, dechromed and virtually no one has ever given it a second look. It totally blends in to normal traffic and might as well be a Camry 😏 Just the way I like it.
Txamgtech is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Txamgtech For This Useful Post:
stratman (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 11:04 PM
  #22  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by CanuckE63 View Post
If you want to attract women, buy a Ferrari. Most single women will do anything in a Ferrari. Don't ask me how I know.
You sound like the kind of person that roofis women at bars. Congrats. Quick question, did you ever end up getting that reservation at Dorsia?
Pertplus is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 09:25 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
24Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC area
Posts: 326
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
'16.5 Landrover Landmark ('19 AMG wagon on the way)
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post


You sound like the kind of person that roofis women at bars. Congrats. Quick question, did you ever end up getting that reservation at Dorsia?
Wow... all that from one line? Ever consider changing your shampoo?
24Hours is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 24Hours For This Useful Post:
stratman (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 11:11 AM
  #24  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,155
Thanked 67 Times in 44 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4
Originally Posted by 24Hours View Post
Wow... all that from one line? Ever consider changing your shampoo?
Why, you find that the Johnson & Johnson ďNo More TearsĒ helps for you?
Pertplus is offline  
Old 08-29-2018, 11:14 AM
  #25  
Member
 
CanuckE63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 82
Thanked 16 Times in 11 Posts
RS7
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
You sound like the kind of person that roofis women at bars. Congrats. Quick question, did you ever end up getting that reservation at Dorsia?
lol
CanuckE63 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Had This Happen?


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: