MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   Furious! (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/719757-furious.html)

Slugsy 08-30-2018 12:46 PM

Furious!

So today took a turn for the worse!

My E63S has a build slot of Sept 21st, with a 10th Oct delivery date, with the grey Selenite magno paint.

A couple of days ago, a mate spooked the life out of me regarding the paint and got me really worried about its upkeep.

So I asked the dealer what the chances of changing the paint was at this late stage and could he enquire about this. I explained that I was on the fence re paint to get but wanted to know if the option was there to change.

I fully expected him to come back and say it wasn’t possible but I got a call to say that he had changed the paint.

I stopped him there and said I hadn’t actually asked him to do that, I’d asked him to enquire and let me know whether it was possible.

I told him to go straight back and change it for my original spec as I’d got advice on the paint and could get it coated for a reasonable price.

This process took at most an hour from him changing the paint to calling me to me telling him to go back and change it for what I originally asked for.

He has come back and told me it’s not possible! The order has magically frozen within that hour period and now I’m stuck with Black Obsidian!

I told him that had to be BS and that it wasn’t acceptable! He said my only other options were to re-order for a Jan delivery date or cancel it altogether!!

I’m furious, literally furious. Partly at myself for even getting spooked in the first place, but more to the fact that I have email evidence that I only asked him to ‘enquire’ and not to go ahead and change it!! I also don’t believe the BS he is giving me.

This has properly spoilt the whole ordering process!

Pertplus 08-30-2018 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7542401)
So today took a turn for the worse!

My E63S has a build slot of Sept 21st, with a 10th Oct delivery date, with the grey Selenite magno paint.

A couple of days ago, a mate spooked the life out of me regarding the paint and got me really worried about its upkeep.

So I asked the dealer what the chances of changing the paint was at this late stage and could he enquire about this. I explained that I was on the fence re paint to get but wanted to know if the option was there to change.

I fully expected him to come back and say it wasn’t possible but I got a call to say that he had changed the paint.

I stopped him there and said I hadn’t actually asked him to do that, I’d asked him to enquire and let me know whether it was possible.

I told him to go straight back and change it for my original spec as I’d got advice on the paint and could get it coated for a reasonable price.

This process took at most an hour from him changing the paint to calling me to me telling him to go back and change it for what I originally asked for.

He has come back and told me it’s not possible! The order has magically frozen within that hour period and now I’m stuck with Black Obsidian!

I told him that had to be BS and that it wasn’t acceptable! He said my only other options were to re-order for a Jan delivery date or cancel it altogether!!

I’m furious, literally furious. Partly at myself for even getting spooked in the first place, but more to the fact that I have email evidence that I only asked him to ‘enquire’ and not to go ahead and change it!! I also don’t believe the BS he is giving me.

This has properly spoilt the whole ordering process!

You have had the absolute worst luck with getting a car.

s26singh 08-30-2018 01:02 PM

Some things are just not meant to be. And I am sorry but black is just as bad vs matte paint - if you're really concerned about upkeep - stick to grey or silver.

Southern_Benz 08-30-2018 01:03 PM

Your sales guy *blows*

Sorry that's happened to you. But also Obsidian Black is a nice color!

I would never make that change so close to config lock unless directly agreed upon.

Vic55 08-30-2018 01:05 PM

I guess you just need to wrap it now... get that cost discounted off the price???

Slugsy 08-30-2018 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Southern_Benz (Post 7542421)
Your sales guy *blows*

Sorry that's happened to you. But also Obsidian Black is a nice color!

I would never make that change so close to config lock unless directly agreed upon.

I just didn’t expect him to be ‘proactive’ as he called it without confirming.

I’m escalating up the chain as I don’t buy his explanation.

I’ll hold my hands up, hindsight I should never have even tempted fate and should have checked the facts properly about the paint.

I’m completely in 2 minds, I actually like the Black but feel the Grey is that little bit more special.

S63AMG888 08-30-2018 01:08 PM

I would take it up with management and show that you had only asked IF it’s possible to change the color and not actually change the color. If they are a authorized dealer and they can if they wanted to, I’m sure they can change it back. In the meantime I would suggest to decide once and for all what color you really want and let the dealer lock in that color.

Good luck.

Slugsy 08-30-2018 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7542422)
I guess you just need to wrap it now... get that cost discounted off the price???

Not a bad idea, I might float that by him tomorrow.

Slugsy 08-30-2018 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by S63AMG888 (Post 7542428)
I would take it up with management and show that you had only asked IF it’s possible to change the color and not actually change the color. If they are a authorized dealer and they can if they wanted to, I’m sure they can change it back. In the meantime I would suggest to decide once and for all what color you really want and let the dealer lock in that color.

Good luck.

Thanks, agreed. I’m escalating up the chain and will see what happens tomorrow.

susman@eurogermantown.com 08-30-2018 01:23 PM

could do a matte ppf film to make it matte black, would protect the paint and be an awesome matte black E63.. cup half full? I dunno.. I cant help my brethren auto salesmen lol

Carac 08-30-2018 01:24 PM

Assuming you went with the glossy selenite grey, I might try to get them to spring for or help cover the car in an Xpel stealth PPF. Your car would look identical to the Magno but you wouldn't have to worry about the upkeep and maintenance of the matte paint. No having to repaint a whole body panel for a scratch or rock chip. Just an idea.
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...051bee7108.jpg

susman@eurogermantown.com 08-30-2018 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Carac (Post 7542455)
Assuming you went with the glossy selenite grey, I might try to get them to spring for or help cover the car in an Xpel stealth PPF. Your car would look identical to the Magno but you wouldn't have to worry about the upkeep and maintenance of the matte paint. No having to repaint a whole body panel for a scratch or rock chip. Just an idea.

great minds think alike.. obsidian black looks super dark grey outside in the sun.. My last E wagon was obsidian, nice color

Slugsy 08-30-2018 01:34 PM

I’m really liking the idea of a Matt Black now!!

Vic55 08-30-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7542472)
I’m really liking the idea of a Matt Black now!!

seeee-

Slugsy 08-30-2018 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7542511)
seeee-

If it looked half as good as your car I would be happy!

Southern_Benz 08-30-2018 02:38 PM

OB is a good base color for a wrap. It's also a great color on its own, and a clear PPF would do it justice. I'm sure others can chime in as well, but keep a couple things in mind. Good wraps are hella expensive and no dealer is going to want to pay $3-7000 for a high quality wrap that they can't guarantee. I'd wish you good luck on trying to negotiate that.

Secondly, as far as changing your spec goes...once a car is config locked, there is no going back. If what you've shared is truth, your sales guy just had a poor bit of luck and horrible timing. Your car was likely in "yellow" status, which allows some config changes right before the car is locked in and ready for production. He changed the color, and once confirmed the status updated to "red" - locked and set for production. What I'm gathering from what you're saying is that he changed it and it immediately got locked in red. If that's the case, no amount of escalation is going to help you on that one, just short of knowing a corporate decision-maker personally.

A premature choice on your sales guy's end, and he definitely should have confirmed with you before making the change, and should have ensured the schedule for the vehicle beforehand as well, clarifying the timeframe for final changes to be made. BUT, in his defense, it's a stroke of terrible luck that it locked right after he made the change.

bobblehead 08-30-2018 02:39 PM

I recalled you are leasing it, right ? If you do this matte wrap, then you will have to remove it at lease end which is $ out of your pocket, therefore, do consider this as well.

Vic55 08-30-2018 02:42 PM

Slugsy (the OP) is in the UK, his remedies differ than ours (we have MBUSA).

Slug, get to the dealer principal there (as suggested) and voice your plight. Personally, while I suggested a wrap, thats not what I would want to do with a personlized order car only to change the entire complexion.

Slugsy 08-30-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Southern_Benz (Post 7542536)
OB is a good base color for a wrap. It's also a great color on its own, and a clear PPF would do it justice. I'm sure others can chime in as well, but keep a couple things in mind. Good wraps are hella expensive and no dealer is going to want to pay $3-7000 for a high quality wrap that they can't guarantee. I'd wish you good luck on trying to negotiate that.

Secondly, as far as changing your spec goes...once a car is config locked, there is no going back. If what you've shared is truth, your sales guy just had a poor bit of luck and horrible timing. Your car was likely in "yellow" status, which allows some config changes right before the car is locked in and ready for production. He changed the color, and once confirmed the status updated to "red" - locked and set for production. What I'm gathering from what you're saying is that he changed it and it immediately got locked in red. If that's the case, no amount of escalation is going to help you on that one, just short of knowing a corporate decision-maker personally.

A premature choice on your sales guy's end, and he definitely should have confirmed with you before making the change, and should have ensured the schedule for the vehicle beforehand as well, clarifying the timeframe for final changes to be made. BUT, in his defense, it's a stroke of terrible luck that it locked right after he made the change.

Some really good advice here and I do appreciate that it may have been pure luck/ bad luck but this hasn’t been communicated to me.

Honestly, everything I’ve said has been accurate, my mistake has been to get totally OCD on this car which is totally out of character and I’m virtually b*tch slapping myself in the face!!

I’ll see how it goes tomorrow, I just can’t work out whether it’s worth waiting till Jan or keeping the Black and maybe trying to get some discount on a wrap.

Slugsy 08-30-2018 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7542541)
Slugsy (the OP) is in the UK, his remedies differ than ours (we have MBUSA).

Slug, get to the dealer principal there (as suggested) and voice your plight. Personally, while I suggested a wrap, thats not what I would want to do with a personlized order car only to change the entire complexion.

Again, you and everyone have given tremendous advice and I’m really grateful.

I’ll see what tomorrow holds!!

Slugsy 08-30-2018 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by bobblehead (Post 7542539)
I recalled you are leasing it, right ? If you do this matte wrap, then you will have to remove it at lease end which is $ out of your pocket, therefore, do consider this as well.

Cheers mate, I’ll check with dealer before even considering it

Vic55 08-30-2018 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Slugsy (Post 7542554)

Cheers mate, I’ll check with dealer before even considering it

UK has different rules on locked builds... see whats up. Your dealer can reach out to MBUK and possible get another allocation or an exception reversal.

My E63S was not even an allocation to any store in the USA. It was an extra one made and because of the dealer's sheer volume, they were awarded the car and I got it. And believe it or not, they just got another Edition 1 a week ago (brand new). Exceptions are the norm, at times.

Southern_Benz 08-30-2018 03:30 PM

Vic makes a good point here...my info was assuming we were talking US market. Some details differ across the pond. Definitely inquire about your options that differ from ours.

Vic55 08-30-2018 03:41 PM

Slugsy- get the M5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:naughty:

Slugsy 08-30-2018 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7542581)
Slugsy- get the M5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:naughty:

Have you some sort of spy camera going on!

I re-checked with BMW today!!!:rolf:

March delivery! Seems they are having bigger delivery issues than Mercedes!