Sponsored by:

Selling my '18 E63s Wagon, ? about value

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
E63 AMG, E60 M5
Originally Posted by pentium7

These issues of having to find a buyer are almost totally why I lease and the other thing is I don't want to bother with protection wraps and other things anymore. I'm treating these vehicles like the depreciating assets they are use and return and I'll always want the newer gen tech in 3 years.
Same reason for me. I don't think i even waxed/detail them anymore. Just drive enjoy and return. Although i tend to lease for 24-30 months.
Old 09-28-2018, 03:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'18 RRS SVR; '18 E63S; '14 Cayenne GTS
Originally Posted by Paul Lenkowski
Thanks for the advice. I will make those changes! I read that someone just traded one in like mine for 100k which is great. I keep getting low ball offers which is insulting but I am not in a rush.
Like you, I'm thinking of selling my E63S. I've always been a Porsche and BMW guy (3 M5s, 2 M3s, 911 Turbo, etc.) and my only two nits on the E63S are the location of the shifter and the weak A/C, which for some reason really bothers me. I have a sedan, not a wagon so much more prevalent and may hurt the value. I believe I have nearly every option with a $147.5K msrp and may trade it in for a GT3, but I know I'll get crushed, but I don't really care so we'll see how it goes. My wife absolutely hates the performance seats haha!
Old 09-28-2018, 09:14 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
E 63 S Wagon
Originally Posted by pentium7
You can wait forever it's just going to go down, sorry but that's reality and the moment MY19s are released (mine's on a ship to VPC this week or next) then yours will take another hit.

I know you are in no rush but waiting for a better deal means you don't want to take a heavy loss. Almost for sure won't get better and you have to hope you find a retail buyer.

These issues of having to find a buyer are almost totally why I lease and the other thing is I don't want to bother with protection wraps and other things anymore. I'm treating these vehicles like the depreciating assets they are use and return and I'll always want the newer gen tech in 3 years.
Yes! Same. I used to be a car care nut - I loved spending an entire day washing and detailing my vehicles, treating them with kid gloves. These days, I have neither the time nor the inclination, nor do I really want to pay others to do it for me. I drive for 36 months, don't sweat it, then get a new car.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Audi S5
Originally Posted by E63guy
Yes! Same. I used to be a car care nut - I loved spending an entire day washing and detailing my vehicles, treating them with kid gloves. These days, I have neither the time nor the inclination, nor do I really want to pay others to do it for me. I drive for 36 months, don't sweat it, then get a new car.
Leasing is great other than two issues... One is that you need to go through the process of getting new cars every 3 years. Some may like it, but I find it to be a pain and time consuming. I'd rather do it only every 6-7 years or even longer. The more serious problem is that getting a new car every 3 years (either by leasing or buying and selling) gets very expensive over time. Not a problem if money is truly not an issue, but if it's a concern at all, it's hard to justify.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Ya agree. I’ll probably keep mine long term. A 2 or 3 year deal on buying a new Benz is just too expensive. I could justify it with my last 2012 as I bought that a year old for 30 grand off. This 2018 I’m taking really good care of it and probably do 100k miles with it over 10 years.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 653 Likes on 511 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
That’s why it bothered me when I had a few people saying I’ll buy it from you in 2 or 3 years right after I got the car including a good friend. What do they think I am stupid.? Wreckless with my money?