Sponsored by:

Hurricane Florence

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 02:42 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 LR Disco HSE LUX, 2019 E63S, 2019 Sierra AT4
Hurricane Florence

Here she comes! Let's hope we don't lose a bunch of cars in Brunswick and/or Baltimore. Looks to be going far enough north to spare Brunswick but you never know. Upwards of 2 feet of rain, on top of storm surges, predicted for some areas.

Here's a pretty cool page I've used for years. Has tons of stuff pulled onto one page. http://tropicwx.com/
The following users liked this post:
Wassaby (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 03:15 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by kcjonz
Here she comes! Let's hope we don't lose a bunch of cars in Brunswick and/or Baltimore. Looks to be going far enough north to spare Brunswick but you never know. Upwards of 2 feet of rain, on top of storm surges, predicted for some areas.

Here's a pretty cool page I've used for years. Has tons of stuff pulled onto one page. http://tropicwx.com/
I've got some friends coming up if they evacuate Charleston or Wilmington. It would have to deviate way off the models to the north to do anything appreciable to the VPC. Looking pretty solid for landfall in Wilmington, but you never know.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:40 PM

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
2017 LR Disco HSE LUX, 2019 E63S, 2019 Sierra AT4
Originally Posted by Carac
I've got some friends coming up if they evacuate Charleston or Wilmington. It would have to deviate way off the models to the north to do anything appreciable to the VPC. Looking pretty solid for landfall in Wilmington, but you never know.

SC Governor just announced mandatory evacuation of all coastal counties starting at Noon tomorrow. All major highways and interstates will be switched to one way starting at Noon
Old 09-10-2018, 09:06 PM

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts
E63S4S
Originally Posted by kcjonz
SC Governor just announced mandatory evacuation of all coastal counties starting at Noon tomorrow. All major highways and interstates will be switched to one way starting at Noon
Not looking good... MD governor has ordered evac...

Old 09-10-2018, 09:15 PM

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
2019 E450 Cabriolet, 2020 GLS450
Perfect. Baltimore VPC can’t manage to get my damn E450 Cab on a freaking truck, when other VPCs have managed to (Brunswick and Long Beach), so now the fricking car that’s been sitting there since July 6, baking in the summer sun, now has a very real chance of getting flooded and totaled....

Om sure MB won’t give a rat’s *** if that happens and will just say “too bad, get in line and order another one... that’ll be a six month wait “

Last edited by sackboydad; 09-10-2018 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:47 PM

E63S4S
Originally Posted by sackboydad
Perfect. Baltimore VPC can’t manage to get my damn E450 Cab on a freaking truck, when other VPCs have managed to (Brunswick and Long Beach), so now the fricking car that’s been sitting there since July 6, baking in the summer sun, now has a very real chance of getting flooded and totaled....

Om sure MB won’t give a rat’s *** if that happens and will just say “too bad, get in line and order another one... that’ll be a six month wait “
i empathize with you, been waiting since may 2017 for my e63s wagon
24Hours (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by wassup61
i empathize with you, been waiting since may 2017 for my e63s wagon
yikes! Is it sitting in Baltimore?
Old 09-10-2018, 09:55 PM

E63S4S

yikes! Is it sitting in Baltimore?
yep, since August 10th. Oh well, nothing I can do but wait it out.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by wassup61
yep, since August 10th. Oh well, nothing I can do but wait it out.
I know, unfortunately MB seems to be holding the AMGs until December fir marketing reasons. very frustrating!

I'm irritated because in other threads people are reporting their e450s have left VPCs in both Brunswick and Long Beach... both of which didn’t arrive until August while Baltimore can’t seen to get any cars out!

i am going to freaking lose it if my car gets flooded or damaged because they stalled and stalled and didn’t try to get these cars out before the storm surge. If I ran that place I would have had every shift working triple time to get the cars out of there before the storm hit. I’m just distraught at the through of losing this car.

If it does survive and is delivered after the hurricane I may have to look to hire a private inspector or mechanic to survey the car and make sure it wasn’t flooded or water damaged and MB or the desk we trying to hide it... before I pay for it.

Last edited by sackboydad; 09-10-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 75 Likes on 50 Posts
Hyperion's Candy-Coated 4 x 4

I know, unfortunately MB seems to be holding the AMGs until December fir marketing reasons. very frustrating!

I'm irritated because in other threads people are reporting their e450s have left VPCs in both Brunswick and Long Beach... both of which didn’t arrive until August while Baltimore can’t seen to get any cars out!

i am going to freaking lose it if my car gets flooded or damaged because they stalled and stalled and didn’t try to get these cars out before the storm surge. If I ran that place I would have had every shift working triple time to get the cars out of there before the storm hit. I’m just distraught at the through of losing this car.

If it does survive and is delivered after the hurricane I may have to look to hire a private inspector or mechanic to survey the car and make sure it wasn’t flooded or water damaged and MB or the desk we trying to hide it... before I pay for it.
Just so I understand you correctly, if there is a major hurricane going to hit a particular location, you want a company to have its human employees work “triple time” to save cars rather than to be with their own families and get them to safety? Is that what you’re really saying? You realize people are going to potentially lose their homes, everything they own and some — unfortunately — may even lose their lives. Do you understand how you sound right now as people are in the process of evacuating their homes? Did you think about that for one moment before you wrote what you did? You’re “distraught at the thought over losing this car?” Did you really just write that? You’re writing about a car “surviving” when, once again, this hurricane could cause massive loss of life? Jesus H. Christ, you really are the humanitarian aren’t you.
24Hours (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus

Just so I understand you correctly, if there is a major hurricane going to hit a particular location, you want a company to have its human employees work “triple time” to save cars rather than to be with their own families and get them to safety? Is that what you’re really saying? You realize people are going to potentially lose their homes, everything they own and some — unfortunately — may even lose their lives. Do you understand how you sound right now as people are in the process of evacuating their homes? Did you think about that for one moment before you wrote what you did? You’re “distraught at the thought over losing this car?” Did you really just write that? You’re writing about a car “surviving” when, once again, this hurricane could cause massive loss of life? Jesus H. Christ, you really are the humanitarian aren’t you.
I am sorry. You are completely right. Wasn’t thinking that far ahead.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
I am sorry. You are completely right. Wasn’t thinking that far ahead.
Ah, not to worry. I've seen downtown Baltimore, the Inner Harbour and the Fells Point get flooded before. Not a big deal. Remember it's a harbour area, it already has a lot of water. Not sure about the VPC though, it could be on slightly higher ground.

Last edited by guhvies; 09-11-2018 at 03:18 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
I live in Maryland, I think we will be ok from recent reports... not so sure about southern VPC

plus most of the 19's at Balt port have been moved to a diff location because so many cars there
Old 09-14-2018, 11:20 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG E63S
Where have they been moved too?
Old 09-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 373 Likes on 292 Posts
Originally Posted by Benowen
Where have they been moved too?
closeby, off site location..

but...its cloudy here in Maryland, and we've gotten light rains and everything is ok here. Sorry to everyone in the Carolina's .. some of the storm surge videos are scary
Old 09-15-2018, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 528 Posts
R Nine T
This has to be the most overhyped storm of the last 20 years.

good for you weather channel.