MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   W213 AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/)
-   -   Dealer Recommendation (https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/721098-dealer-recommendation.html)

BLee80 09-13-2018 01:12 PM

Dealer Recommendation

I'm getting jerked around by my SA/Dealer on my order and am starting to get real annoyed. I think I'm going to find another dealer. Can anyone recommend a dealer and SA in the So. Cal Area? Willing to drive to San Diego as well. For that matter, Vegas or AZ would work as well. Thanks in advance

Vic55 09-13-2018 01:46 PM

Call Jason (Aussie) at House of Imports Buena Park and tell him I sent you:
(714) 627-5553

jkob5 09-13-2018 02:02 PM

Not in your area but very easy to work with and gives discount. Gordon Barnes at Mercedes north Houston

HDEddie54 09-13-2018 02:17 PM

Out of State Purchase

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7553261)
Call Jason (Aussie) at House of Imports Buena Park and tell him I sent you:
(714) 627-5553

Hi Vic55, I've two dealers in my area (Las Vegas) and I'm getting ready to place an order for a '19 E53 AMG. Ive not spoke in earnest to either dealer yet but I have a feeling that since they are the only game in town (both owned by Fletcher Jones), I'm kinda stuck between a rock and hard spot...not much competition. I'm coming from the BMW world where 9-11% off MSRP was my usual deal no matter which dealer. My question then is 1) If Im not feeling the deal with my local dealer (5% or better on factory order), would it be worth it to go to So Cal and place the order? 2) If I go to So Cal there are numerous Mercedes dealers and I would try your recommendation (House of Imports). Or maybe Mercedes of Ontario, a "Costco" dealer which usually means about 5% off MSRP anyway. Any thoughts on "Costco" dealers? Thanks

Vic55 09-13-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by HDEddie54 (Post 7553294)
Hi Vic55, I've two dealers in my area (Las Vegas) and I'm getting ready to place an order for a '19 E53 AMG. Ive not spoke in earnest to either dealer yet but I have a feeling that since they are the only game in town (both owned by Fletcher Jones), I'm kinda stuck between a rock and hard spot...not much competition. I'm coming from the BMW world where 9-11% off MSRP was my usual deal no matter which dealer. My question then is 1) If Im not feeling the deal with my local dealer (5% or better on factory order), would it be worth it to go to So Cal and place the order? 2) If I go to So Cal there are numerous Mercedes dealers and I would try your recommendation (House of Imports). Or maybe Mercedes of Ontario, a "Costco" dealer which usually means about 5% off MSRP anyway. Any thoughts on "Costco" dealers? Thanks

The margins between BMW and Benz differ along with vehicle movement so you will not see that same 10% discount on an E53. Vegas to Cali is a short flight so if the deal is right, hope on Southwest and get the car; I would if the roles were reversed. I only have dealings with the House but they are my dealer since 2005 and I have a long history with them. YMMV but it only takes a phone call to Jason as he will shoot you straight. 5% is right above invoice on the car as holdback percentages are not the same as BMW. I dont know anything about Costco and their deals unfortunately.

HDEddie54 09-13-2018 05:16 PM

Out of State Purchase

Originally Posted by BLee80 (Post 7553227)
I'm getting jerked around by my SA/Dealer on my order and am starting to get real annoyed. I think I'm going to find another dealer. Can anyone recommend a dealer and SA in the So. Cal Area? Willing to drive to San Diego as well. For that matter, Vegas or AZ would work as well. Thanks in advance

I've not done an out of state purchase before but just wondering about a few questions. If you bought a car out of state, presuming you don't have an address in that state, 1) you would pay lic and registration for that state to drive the car off the lot, correct? but then 2) would you have to pay license and registration again in your home state? Thanks

Vic55 09-13-2018 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by HDEddie54 (Post 7553462)
I've not done an out of state purchase before but just wondering about a few questions. If you bought a car out of state, presuming you don't have an address in that state, 1) you would pay lic and registration for that state to drive the car off the lot, correct? but then 2) would you have to pay license and registration again in your home state? Thanks

If the wheels touch the ground where you buy it, you pay tax where it was retailed. If you have the car shipped to you then you pay tax where you reside.

DMV taxes are paid where you reside. So the dealer could handle the taxes but almost all will not work with out of state DMV's as its a red tape nightmare.

In your specific case, if you took delivery of a purchase in CA and drove it back you would pay taxes where the dealer is. They probably would set up a temp reg permit for 30-60 days so you could drive it home and register it in NV. If you had it shipped then you would pay taxes based on your state when you register it. DMV fees will be paid where you reside either way.

House of Imports is an AutoNation store and they have good experience with out of state buys.

Carac 09-13-2018 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7553490)
If the wheels touch the ground where you buy it, you pay tax where it was retailed. If you have the car shipped to you then you pay tax where you reside.

DMV taxes are paid where you reside. So the dealer could handle the taxes but almost all will not work with out of state DMV's as its a red tape nightmare.

In your specific case, if you took delivery of a purchase in CA and drove it back you would pay taxes where the dealer is. They probably would set up a temp reg permit for 30-60 days so you could drive it home and register it in NV. If you had it shipped then you would pay taxes based on your state when you register it. DMV fees will be paid where you reside either way.

House of Imports is an AutoNation store and they have good experience with out of state buys.

Every car I've bought out of state I've signed an exemption for collecting sales tax in that state and paid it in the state I live in. I would love it if I paid a different state's car tax because Virginia (where I live) is a state where you pay tax on the purchase price, not just the difference with a trade. Taxed on the full amount...and then you pay 2-3% property tax on each car you own each year based on the depreciated value. Craziness.

Bibenstein 09-13-2018 07:04 PM

I also highly recommend seeing if you have the United - Mercedes benefit. I got $2,000 off when I bought my 2018 E63S. I checked just now and they're still offering the benefit on the E63S, thought it's shrunk to $1,500.

Pertplus 09-13-2018 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein (Post 7553569)
I also highly recommend seeing if you have the United - Mercedes benefit. I got $2,000 off when I bought my 2018 E63S. I checked just now and they're still offering the benefit on the E63S, thought it's shrunk to $1,500.

what is the United-Mercedes special offer?

gfish 09-13-2018 07:32 PM

Agree with Vic55 on House of Imports. James Ononui made my deal and Jason delivered when he was off. These 2 guys and the dealership are top notch no BS plus being an AutoNation dealership they have access to a lot of cars. I drove there from Tucson, AZ :wootrock:

2012 merc amg 09-13-2018 10:52 PM

If your a Veteran you could use USAA that gives a pretty good discount.

Corrado79 09-13-2018 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pertplus (Post 7553573)

what is the United-Mercedes special offer?

Yes, inquiring minds...

sackboydad 09-14-2018 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bibenstein (Post 7553569)

Costco. It’s model specific, but for instance 2019 e-class cars are $2000 over invoice, which still comes down to a decent discount. The offer varies by class and model year. I’m using the Costco deal to get my MY19 E450 cab which is current on a truck to the dealer

Corrado79 09-14-2018 12:50 PM

How does that work? Do you need to get a code or something from Costco and bring it to the dealer?

sackboydad 09-14-2018 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Corrado79 (Post 7554048)
How does that work? Do you need to get a code or something from Costco and bring it to the dealer?

you have to be a member. Search custom auto buying. Super easy. You can build it then it will see if it matches the dealer they’re with. It shows you the MSRP and the invoice cost. They don’t tell you what the deal is, but the dealer will. I just know the current e-class is $2k over invoice. My 2019 E450 cab has a MSRP of $89,645. Invoice is $83,885. Both include the $995 destination fee. Add $2k to the invoice and you get $86,885 which is still about $3k below MSRP. Maybe not the best but certainly not the worst deal on a brand new model year car.

Bibenstein 09-14-2018 12:56 PM

It's offered through Truecar but you have to login with a United MileagePlus account. Once you login, you select your model and features, then fill out some info, you get a control number and certificate that the dealer uses. I've done this twice, once on a C450 and then on my E63S, both times worked and no hassles.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...02b41dcb17.jpg

Corrado79 09-14-2018 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by sackboydad (Post 7554052)

you have to be a member. Search custom auto buying. Super easy. You can build it then it will see if it matches the dealer they’re with. It shows you the MSRP and the invoice cost. They don’t tell you what the deal is, but the dealer will. I just know the current e-class is $2k over invoice. My 2019 E450 cab has a MSRP of $89,645. Invoice is $83,885. Both include the $995 destination fee. Add $2k to the invoice and you get $86,885 which is still about $3k below MSRP. Maybe not the best but certainly not the worst deal on a brand new model year car.

Got it. I am a member, but I already have a negotiated discount with my dealer. I was hoping for a code to add to that.

sackboydad 09-14-2018 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Corrado79 (Post 7554055)
Got it. I am a member, but I already have a negotiated discount with my dealer. I was hoping for a code to add to that.

don’t think it works that way but you can figure out which is the better deal.

E634Me 09-14-2018 03:19 PM

I know that the United discount could not be applied on top of the European Delivery Program discount, nor could most other discounts. I did get a $500 discount from Mercedes though for attending the LA auto show where the E63S was launched in the US. That discount was added on top of the EDP.

But EDP is a whole different critter from the regular process at a dealership, or so I was told.

HDEddie54 09-14-2018 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Vic55 (Post 7553490)

Spoke to Jason today...straight up guy and very helpful with info for out-of-state purchase. I should know this time next month if we have a deal. THANKS MUCH for the tip.

susman@eurogermantown.com 09-15-2018 10:59 AM

would love to help if we were closer